Just Saw a Bloomberg Ad Touting Obamacare

47% of Americans, your base, pay NO TAXES. We aren't paying for your health care too.
I'd wager that 99.999% of Americans pay taxes. By some measures, the poorer you are the more taxes you pay.

You must be including sales taxes in that number, unless you really are that stupid.

Sales taxes, excise taxes, property taxes and other assorted government "fees" and then there's the BIG one that hits the poor (especially the working poor) the hardest:

INFLATION which imposes a hidden tax on all of us but due to distribution effects hits the poor the worst.

So the bottom line, as much as politicians like to talk about "helping" the poor, they're the ones screwing over the poor.

I get it, none of us enjoy paying taxes and none of us want to pay taxes so politicians can divert them into their "special" projects. Nevertheless, taxes are a part of doing business. If you earn more they take more, but don't take more to help pay for others.
"don't take more to help pay for others"

Sorry but that is what every civilized society does. I've never been to Montana but my taxes have built interstate roads there 'for others'. Of course the reverse is also true.
I don't think roads are a good example of what Thinker101 is referring to since they constitute capital which can be empirically shown to benefit the nation as a whole (they expand our Production Possibilities Frontier (PPF) and thus contribute to economic growth).

I believe the inference was income redistribution via subsidies designed to aid the poor and the tax effects of that, EXCEPT that we (The United States) don't do that, only approximately 13 cents of every subsidy dollar that the public spends goes to people that are actually poor, the rest goes to subsidizing people that are NOT POOR, in other words vote buying. It's not civilized to forcibly take the fruits of one group of peoples labor simply to give it to another group because the recipient group has more political pull than the group that's being looted; Do you think it's civilized that you're paying to subsidize major corporations like Exxon, Monsanto and ADM, or any of the plethora of other special interest groups that feed at the government trough? yeah me neither.

Note: I'm talking about subsidies not programs classified as entitlements where citizens pay in to receive benefits at a later time (i.e.Social Security, Medicare, Pensions, etc..,) .

I don’t have a link, it was live TV. But that’s his platform to get votes.

Can the Left get any more tone deaf?
He’s also flooding YouTube with ads. So fucking annoying.

DE969A1F-20E5-4486-AF14-CF8F21340D0E.jpeg

I haven’t. Heard anyone suggesting it.
We'll get busy.
These fixes are?
Yours to fix, because it doesn't affect me.

94f7dd8726a8f1ce311676aa93e54827.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hardly. but that is our overall culture. if you ONLY see it in him or 1 side, you're not seeing the entire picture.

Please refer to post #101.

Republicans have no plan....

It’s interesting, although you thought you were being clever and funny, in a way you are completely unaware of, you actually outlined how many of us conservatives feel about healthcare. That being- less government in the system is better.

Until you or a close family member suffers from a very serous (and expensive) event.

It’s interesting, although you thought you were being clever and funny, in a way you are completely unaware of, you actually outlined how many of us conservatives feel about healthcare. That being- less government in the system is better.

Interesting.
So my mother suffered a brain aneurysm a few years back.
Her only wish was to live out the remainder of her life at her home.
Unfortunately I couldn’t afford the $30,000 a month it would take for that to happen.
She ended up dying in the nursing home instead.
If we had universal health care her dying wish would have been granted.
The health care system is broken.
What is trump doing about it?
Nothing.

Interesting.
Unfortunately I couldn’t afford the $30,000 a month it would take for that to happen.
Nothing.

I am sorry for your loss, truly.

A few years back is when we were primarily in the midst of BOCare, so why didn’t you ask what he was doing about it?

Any reforms to government healthcare will definitely not be designed to spend large amount of money and healthcare resources on end of life care. It is simply too expensive with little benefit to the masses. The only way you could have let your mother live her life out as you wished is to pay for it yourself. Government run healthcare will never pay for that.

Interesting.
Nothing.

I am sorry for your loss, truly.

A few years back is when we were primarily in the midst of BOCare, so why didn’t you ask what he was doing about it?

I did. Several times. I tried everything I could think of to get her back home.

The system is broken.

It needs to be fixed so more folks don’t have to go through what I went through.

Forum List

Back