Keep going or stop when hooligans attack your car

Keep going or stop?

• Total voters
You're ignoring some very important facts here:

1.) How often people are assaulted by these mobs is irrelevant. The point is that one never knows if a mob will get out of hand and become violent. Because-

2.) Mobs are mindless emotion- and adrenaline-fueled, unpredictable animals that don't think. They only act on their emotions.

3.) We're not just talking about Antifa and BLM mobs. In 2013 there was the incident in NYC where a gang of crotch rocket bikers surrounded an SUV, pulled the driver from his vehicle and kicked and punched him in front of his family.

Speaking for myself, if I find myself in a similar situation, I will not wait for the mob to surround my vehicle, I'm getting the fuck out of there.
Why y’all so obsessed with these violent & outlandish fantasies?

In the incredibly unlikely event you ever experience a crowd in real life, you’d best not let your vehicular operation be driven by these paranoid fantasies, becuse tragedy will ensue, including for you.

You're being an asshole

Just sayin
Pointing out that y’all are obsessed with violent fantasies that seem to occupy your every waking triggered moment seems to trigger y’all even more.

I don’t mean to kink shame if that’s what this is about of course.

:)

Was your car messed up? How much did you have to pay to get it back?

See, this is where things are messed up.
It was a big mess. The kid that stole it picked a terrible time. 2pm Sunday afternoon in the Beach Cities. The police didn't have a damn thing to do. And, He stole a fire engine red SUV. Stupid move. Every cop in Redono, Hermosa and Manhattan Beach was after him. I was spitting nails. I asked the police to not take the car to impound. The dears. They had a forensic team come down. They all knew me. I was a South Bay attorney for more than 30 years. I got my car back right away.

What was remarkable was the press, the judge and the prosecution who screamed that my racism is ruining the life of this Hispanic child who had never been in trouble before. It was his 18th birthday. His Juvie record started at 13 with an armed robbery.

My experience as a victim changed my life. I got to see the backroom deals, the pressure to keep this guy out of prison the hammering I got to drop the gun charge. Then someone tipped the carjacker my home address. I got a gun. Then another gun. Then a dog. When they came, and they did, I told these cholos "the door is open. Come in and it's your last act on earth.

After screaming fits in the courthouse hallway and going through half a dozen prosecutors I found one willing to put him away.

His defense was he was stealing cars in California to sell in Mexico so he could get money to start a family business. I had insurance so it wasn't like taking something. Same defense as stealing from stores.

Was this the end? No. Danny started calling me from prison. I complained to the warden. Nothing. I finally had to get a Writ of Mandamus to force the warden to revoke phone privileges.

The whole thing disgusted me.

Why y’all so obsessed with these violent & outlandish fantasies?

Mob assaults have actually occurred before, yes?
In the incredibly unlikely event you ever experience a crowd in real life, you’d best not let your vehicular operation be driven by these paranoid fantasies, becuse tragedy will ensue, including for you.
The fantasy is believing it can't or won't happen to you. I'm not gambling with my life or the lives of those I care about based on an unknown, the unknown being whether or not the mob will turn violent. If they start beating on my vehicle or direct their invective towards me, I'm punching the gas.

Mob assaults have actually occurred before, yes?
People sometimes bite dogs, and win the lottery as well.

None of these are common occurrences.
The fantasy is believing it can't or won't happen to you.
See above.

Why are conservatives making themselves miserable with these insane fantasies?
I'm not gambling with my life or the lives of those I care about based on an unknown,
Do you base your budget on weekly lottery wins as well?
the unknown being whether or not the mob will turn violent.
That mob in your brain is doing all kinds of terrible things I’m sure.

I guess we can call this Mob Derangement Syndrome. :)
If they start beating on my vehicle or direct their invective towards me, I'm punching the gas.
MDS

It was a big mess. The kid that stole it picked a terrible time. 2pm Sunday afternoon in the Beach Cities. The police didn't have a damn thing to do. And, He stole a fire engine red SUV. Stupid move. Every cop in Redono, Hermosa and Manhattan Beach was after him. I was spitting nails. I asked the police to not take the car to impound. The dears. They had a forensic team come down. They all knew me. I was a South Bay attorney for more than 30 years. I got my car back right away.

What was remarkable was the press, the judge and the prosecution who screamed that my racism is ruining the life of this Hispanic child who had never been in trouble before. It was his 18th birthday. His Juvie record started at 13 with an armed robbery.

My experience as a victim changed my life. I got to see the backroom deals, the pressure to keep this guy out of prison the hammering I got to drop the gun charge. Then someone tipped the carjacker my home address. I got a gun. Then another gun. Then a dog. When they came, and they did, I told these cholos "the door is open. Come in and it's your last act on earth.

After screaming fits in the courthouse hallway and going through half a dozen prosecutors I found one willing to put him away.

His defense was he was stealing cars in California to sell in Mexico so he could get money to start a family business. I had insurance so it wasn't like taking something. Same defense as stealing from stores.

Was this the end? No. Danny started calling me from prison. I complained to the warden. Nothing. I finally had to get a Writ of Mandamus to force the warden to revoke phone privileges.

The whole thing disgusted me.
This is very interesting.

It brings many questions to mind, but the biggest I have is whether you’d handle things differently now?

