Just made $72,000 on the upswing of the stock market. Plan to increase my holdings past $20 million by end of this year..

how do you buy them do you need a broker or middle man ?

Open a Fidelity (or equivalent) account.

Trades are like 5 bucks.
Charles Schwab or Ameritrade, trades are 0 bucks for on line trading. Just remember though if you do day trading, that is earned income, so you will be taxed at the full rate. If you buy long term dividend paying stocks then once they qualify, your tax rate goes down on those earned dividends.

Long-Term Capital Gain and Dividend Tax Brackets Under Prior Law

Ordinary Income Tax RateLong-Term Capital Gains and Qualified Di ...
10% or 15%0%
25%, 28%, 33%, or 35%15%
39.6%20%
Apr 23 2020
Long-Term Gains and Dividends Tax - Brady Ware CPAs

www.bradyware.com/long-term-gains-and-dividends-tax/

congrats iv'e contemplated investing in the market but i feel i dont enough about it to take the risk.
/——/ Smart decision. Join a local investors club and start reading books on the market. Clubs are free to join and the library has a ton of books. You can open a free Yahoo finance portfolio and paper trade so you can’t lose any money. Start with Rule 1
Robot Check

congrats iv'e contemplated investing in the market but i feel i dont enough about it to take the risk.
/——/ Smart decision. Join a local investors club and start reading books on the market. Clubs are free to join and the library has a ton of books. You can open a free Yahoo finance portfolio and paper trade so you can’t lose any money. Start with Rule 1
Robot Check
Schwab might even supply an adviser

Robot Check
/——/ You need to do your homework first before listening to an advisor. Otherwise how can you judge the advice he/she gives?

Robot Check
/——/ You need to do your homework first before listening to an advisor. Otherwise how can you judge the advice he/she gives?
No one said to blindly follow an adviser He can give advice ,,you either take it or not It's just a service Schwab provides

Its time the stock market was taxed.
If a tax of just 0.01% was levied on all profitable transactions it would raise enough to wipe out every government deficit in the world!
/——/ Yeah no need for Gubmint’s to live within their means, and when they squander that money they can just raise the tax to 0.02% What a great solution.

Ameritrade is $7.95 a trade.

Not trying to bust your balls Harry, but you say you want 20mil by the end of the year, so I imagine your close, maybe 15, 16, 17 million currently? And you made $72,000 on the "upswing" of the market? That's horrible, just horrible. If you had "only" 3 million in a trading account, you should be able to pull $72,000 in a couple of days just with a basic index fund. Something doesn't sound right......

Ameritrade is $7.95 a trade.

Not trying to bust your balls Harry, but you say you want 20mil by the end of the year, so I imagine your close, maybe 15, 16, 17 million currently? And you made $72,000 on the "upswing" of the market? That's horrible, just horrible. If you had "only" 3 million in a trading account, you should be able to pull $72,000 in a couple of days just with a basic index fund. Something doesn't sound right......
it doesnt sound right because.....i never said that....

Robot Check
Peter Schiff will provide an advisor

I bought into my stocks when the market pretty much bottomed out. When it was announced that it would be business as usual, that was when i dumped loose cash i had in reserve for such events like what happened in 1999, 2007 and now. Each time my portfolio goes down, but instead of panicking, i just look for the low points, buy in, increasing my shares and when it rebounds, the profits are so much more. Unfortunately there are those who never took the time or even wants to make the effort to enrich themselves and other investors have, but just sit in their parents basement, pounding on their keyboards, and throwing out insults that anyone can be a keyboard millionaire. I could care less about those pitiful, petulant, little girls, for income inequality isnt racial, it is about intelligence. If you aren't smart, you are going to stay poor, if you do hard work and invest, you also can be rich, like Morgan Freeman.

your rich send me 10000 dollars ) LOL

I bought into my stocks when the market pretty much bottomed out. When it was announced that it would be business as usual, that was when i dumped loose cash i had in reserve for such events like what happened in 1999, 2007 and now. Each time my portfolio goes down, but instead of panicking, i just look for the low points, buy in, increasing my shares and when it rebounds, the profits are so much more. Unfortunately there are those who never took the time or even wants to make the effort to enrich themselves and other investors have, but just sit in their parents basement, pounding on their keyboards, and throwing out insults that anyone can be a keyboard millionaire. I could care less about those pitiful, petulant, little girls, for income inequality isnt racial, it is about intelligence. If you aren't smart, you are going to stay poor, if you do hard work and invest, you also can be rich, like Morgan Freeman.

your rich send me 10000 dollars ) LOL

Just start investing 100 bucks every month in dividend stocks paying from 6% to 12% and after 10 years you could have over $250,000 and around $15,000 a year of income that is taxed at a lower rate because of the long term dividend income tax.

If a tax of just 0.01% was levied on all profitable transactions it would raise enough to wipe out every government deficit in the world!
/——/ Yeah no need for Gubmint’s to live within their means, and when they squander that money they can just raise the tax to 0.02% What a great solution.
I have two Betfair accounts and I'm required to pay 5% commission on all winning wagers. How many trillions are both the US & UK Governments in debt? And with all the extra spending on Corona when if ever are they going to work their way back into the black?

You yanks amuse me. Most haven't a pot to piss in yet you always seem to champion the cause of the stinking rich. A 0.1% Tax on profitable transactions would be neither here nor there to those who can afford to gamble vast sums of money - its the perfect solution.
You get the dumbest post of the thread award every time.
Yea so dumb you have no answer for it no doubt.
It just so happens that it was put forward as the solution after the 2008 banking crisis by several European governments. I'll give you one guess which gov. refused to even consider it... Yes your own US Gov. The very country that had caused the world banking crisis.

New Topics

Forum List

Back