Keeping Up With the Times and the Democratic Party

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
One has to wonder what would be the reaction of the left wingers, like Jake, if this would have been passed by Bush by ONE vote. What we see is the left wing bring up the subject of abortion as if there is some new movement to ban the the practice. Or they are trying to scare everyone about terror attacks that never seem to materialize, thank goodness. Then there are the victory laps over the GM ruling. And BS about how the SCOTUS saved SCOTUSCARE by usurping congressional power. Yep they are running smoke screens for Obama.

As I always said, these types of trade agreement would never see the light of day without a Democrat president. Of course this bill is like SCOTUSCARE, it never has seen the light of day, hidden in secrecy. Will the left turn on Obama even though he did exactly what they SAY they didn't want? No way.

Keeping Up With the Times and the Democratic Party Rep. Rosa DeLauro

Here's the real message behind the congressional votes on fast-track authority and trade-adjustment assistance: Democrats will no longer support major trade agreements that cost American jobs and create further downward pressure on wages, especially as inequality continues to accelerate.

President Obama won the final vote but not the heart of the majority of Democrats who opposed the Trans-Pacific Partnership that the president can now negotiate on a "fast track."

Consider that this new fast-track trade authority was opposed by every member of the House Democratic leadership and an overwhelming 85 percent of House Democrats; all but two of the Senate leadership and 70 percent of the Democratic senators; and every Democratic candidate for president, including the most likely nominee, Hillary Clinton. The president prevailed by one vote, literally without a single vote to spare.

upload_2015-7-6_8-37-8.png

I find it quite interesting that there was a spike in the year of the "great recession." Which indicates to me that the recovery was indeed stalled by Obama's spending. If these figures are correct then the trade balance went down a astronomical 30,000 in ONE year. Does GWB get any credit?
Graph Trade Balance Goods and Services Balance of Payments Basis - FRED - St. Louis Fed

Forum List

Back