Ken Paxton: Why Republicans are impeaching a Trump ally in Texas

I dont think any democrat-controlled legislature would vote to convict a democrat under the same circumstances

Paxton my be guilty

But only republicans still believe in the rule of law
Republicans go after law breakers in their party. Dems circle the wagons, claim the charges are fake, and protect some of the most disgusting people imaginable.

Apparently Paxton’s loyalty to the criminal businessman who had been before and was being investigated by the FBI for separate crimes (the guy had contributed and done favors for Paxton and helped his mistress) was so great and seemingly “obsessive” that his own hand-picked aides thought he was acting crazy. Some tried to warn him about it all but he would not listen.

Interestingly, in whistle blowing testimony it came out that a close Paxton staff member and Republican assistant attorney general reported he feared Paxton was insisting his aides use their Texas attorney general office positions to interfere to help this “friend” and businessman-contributor with his FBI problem (they refused to do so) because this guy … “had something” on Paxton. No idea yet if there is any truth to this part of the story.

Anyway, more next week …

Last edited:
Apparently Paxton’s loyalty to the criminal businessman who had and was being investigated by the FBI for separate crimes (the guy had contributed and done favors for Paxton and helped his mistress) was so great and seemingly “obsessive” that his own hand-picked aides thought he was acting crazy. Some tried to warn him about it all but he would not listen.

Interestingly, in whistle blowing testimony a close Paxton staff member and Republican assistant attorney general apparently said he feared Paxton was insisting his aides use their Texas attorney general office positions to interfere to help this “friend” and businessman-contributor (they refused to do so) and Paxton’s conduct made him fear this guy “had something” on Paxton. No idea yet if there is any truth to this part of the story.

Anyway, more next week …
You mean more media bullshit.

You mean more media bullshit.
Just reporting on the trial, the testimony, and public reports ….

Please let me know if you have evidence of any facts in the case, or — if you wish — provide your own links to reports in the Texas media covering the case.

It’s Texas after all — where Paxton had real power and many friends and even the present Governor was an ex-Attorney General who brought dozens of suits against the Obama administration. I’m pretty sure the next Texas Attorney General is not going to be a Democrat or “leftist” either!

You shouldn’t have any difficulty finding detailed Texas media reports defending Paxton and sympathetic to your views … right?

:cool:

Just reporting on the trial, the testimony, and public reports ….

Please let me know if you have evidence of any facts in the case, or — if you wish — provide your own links to reports in the Texas media covering the case.

It’s Texas after all — where Paxton has many friends and even the present Governor was an ex-Attorney General who brought dozens of suits against the Obama administration. I’m pretty sure the next Texas Attorney General is not going to be a Democrat or “leftist” either!

You shouldn’t have any difficulty finding detailed Texas media reports defending Paxton and sympathetic to your views … right?

:cool:
you vermin don't accept evidence. My god you are rock hard stupid! All the media does in spew crap mixed with truth, and idiots like you swallow it.

Here is a report on a shady businessman with close ties to Paxton, who was and is being investigated by the FBI and sued by other businessmen. Texas AG Ken Paxton’s aggressive legal defense of him led to a rebellion of his own staff, which in turn was a factor leading to his own impeachment and present trial in the Texas Senate.

Bush has nothing to do with it. Its another conspiracy theory from the right wing loons on the board.

What you see in this case is what you would see in other cases. To use a metaphor; it’s a wave of trumpism crashing on the shore of what the GOP used to be--the first commandment was to never speak ill of a fellow republican. The civility is now gone so this is the highest profile clash between the two ideologies. Usually blob supporting nit-wits are just ignored. See the move in SC to put women who have abortions on death row.

The Paxton case has gotten legs because unlike the moronic proposals from MAGA types that are in the abstract...Paxton is a world-class asshole whose sharp elbows have made him a lot of enemies. And they are pouncing.

Impeachment failed, Paxton acquitted on all charges considered by the Texas Senate.
Two Senators voted with the majority of Democrats on all charges, Robert Nichols of Jacksonville and Kelly Hancock of the DFW intercities area

ETA: The articles of impeachment held in abeyance have been dismissed on a 19 - 11 vote.

Last edited:
Ken Paxton: Why Republicans are impeaching a Trump ally in Texas

This BBC article gives a pretty clear view of the almost unprecedented battle within Texas among Republican state politicians themselves to impeach, convict and bar from office their powerful pro-Trump Republican Attorney General, Ken Paxton.

I would love to hear some informed opinions of our Texans here at USMB! This news is not new and we’ve had threads on it before, but Trump has now jumped into the fray with both feet, and there have been new developments that more informed commenters here may want to tell us about.

My own rather uninformed opinion is that it is generally almost always encouraging when a political party — any party — seeks to remove one of its own corrupt leaders.
Rinos are siding with Democrats.

Impeachment failed, Paxton acquitted on all charges considered by the Texas Senate.
Two Senators voted with the majority of Democrats on all charges, Robert Nichols of Jacksonville and Kelly Hancock of the DFW intercities area
Just realized that none of the witnesses were put under oath when they testified to the House. They were only under oath in the Senate. That was stupid. When they were forced to tell the truth, the case evaporated into hearsay.

Forum List

Back