Kentucky clerk refusing gay marriage has wed four times

Shes a Democrat Woman. If she was a Black Democrat Woman that would be like wining the trifecta of Political Correctness.

And you wouldn't even mention her.

no ... no one cares if she calls herself a democrat

she can't violate the law.

and aren't you embarrassed that those people (and you, apparently) are using jesus to justify hatred and bigotry?

let me know when you follow all of the mandates in leviticus and maybe you'd have more credibility. me? i think jesus, if he was who you think he was, hates bigots.

:cuckoo:

Is it bigotry and hatred to be against incest?

There are laws against incest...there are no laws against same sex relationships

There used to be laws against sodomy but that was slowly worked on over a number of years by the left.
Several sins have now become accepted so the next will be polygamy, sex with animals, incest.
Now they are against Christians deporting them back to Germany, ICE holding them for 4 months in San Diego.
Just like the Bible says that in end times Christians will be hated, jailed and killed.
We have ceased to be a good Godly Nation and have become an evil and sinful Nation.

Alexis de Tocqueville said it the best
"I sought for the key to the greatness of America in her harbors…; in her fertile fields and boundless forests; in her rich mines and vast world commerce; in her public school system and institutions of learning. I sought for it in her democratic Congress and in her matchless Constitution. Not until I went into the churches of America and heard her pulpits aflame with righteousness did I understand the secret of her genius and power. America is great because America is good, and if America ever ceases to be good, America will cease to be great."

WE are going down a spiral of hate and intolerance from the left,

Shes a Democrat Woman. If she was a Black Democrat Woman that would be like wining the trifecta of Political Correctness.

and aren't you embarrassed that those people (and you, apparently) are using jesus to justify hatred and bigotry?

let me know when you follow all of the mandates in leviticus and maybe you'd have more credibility. me? i think jesus, if he was who you think he was, hates bigots.

There are laws against incest...there are no laws against same sex relationships

There used to be laws against sodomy but that was slowly worked on over a number of years by the left.
Several sins have now become accepted so the next will be polygamy, sex with animals, incest.
Now they are against Christians deporting them back to Germany, ICE holding them for 4 months in San Diego.
Just like the Bible says that in end times Christians will be hated, jailed and killed.
We have ceased to be a good Godly Nation and have become an evil and sinful Nation.

"I sought for the key to the greatness of America in her harbors…; in her fertile fields and boundless forests; in her rich mines and vast world commerce; in her public school system and institutions of learning. I sought for it in her democratic Congress and in her matchless Constitution. Not until I went into the churches of America and heard her pulpits aflame with righteousness did I understand the secret of her genius and power. America is great because America is good, and if America ever ceases to be good, America will cease to be great."

So you support imprisoning people for consensual sodomy? Even married couples?

You think that would be an example of Americas "goodness"?

We had laws that did do that. What was unfair about it is they were sentenced longer than the ones who were adults who did it with underage girls.
They should have been equal not sentenced for a longer term.

It is the acceptance of sinful things overall since the 1960's and for the 1st time in our history we have jailed a person for her religious beliefs rather than trying to work out a compromise like other States have done.
That is hatred all the way around on both sides.

We had laws that did do that. What was unfair about it is they were sentenced longer than the ones who were adults who did it with underage girls.

It is the acceptance of sinful things overall since the 1960's and for the 1st time in our history we have jailed a person for her religious beliefs rather than trying to work out a compromise like other States have done.

Once again, no surprise, you are wrong. Many conscientious objectors were jailed in WWII. Many of them were religiously motivated.

Once again, no surprise, you are wrong. Many conscientious objectors were jailed in WWII. Many of them were religiously motivated.

Conscientious Objectors during World War II
World War II, the draft law exempted from military service those who "by reason of religious training and belief" opposed war. The objectors still served. They were assigned to "work of national importance." This service fell into two types:
  • First, about 25,000 objectors served in the military in "noncombatant" roles. They were medics who were in the Army but didn't carry a gun.
  • Second, those who objected to being the military served on the home front. About 20,000 objectors fought forest fires, built conservation projects in rural areas, or took care of the mentally ill in hospitals.
There were objectors who refused to even register for the draft, believing that the draft itself was supporting the killing. About 6,000 of these men went to jail.
These 6,000 draft dodgers was totally different and not comparable to what is going on now. We have always had people jailed for dodging the draft religious or no religious beliefs.
We did have a compromise.
Not for this one.

