Keep Finland and Sweden Out of Nato.

The main point being made by this article is finally making it clear that Nato is only a tool of US aggression.

quotes:

There's obviously no longer any attempt to say that Nato protects all the member countries.
Anti NATO now, duck? Let me remind you, Canada is a dead beat NATO member who is behind on spending its required 2% of GDP on defense. You are showing your pro-Russia communist side again when you oppose Sweden and Finland's desires for mutual security from a proven imperialist state of Russia. Maybe you clean your own backyard before pointing fingers at your neighbors. NATO Contribution Program - Canada.ca

NATO who moved the borders
NATO is a treaty organization and as such has no borders. The countries who join NATO are concerned with their mutual defense against the imperialistic aggressive moves of their large neighbor to the east.. The nations that border Russia are rightfully concerned about their freedom and security. Those former soviet republics remember what it was like under Russian rule and they choose not to return to those days.

True, but America's most critical member isn't completely on board and three other very important members are beginning to understand their future pains are going to be suffered for the sake of America's defeat of Russia.

You're suggesting what? That America won't defend Canada against some enemy?

Are you trying to suggest that Trudeau isn't appeasing US demands on Canada enough?

Trump went after insulting Canada as soon as he took office and started a fight with the Canadian dairy industry.

The nations that border Russia are rightfully concerned about their freedom and security. Those former soviet republics remember what it was like under Russian rule and they choose not to return to those days.
Enlighten us, tell us about the Russian rule and its horrors. Every time another American talks about the USSR or Russia, I do not know whether to cry or laugh at their idiocy... And I'm not the only one.
Remember this and tell others - when are you talking about Russia/USSR you sound and look like idiots to russians and soviets. I'm not exaggerating.

Enlighten us, tell us about the Russian rule and its horrors. Every time another American talks about the USSR or Russia, I do not know whether to cry or laugh at their idiocy... And I'm not the only one.
Remember this and tell others - when are you talking about Russia/USSR you sound and look like idiots to russians and soviets. I'm not exaggerating.
Look in the mirror. The map of the eastern bloc tells the whole story. Of all of the eastern bloc nations that were former USSR republics, only Ukraine and Belarus remain outside of NATO--that in itself is pretty damning. NATO didn't threaten these nations--Russia did. The former soviet republics wanted their independence and security and chose the NATO option to defend against further Russian aggression. In support of my assertion, I give you Crimea and the rest of Ukraine. Maybe you should take your blinders off.

Man, I live in Ukraine. My city was under the siege for a month. I rely not only on news outlets to gather information.
It always looks suspicious when a poster tries to gain credibility by revealing unverifiable personal information.

It always looks suspicious when a poster tries to gain credibility by revealing unverifiable personal information.
First of all, I don't try to gain any credibility. Take my posts with a grain of salt. I didn't believe in invasion to the last day and thought it would last for a matter of some weeks.

And I could prove my words about my whereabouts quite easily, but what for? I don't see any reason to do so.

Sweden pledges to reach NATO's 2% of GDP spending by 2028.
Until 2028 lots of water will run down the Missisipi and who knows if next Swedish government will commit to that goal.

Freeloaders

Actually, the Russian Generals think that they can (under some circumstances) successfully attack US Nuclear Forces to decrease them down to the "acceptable damage level". What is even more important, they believe that with fifty of their new RS-28 Sarmat (Satan II) , with ten RE's each with all-direction attack capability they will be ready to wipe out the whole 500-point US Nuclear Force set of targets, almost without preparations, at any given moment.
They will be in for quite a surprise when they see the US answering with a massive counterforce strike of our own.

And then, after more or less successful counter-force strike, they will be able to blackmail the USA with possibility of their next counter-value strike.
The blackmail will fail. Any US (or other NATO) city that is destroyed will result in the US destroying a Russian city in response.

NATO expansion vs Russia's expansion? 75% of the world population don't see the difference.
They see a quite clear difference. Russia aggressively invades other countries. NATO prevents Russia from aggressively invading other countries.

