Kevin McCarthy is still kissing the ring

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
Hardly surprising :rolleyes-41:

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., skirted questions during an interview on Sunday about his Jan. 6 phone call with then-President Donald Trump as the Capitol riot was ongoing.​
Speaking with "Fox News Sunday," McCarthy said Trump was not aware of what was going on at the Capitol when he first reached him. A former Trump adviser told The Washington Post that the former president was watching the events unfold on TV, an account which Trump later denied.​
"I was the first person to contact him when the riots were going on," McCarthy said. "He didn't see it. What he ended the call with saying was telling me he'll put something out to make sure to stop this. And that's what he did. He put a video out later."​
As host Chris Wallace responded, that video Trump posted was "quite a lot later" and "was a pretty weak video." In that video, which was posted hours after the riot began, Trump urged the rioters to "Go home. We love you. You're very special."​
Pressed about the account Rep. Jamie Herrera Beutler, R-Wa., shared of the call, which was introduced more than two months ago during Trump's second impeachment trial, McCarthy said: "My conversations with the president are my conversations with the president."​

How is he kissing the right or skirting the question?

Sounds pretty direct to me: "I was the first person to contact him when the riots were going on," McCarthy said. "He didn't see it. What he ended the call with saying was telling me he'll put something out to make sure to stop this. And that's what he did. He put a video out later."

After years of the propaganda from your propagandist being debunked, do you think it's possible you just can't accept reality?

One thing Trump has exposed is how cowardly the Republican Party is. We've always known they're an immoral and corrupt group of people, with their own self preservation their only priority, but when no longer able to carefully conceal the rot within their own party, when someone like Trump , with no nuance or forethought, tears the mask off of the GOP with his words and actions, 99% of elected Republicans quietly nod their heads and go along to get along.

Some, like Jordan, Gaetz, Louie Gomer and Ms. Lindsey Graham, are quite enthusiastic about their support of Trump, while the majority of Republicans are likely embarrassed privately but say nothing publicly, as they, as a party, are truly gutless.

Portland Oregon is burning, illegal aliens are massing at the border, the Covid vaccine might be killing people with blood clots and the president wanders around the White House wearing a black mask and wondering who took his vicious dog away but the left worries about a 4 month old phone call from a republican politician to the former president? WTF?

Portland Oregon is burning, illegal aliens are massing at the border, the Covid vaccine might be killing people with blood clots and the president wanders around the White House wearing a black mask and wondering who took his vicious dog away but the left worries about a 4 month old phone call from a republican politician to the former president? WTF?

While the Republican Party Trump Cult focuses on Dr Suess, Mr Potato Head, etc., etc.

Why would you expect Rep. McCarthy to trashtalk his Party's 2024 Presidential candidate?

No one is kissing Trump's ring, they are just uniting behind their candidate.

The Republicans who are loyal to Trump are going to have to be put to the test. Pedophiles like Gaitz are going to make it very difficult for them to stick with Trump.

However, they seem to have a higher cause that drives them to suffer the embarrassment of sticking. Can any Trump supporter explain why they can't reach a sensible compromise and move on and above the teabagger mental sickness?

He has to.
Orange Jesus is still the leader of the Republican Party Trump Cult, and will be for some time.
This will be amazing to watch, for a long time. Some fun questions:
  • How long will Trump be in control?
  • What effect will the 2022 results have on his grip on the party?
  • Do any presidential aspirants have the balls to talk 2024 until Trump decides if he'll run?
  • How do those who have sold their soul to him pivot if things go south?
  • Who is first to emerge if Trump loses his grip?
It definitely is weird, living in unique times.

:popcorn:

Why would you expect Rep. McCarthy to trashtalk his Party's 2024 Presidential candidate?

You need to wait to hear the outcry over the Maricopa recount to say with any amount of certainty.

It could possibly be huge in support of Trump or it could become the last whimper of support he will ever have.

Hardly surprising :rolleyes-41:

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., skirted questions during an interview on Sunday about his Jan. 6 phone call with then-President Donald Trump as the Capitol riot was ongoing.​
Speaking with "Fox News Sunday," McCarthy said Trump was not aware of what was going on at the Capitol when he first reached him. A former Trump adviser told The Washington Post that the former president was watching the events unfold on TV, an account which Trump later denied.​
"I was the first person to contact him when the riots were going on," McCarthy said. "He didn't see it. What he ended the call with saying was telling me he'll put something out to make sure to stop this. And that's what he did. He put a video out later."​
As host Chris Wallace responded, that video Trump posted was "quite a lot later" and "was a pretty weak video." In that video, which was posted hours after the riot began, Trump urged the rioters to "Go home. We love you. You're very special."​
Pressed about the account Rep. Jamie Herrera Beutler, R-Wa., shared of the call, which was introduced more than two months ago during Trump's second impeachment trial, McCarthy said: "My conversations with the president are my conversations with the president."​

He's kissing a lot more than just the ring.

He has to.
Orange Jesus is still the leader of the Republican Party Trump Cult, and will be for some time.
  • Do any presidential aspirants have the balls to talk 2024 until Trump decides if he'll run?

Donald Trump's candidacy is the key, of course.

Those who support him aren't going to declare their candidacy to primary Trump, why would they?

But the real question is what Anti-Trump Republicans are going to have courage to try and stink up the joint in 2024? Where is Romney and Kasich? How about the Bush Family? Joe Walsh? Bill Weld? Colin Powell?

[/QUOTE]
The Maricopa recount reaction in favour of Trump could become his last gasp. They're betting the farm on it.

There's little doubt that the cheating will be found, but will the people buy it in sufficient numbers to carry Trump onward?

I think that Biden has moved too effectively and too fast for it to work again for Trump.

How is he kissing the right or skirting the question?

Sounds pretty direct to me: "I was the first person to contact him when the riots were going on," McCarthy said. "He didn't see it. What he ended the call with saying was telling me he'll put something out to make sure to stop this. And that's what he did. He put a video out later."

After years of the propaganda from your propagandist being debunked, do you think it's possible you just can't accept reality?

We know what was said in that call. So yes, Kevin is skirting the question.
As for kissing the ring? :)

maxresdefault.jpg

But the real question is what Anti-Trump Republicans are going to have courage to try and stink up the joint in 2024? Where is Romney and Kasich? How about the Bush Family? Joe Walsh? Bill Weld? Colin Powell?
They know the party is far too Trumpy right now. They'd be worried about their safety, and it's far too early, anyway.

Their only shot will be if the party shits the bed in 2022.

He has to.

They're beyond the ability to "pivot" at this point and will ride the Rump Express straight to hell.
But yes, all great questions and many unanswered. Popcorn-worthy indeed! ;)

timthumb.php

You need to wait to hear the outcry over the Maricopa recount to say with any amount of certainty.

It could possibly be huge in support of Trump or it could become the last whimper of support he will ever have.

The outcome of Ninja Guy/ Q-Kook's recount is obvious already -
It will be meaningless, but Donnie's sycophants will ride the Big Lie until the cows come home.

They know the party is far too Trumpy right now. They'd be worried about their safety, and it's far too early, anyway.

Their only shot will be if the party shits the bed in 2022.

Sitting around on their hands is no way to bring the GOP establishment back in control of the party.

Forum List

Back