Do you believe homosexuals should be jailed?

Of course they do, in the sense that they support allowing the states to legislate as they please regardless of what federal law and the Supreme Court say.

Conscientious Objectors during World War II
World War II, the draft law exempted from military service those who "by reason of religious training and belief" opposed war. The objectors still served. They were assigned to "work of national importance." This service fell into two types:
  • First, about 25,000 objectors served in the military in "noncombatant" roles. They were medics who were in the Army but didn't carry a gun.
  • Second, those who objected to being the military served on the home front. About 20,000 objectors fought forest fires, built conservation projects in rural areas, or took care of the mentally ill in hospitals.
There were objectors who refused to even register for the draft, believing that the draft itself was supporting the killing. About 6,000 of these men went to jail.
These 6,000 draft dodgers was totally different and not comparable to what is going on now. We have always had people jailed for dodging the draft religious or no religious beliefs.
We did have a compromise.
Not for this one.

Let's compare two of your quotes:

1. "...for the 1st time in our history we have jailed a person for her religious beliefs..."

2. "We have always had people jailed for dodging the draft religious or no religious beliefs."

Pick one, and then we'll go from there.

lolol

Not only have we stopped being a nation that is a force for good. We have gone into being a force for evil. There is no other way to say it. We have normalized perversion, legalized the murder of infants and selling body parts. Criminalized Christianity. We support the most murderous and evil regimes in the world. Our leadership supports the destruction of Israel and genocide of Jews. We've become one of the worst nations that has ever existed.

And the Constitution is the law of the land not the big book of the goyim

Without God we would not have our Constitution.
Everyone who fought in the Revolutionary war knew we won because of God's helping hand.
From the Generals down to the soldiers.
You should read some of their letters and papers and the many miracles that happened.

that's one of the stupidest things I've ever read. G-d had nothing to do with our constitution. We live in a secular country and the founding fathers were terrified of religious wackos interfering in our government.

but just in case you want to rant about G-d and constitution some more, whose religion should govern. I say Judaism. sunni ijit would probably say islam.

now you see why you wackos need to keep religion out of government? :cuckoo:
Our Constitution was written by a slaveholder and defended the institution of slavery

God was involved in that?

its foolish to judge people who lived 200 years ago by today's standards of right and wrong. in the 1700s most of the world believed that slavery was acceptable. Today we believe otherwise.

In the 1400s most people believed that evil vapors caused pneumonia and that blood letting would cure it. Today we know better.

If you want to judge people in history you need to use the morals and ethics of the time that they lived.
I hold God to a higher standard
I expect him to know that holding another human as property is wrong

Regardless of the time period

I agree, we are not talking about what God thinks. We are talking about what the people of the time believed. But I guess that whole line of thought is beyond your simple mind.

laws change. there also used to be slavery.

your point? :cuckoo:

if you don't like the spiral of hate... then stop. no one is interested in your bigotry... no matter how much you pretend it's in the name of jesus.

Not only have we stopped being a nation that is a force for good. We have gone into being a force for evil. There is no other way to say it. We have normalized perversion, legalized the murder of infants and selling body parts. Criminalized Christianity. We support the most murderous and evil regimes in the world. Our leadership supports the destruction of Israel and genocide of Jews. We've become one of the worst nations that has ever existed.

equality is a force for good. bigotry is a force for evil.

but I guess it's easy to convince yourself of anything when you pretend G-d wants it.

Everyone who fought in the Revolutionary war knew we won because of God's helping hand.
You should read some of their letters and papers and the many miracles that happened.

that's one of the stupidest things I've ever read. G-d had nothing to do with our constitution. We live in a secular country and the founding fathers were terrified of religious wackos interfering in our government.

but just in case you want to rant about G-d and constitution some more, whose religion should govern. I say Judaism. sunni ijit would probably say islam.

