Ken Paxton: Why Republicans are impeaching a Trump ally in Texas

Just realized that none of the witnesses were put under oath when they testified to the House. They were only under oath in the Senate. That was stupid. When they were forced to tell the truth, the case evaporated into hearsay.

Since the Senate trial was behind closed doors and at least from reports the testimony of witnesses was very much the same in both cases, I don’t see how or on what evidence you can make your conclusion.

The big difference between the great majority of Republicans voting for impeachment in the House and the even greater majority voting against conviction in the smaller State Senate may have more to do with the fact that leading up to the Senate vote there was plenty of time for Trump supporters to mobilize their base and make it clear to each of the 19 State Republican Senators involved what a great price they would pay if they voted to convict. At least that was the implication of the Houston Chronicle editorial cartoon I saw.

Last edited:
1694890871424.png

Paxton is a politician, elected to office through the normal process ergo a scumbag. The turds that went after him are even worse scumbags. He is, to the extent that it is possible in politics, the good guy in this absurdity.
His saving grace is his aggressive defense of Texas against the Bidet administration, for that alone he is a hero.

Last edited:
Since the Senate trial was behind closed doors and at least from reports the testimony of witnesses was very much the same in both cases, I don’t see how or on what evidence you can make your conclusion.

The big difference between the great majority of Republicans voting for impeachment in the House and the even greater majority voting against conviction in the smaller State Senate may have more to do with the fact that leading up to the Senate vote there was plenty of time for Trump supporters to mobilize their base and make it clear to each of the 19 State Republican Senators involved what a great price they would pay if they voted to convict. At least that was the implication of the Houston Chronicle editorial cartoon I saw.
Uh, it was live streamed. It was also on twitter. My comments were based on the live stream from the Senate floor vote today and the LT Governors comments.

Ken Paxton: Why Republicans are impeaching a Trump ally in Texas

This BBC article gives a pretty clear view of the almost unprecedented battle within Texas among Republican state politicians themselves to impeach, convict and bar from office their powerful pro-Trump Republican Attorney General, Ken Paxton.

I would love to hear some informed opinions of our Texans here at USMB! This news is not new and we’ve had threads on it before, but Trump has now jumped into the fray with both feet, and there have been new developments that more informed commenters here may want to tell us about.

My own rather uninformed opinion is that it is generally almost always encouraging when a political party — any party — seeks to remove one of its own corrupt leaders.
Then why is Biden still in office?

Uh, it was live streamed. It was also on twitter. My comments were based on the live stream from the Senate floor vote today and the LT Governors comments.

Yes, I’m sorry. You are correct. I think what I was thinking about was the Senators’ discussions before rendering their verdict, which I believe was closed (please correct me if I am wrong on this too).

Last edited:
Bush has nothing to do with it

Anyone surprised at a left wing Mossad defending W....???

There was precisely nothing "conservative" about W. W was a big spending, big government lying sack of shit treasonous warmongering mass murderer, the worst traitor in American History. America may never recover from the complete disaster that was his Presidency.

Anyone surprised at a left wing Mossad defending W....???

There was precisely nothing "conservative" about W. W was a big spending, big government lying sack of shit treasonous warmongering mass murderer, the worst traitor in American History. America may never recover from the complete disaster that was his Presidency.
That ends up being true of almost all “conservatives” and Republicans

That ends up being true of almost all “conservatives” and Republicans

Certainly since 1998 when Zionist Fascism replaced fiscal conservatism and patriotism to America as the lead issue for the GOP...

It never matters to the sick anti-Semitic lunatic EMH what the issue is, where it occurs, who is fighting with who, or for what reasons. My modest OP on the impeachment and trial of Ken Paxton has evoked lots of different responses to this power struggle in Texas … but only EMH would see “Zionist fascism” and the “left wing Mossad” as an issue worthy of commenting on!

Forum List

Back