From the Western point of view only. From the Russian point of view Russia is expanding to defend Russian people from NATO and their proxies.
Russia is not defending anyone. The only threat to ethnic Russians in Ukraine is the Russian invasion itself.

Really? Right now Russia already got the land way to Crimea,
But can they keep it long term?

they are successfully crushing most effective and motivated Ukrainian forces,
Not really.

and they coerced most of European gas and oil buyers to pay for it.
Actually they convinced Europe to stop buying Russian fuel as quickly as possible.

Putin start the war!?
Yes.

Were they not bloody freaks from NATO who moved the borders of their aggressive, hostile to Russia bloc to the borders of Russia?
The only thing that NATO does is prevent Russia from attacking NATO. That is neither aggressive to Russia nor hostile to Russia.

Who staged a fascist coup in Ukraine and for 8 years supplied Ukrainian fascists with weapons and trained them in the war with Russia?
The only fascists in Ukraine are the Russian invaders.

The fact that a fascist armed coup took place in Ukraine in 2014 and the enemies of Russia came to power, in your opinion, do not cancel any agreements?

The 2014 coup was in favor of democracy and freedom.

And the fact that the fascist state of Ukraine has entered into its Constitution as a goal of joining NATO, an enemy of Russia, does not, in your opinion, turn the previous agreement into a toilet paper?

NATO only prevents Russia from invading NATO. Does "not wanting Russia to invade you" make you Russia's enemy?

And no. "Trying to prevent Russia from invading" does not justify Russia invading.

The United States violated international agreements for much more minor reasons.
Such as??

How long have you been on our planet? You probably didn't know about how the Ukrainian fascists shelled the cities of the republics of Donbass for almost 8 years?
The only fascists in Ukraine are the Russian invaders. The shelling that you mention is self defense against that Russian invasion.

And at the same time, they have been claiming all these years that they have a war with Russia. And now Russia has finally come to this war.
Russia has been invading Ukraine since 2014.

And you probably don't know that Russia recognized these two republics of Donbass in February of this year. At the request of these republics, she came to their defense in the war with the Ukrainian fascists.
So everything is in order in Russia with legal justifications.

The main point being made by this article is finally making it clear that Nato is only a tool of US aggression.

quotes:

There's obviously no longer any attempt to say that Nato protects all the member countries.
Imo sweden and finland are probably better off Out of Nato, but that's just because I doubt Putin or Russia has any design on their territory, beyond a few islands or access to oil. And Russia has shown that militarily they are capable of shelling a small area to the point where there's nothing left but rubble

But you're blind if you don't see that Nato has kept Russia from overrunning Ukraine, preserved Poland's independece, checked Putin's designs on the baltics, the former Prussia and Moldova.

The problem with the man's logic is that the US is not, and hasn't for over 100 years, posed any military threat (beyond Trump's musing on Mexico) to Canada and Mexico, and while our human rights record is abysmal, the reality is we've only militarily intervened since WWII in this hemisphere when communism was involved. So, he's attempting a false equivalency. Obviously people in Russia, and like yourself, accept that logical fallacy

But you're blind if you don't see that Nato has kept Russia from overrunning Ukraine,
First, the question on whether Russia ever intended of taking the Ukraine! Nobody should forget that Russia could wipe Kiev off the map overnight if Russia is motivated by the US to do so.
preserved Poland's independece, checked Putin's designs on the baltics, the former Prussia and Moldova.
You obviously don't know what you're talking about on the Baltics.
And you're probably not even aware of where the Baltics are even located. But at least you're going to learn now and come back with your 'ain't so, ain't so.
Go play.

The problem with the man's logic is that the US is not, and hasn't for over 100 years, posed any military threat (beyond Trump's musing on Mexico) to Canada and Mexico,...So, he's attempting a false equivalency.
It is perfect equivalency. The United States not only threatens, but also sends troops to the other side of the Earth if they want to. Only a strange person can think that the United States will not do this with respect to Mexico and Canada if the United States so wants.

Forum List

Back