Car theft is rampant in L.A. as I’m sure you know; were you not previously aware how reluctant the system is to take property crimes like this seriously?

This is very interesting.

It brings many questions to mind, but the biggest I have is whether you’d handle things differently now?

Car theft is rampant in L.A. as I’m sure you know; were you not previously aware how reluctant the system is to take property crimes like this seriously?
This was quite a few years ago. It was at the very beginning of the legalization of crime. We still had the use a gun go to jail law. That was the basis of the fight. Using a gun in the commission of a crime tacked on a ten year enhancement. The court wanted to drop that charge and leave it as a simple car theft, 3 years, serve a year and a half and done. I not only refused but threatened to go to the media. In the end I won. Now, not a chance. The criminal was an 18 year old illegal alien, or DACA beneficiary. Opposing his right to my property simply is no longer permitted.

The whole thing so enraged me that I sputtered to my dog groomer what the system was becoming. She made the offer, close your practice, go back to school and come here to train as a dog groomer. That's what I did. Now you (and everyone's else) knows the whole sordid story.

People sometimes bite dogs, and win the lottery as well.

That doesn't answer the question. Mob assaults have happened before, yes?
None of these are common occurrences.

Irrelevant. How often mob assaults occur is not in question. The question is: If you find yourself in your vehicle surrounded by an angry mob, what do you do?

Mob assaults are not common occurrences only because mobs are not common occurrences. But when there is a mob - especially an angry one - assaults are more likely.

Put another way, people being struck by lightening is not a common occurrence but when there's a storm, people take cover anyway, right?

Your position seems to revolve around the frequency of mobs and that people are saying they happen all the time. But you're arguing against a position that no one here has taken. In other words, you built a strawman.
See above.

Why are conservatives making themselves miserable with these insane fantasies?

Again, mob assaults have occurred before, have they not?
Do you base your budget on weekly lottery wins as well?

Irrelevant.
That mob in your brain is doing all kinds of terrible things I’m sure.

I guess we can call this Mob Derangement Syndrome. :)

MDS

Call it whatever you like but if I'm surrounded by a mob and I feel threatened, I'm punching it.

This was quite a few years ago. It was at the very beginning of the legalization of crime. We still had the use a gun go to jail law. That was the basis of the fight. Using a gun in the commission of a crime tacked on a ten year enhancement. The court wanted to drop that charge and leave it as a simple car theft, 3 years, serve a year and a half and done. I not only refused but threatened to go to the media. In the end I won. Now, not a chance. The criminal was an 18 year old illegal alien, or DACA beneficiary. Opposing his right to my property simply is no longer permitted.

The whole thing so enraged me that I sputtered to my dog groomer what the system was becoming. She made the offer, close your practice, go back to school and come here to train as a dog groomer. That's what I did. Now you (and everyone's else) knows the whole sordid story.
I knew the 13 couldn’t have been for car theft; I thought maybe witness intimidation?

But DACA...

Do you think this was just an overwhelmed system trying to streamline rather than doing the much greater work, or an attempt to keep DACA from being muddied?

Both?

I knew the 13 couldn’t have been for car theft; I thought maybe witness intimidation?

But DACA...

Do you think this was just an overwhelmed system trying to streamline rather than doing the much greater work, or an attempt to keep DACA from being muddied?

Both?
Then.., I think the system was imagining it was being sympathetic.

That doesn't answer the question. Mob assaults have happened before, yes?
Answered.
Irrelevant.
Super relevant.
How often mob assaults occur is not in question.
It should be, as these rare coccurrences seem to be a conservative obsession.

Why?

Why choose being triggered over a rare occurrence?
The question is: If you find yourself in your vehicle surrounded by an angry mob, what do you do?
Ask myself why this is a conservative obsession.
Mob assaults are not common occurrences only because mobs are not common occurrences. But when there is a mob - especially an angry one - assaults are more likely.
See above.
Put another way, people being struck by lightening is not a common occurrence but when there's a storm, people take cover anyway, right?
Not because of lightning.
Your position seems to revolve around the frequency of mobs and that people are saying they happen all the time.
Straw man; I didn’t say this.

I said conservatives were obsessed over a rare occurrence.
But you're arguing against a position that no one here has taken.
Straw man.
In other words, you built a strawman.
Hilarious; see above.

You’ve built the straw man argument, not me.
Again, mob assaults have occurred before, have they not?
People bite dogs and win lotteries.

Why obsess over these rare occurrences?
Irrelevant.
Highly relevant.

You’re engaging in irrational, triggered, fear-driven behavior.

Why?
Call it whatever you like but if I'm surrounded by a mob and I feel threatened, I'm punching it.
Why fill your mind with these deranged fantasies?

I’m going with MDS.

Then.., I think the system was imagining it was being sympathetic.
It’s incredible that the fact that he pulled a gun AND had an extensive FIVE year criminal record was deemed inconsequential. In fact, it’s insane. The law is indeed an ass. :(

We see news all the time of groups, some REALLY large, attacking drivers as they are traveling down the road. So the question is....what do you do?

Run them down, and back up if you see them still moving. They can't arrest your family if you're driving, and these vermin are known murderers and thugs. Worry about it after you cripple a dozen or so of them.

Forum List

Back