Our Constitution was written by a slaveholder and defended the institution of slavery

its foolish to judge people who lived 200 years ago by today's standards of right and wrong. in the 1700s most of the world believed that slavery was acceptable. Today we believe otherwise.

In the 1400s most people believed that evil vapors caused pneumonia and that blood letting would cure it. Today we know better.

If you want to judge people in history you need to use the morals and ethics of the time that they lived.

I agree, we are not talking about what God thinks. We are talking about what the people of the time believed. But I guess that whole line of thought is beyond your simple mind.

Actually, we were talking about what God thinks

Try to keep up

Well it's obvious that you don't know the Bible.

which is why laws and constitutional interpretations change. inter-racial marriage used to be illegal. then Loving v Virginia found marriage to be a fundamental right to which all consenting adults were entitled if they chose. this court applied Loving to same sex couples.

it isn't that difficult to grasp. people can't use their professed religious beliefs as an excuse to divest people of their constitutionally protected rights.

Try to keep up

Wrong, the earlier posts were discussing the FACT that our constitution was based on Judeo/Christian principles and that founders recognized God as the giver of all good things.

Secondarliy we were talking about the morals and ethics of the time, and that they differ from the morals and ethics of today. Miley Cyrus and Beyonce would have probably been burned as witches in the 1700s. In the 1200s they would have been beheaded. Today they are "role models".

Try to keep up

Wrong, the earlier posts were discussing the FACT that our constitution was based on Judeo/Christian principles and that founders recognized God as the giver of all good things.

Secondarliy we were talking about the morals and ethics of the time, and that they differ from the morals and ethics of today. Miley Cyrus and Beyonce would have probably been burned as witches in the 1700s. In the 1200s they would have been beheaded. Today they are "role models".

Please try to keep up with the thread before you butt in

This particular discussion related to the statement that God was directly involved in our winning the Revolutionary War and the writing of the Constitution

which is why laws and constitutional interpretations change. inter-racial marriage used to be illegal. then Loving v Virginia found marriage to be a fundamental right to which all consenting adults were entitled if they chose. this court applied Loving to same sex couples.

it isn't that difficult to grasp. people can't use their professed religious beliefs as an excuse to divest people of their constitutionally protected rights.

Ok, fine. But Loving was about interracial marriage between one man and one woman of different races, not the same sex. Loving is not a valid legal precedent for gay marriage.

But gay marriage is now legal in the USA, Whats next? polygamy, parent/child, siblings, multiples?

The gay marriage ruling DOES set a valid legal precedent for all other forms of "marriage". So get ready for Bob and Carol and Ted and Alice.

Try to keep up

Please try to keep up with the thread before you butt in

This particular discussion related to the statement that God was directly involved in our winning the Revolutionary War and the writing of the Constitution

I didn't see anyone say that God wrote it or spoke to the authors. What was said was that the founders believed in God and invoked judeo/christian principles into our founding documents.

Ibd, I believe it was Misty who said that she was a Democrat. You could fact check it.

It says She has been a Christian for four years.
How long has she been married to this last husband?
She was forgiven of her sins four years ago.
Attention:

Pay no attention to my adulterous ways. My three previous marriages were the work of the devil and I have now embraced Jesus and realize that God hates Fags

You should read some of their letters and papers and the many miracles that happened

"Everyone who fought in the Revolutionary War knew we won because of Gods helping hand"

Try to keep up before you butt in Redfish

It says She has been a Christian for four years.
How long has she been married to this last husband?
She was forgiven of her sins four years ago.
Attention:

Pay no attention to my adulterous ways. My three previous marriages were the work of the devil and I have now embraced Jesus and realize that God hates Fags

You should read some of their letters and papers and the many miracles that happened

"Everyone who fought in the Revolutionary War knew we won because of Gods helping hand"

Try to keep up before you butt in Redfish

whoever said that was quoting what some of the people of those times said or believed. Maybe they were right maybe they were wrong. Only God knows.

Forum List

Back