Just sayin... there is not enough mods here.

405668.JPG

What we need are mods who do not moderate based upon their political views and who do not show favoritism to various individuals based upon ethnicity while targeting others for the same reason.

We need more conservative mods, but they're all too busy working, going to church and taking care of their families.

We also need to bar mods from acting as posters, period.

Not that. But senior mods should be of a higher class of posters that do not, ever, engage in name calling etc. Ever.
Regular mods should generally be made up of less aggressive posters, and of course on both political sides.
I have had senior mods tell me that postings of mine that were modded were NOT violations, yet the regular mod who targets me is never overridden by anybody while overriding other mods. In fact, I have been given week long vacations over these postings that a senior mods said were not violations.

It is all a shell game, here.

I have had senior mods tell me that postings of mine that were modded were NOT violations, yet the regular mod who targets me is never overridden by anybody while overriding other mods. In fact, I have been given week long vacations over these postings that a senior mods said were not violations.

It is all a shell game, here.
Which is why I said I would start by recruiting Admins first to mod the mods.
Elections are coming... this place will be a shit show an a half in another 6 months.
I really don't want to see 400 threads all on the same subject, 400 more threads that are in Politics that shouldn't be, and trolls constantly trashing threads before they even get started.
4 or 5 mods won't even begin to be able to keep up.

Which is why I said I would start by recruiting Admins first to mod the mods.
Elections are coming... this place will be a shit show an a half in another 6 months.
I really don't want to see 400 threads all on the same subject, 400 more threads that are in Politics that shouldn't be, and trolls constantly trashing threads before they even get started.
4 or 5 mods won't even begin to be able to keep up.
volunteer to be a mod

First of all - YES I KNOW MODS have lives. This is not, in any way, a complaint whatsoever about current mods and their presence.
But you are complaining ... :stir:

We do what we can with the group we have. Each time we add more mods (usually 3 - 4 at a time), we may have one stick with it. We've had a few leave the forum and not come back after seeing what we deal with. Being a mod "ruins" the fun of being a regular member. Nothing we do is "good enough" for most. We get PMs from quite a few that tell us to go die somewhere, fall off a cliff, etc. We deal with people daily that think anything negative said about one party or another is the end of the world and those threads/replies need to be removed. When we move threads to proper areas, we get yelled at. When we merge duplicate threads, same thing. When we warn someone for clearly violating a rule, we get blamed for not seeing it "their" way. I could keep going ...

With that said, who on this forum, that you know of, would want to VOLUNTEER to be a mod?

We do what we can with the group we have. Each time we add more mods (usually 3 - 4 at a time), we may have one stick with it. We've had a few leave the forum and not come back after seeing what we deal with. Being a mod "ruins" the fun of being a regular member. Nothing we do is "good enough" for most. We get PMs from quite a few that tell us to go die somewhere, fall off a cliff, etc. We deal with people daily that think anything negative said about one party or another is the end of the world and those threads/replies need to be removed. When we move threads to proper areas, we get yelled at. When we merge duplicate threads, same thing. When we warn someone for clearly violating a rule, we get blamed for not seeing it "their" way. I could keep going ...

With that said, who on this forum, that you know of, would want to VOLUNTEER to be a mod?

I know all about it.
I was a mod, then a supermod (called senior mod here), then administrator of a forum the same size as this for 8 years.
There is nothing you could tell me I haven't already dealt with.
If the leadership is solid, mods tend to stay mods. If it isn't - the revolving door is in high gear.
I would admit it was probably easier to admin the other site since the rules there were clearer.
When I came here with a group of other folks from the old forum (it was sold and the new owner was, let's say... untenable) - anyway.. they described it perfectly "it's a bit like the wild west over here" And it is, some prefer it that way, some not.

Reining in the obvious corruption of your fellow mods would eliminate many of these complaints.

I have spent an entire week unable to posts because of postings I made that YOU told me broke no rules.

There is a reason why the lock-step Stalinists praise moderation and why the moderates, independents and conservatives are unhappy with it.

You all know that reason but don't care.

Forum List

Back