What would you say?

• Yes

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Only when I watch the news

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters
Im in the military and I work in the computer field I went into a unit to set up a computer network with a white friend who was same age and a rank under me the old white guy looked at the white guy i was and said the computers are over here i said im here to set up the network he looked at me and said you work on computers shook his head and left. Yes race plays a part i everyones life because as long as there are people who think we should be seperated and they come in contat with the average american race automatically comes into effect wether you want it to or not

Im in the military and I work in the computer field I went into a unit to set up a computer network with a white friend who was same age and a rank under me the old white guy looked at the white guy i was and said the computers are over here i said im here to set up the network he looked at me and said you work on computers shook his head and left. Yes race plays a part i everyones life because as long as there are people who think we should be seperated and they come in contat with the average american race automatically comes into effect wether you want it to or not

Interesting. If I saw anyone acting like that in MY unit, their ass would spend the rest of their just went down the shitter enlistment on mess duty. We were a team and we relied on each other to stay alive and nobody gave a rat's ass what colors made up the team. We were ALL green.

Guess y'all can afford luxuries in the support field that don't do anything but get grunts killed.

A single swallow does not a summer make, true.

And that Blacks (of every class) get screwed in various overt and covert ways that Whites (of similar classes) don't, also true.

But I promise you that your life shares more in common with my life than your life does with Bill Cosby or mine with Bill Gates.

Class truly trumps everything in this society.

And it does it so effectively that most of us don't even notice.

That's in no way denying that race looms large as well.

Class discrimination is REAL. Racism is artificial, kept alive by those who make a living on racism, and or those that have to find something besides themselves to hate for their failures. As long as we are human, racism isn't going to go away completely.

Bass says he isn't racist but readily admits he likes to wear his ring under whites' noses.

Don't get the Bass twisted, class is class, but if you're rich you're just a rich ****** if you're black. To alot of whites a ****** is a ****** no matter his class, thats just the way it is. Economics doesn't protect one from racism and discrimination.

Ever consider that maybe people just don't like the Bass because of the way he talks about himself in the 3rd person and is in general an obnoxious person regardless of the color of his shiny black ass?

Guess y'all can afford luxuries in the support field that don't do anything but get grunts killed.

Hardly im commo go back and forth from the front to rear D and trust there are far fewer idiots in charge of the front!

Last edited:
Don't get the Bass twisted, class is class, but if you're rich you're just a rich ****** if you're black. To alot of whites a ****** is a ****** no matter his class, thats just the way it is. Economics doesn't protect one from racism and discrimination.

Yes , I understand that. Racism is still alive and well in this nation, without a doubt.

But let me ask you...which situation would you choose if you could?

Would you rather be a weathy Black person who has had all the benefits that come of being wealthy in this society, or a poor White person who has had none of those advantages?

Being White is NOT going to protect anyone from the ravages of entrenched poverty.

Poor Whites are treated with the same indifference and lack of respect as poor Blacks are treated. One can see classism manifesting every day in our court systems here in Maine.

The only difference, and I am not discounting its importance, is that poor Blacks have the additional burden of the racism which still exists in the minds of some of the people in this society, too.

But if you are White, and you don't sound like, look like, dress, like and fit into the more affluent segments of this society, a sudden infusion of capital will not more give a po' White person entry into the corridors of power, any more than it would a po' Black person.

Racism is a problem that at least we acknowledge exists in this society. We haven't solved it, but at least we acknowledge its existence.

We are only now beginning to admit to ourselves that classism exists, and that classism is a pernicious problem just as surely as racism is.

The very idea that our middle class ranges from families of four making $17,000 a year, up to families with incomes of $250,000 a year are both middle class?!

Now that's is a fairly good indication of just how willingly we bullshit ourselves about class divide in America, Bass.

I invite you to come see the run down shacks that many White people live in here in Maine, sport.

The kids coming out of that impoverished environment no more have a chance of breaking through the class ceilings in place in this nation, than a po' Black kid from Bed Sty does.

Both sets of kids are equally unprepared to make it in America. Both are basically doomed to a lifetime of poverty and disrespect, and social stigma.

In fact, give the remoteness of where these White kids live, the near complete marginalization from affluence, their chances of making it in America are even worse than a kid (of any color!) living in an urban setting.

Here's the only real benefit these White kids have here-- these Kids are not KILLING each other in gangs like kids (or every color) are in the poor neighborhoods of urban America.

Last edited:
Well... let's see.
My doctor is Black
My dentist is Korean
My neighbor is Mexican
My best friend is Chinese
The gentleman I'm dating is Philippino

and a guy I work with is gay

I'm just sayin'.......... there are some people to whom race or origin isn't an issue.

Well... let's see.
My doctor is Black
My dentist is Korean
My neighbor is Mexican
My best friend is Chinese
The gentleman I'm dating is Philippino

and a guy I work with is gay

I'm just sayin'.......... there are some people to whom race or origin isn't an issue.

You've also recognized the nationality of each of these people and it has been imprinted in our head

Does race play a part in your everyday life?

Are you a republican? You must be. Trying to change the conversation from how horrible John McCain and the economy are doing to race relations?

You are either dumb or an asshole for posting this question. Stop if if you are a dumb democrat, fuck off if you are a racist republican trying to change the subject.

Do you not care about the economy? Are you such a racist you would let the GOP ruin the economy even more for the next 4 years?

Evolve!!!!

You've also recognized the nationality of each of these people and it has been imprinted in our head

Sorry... I thought we were talking about "division" and I just thought I'd point out that my circle is pretty "inclusive". I recognize and respect their race, origin, and ethnicity as they do mine. It's just not a factor in how we get on with each other.

My doctor is a great guy.
My dentist is a lovely young lady.
My neighbor is a young professional.
My best friend is dear to my heart.
My guy is a brilliant economics professor.
My gay friend a truly kind young man.

Is that better? :lol:

I find white people to be very perverted,always promoting Homosexuality, and just one big turn off!.They are always trying to Rip other racial groups off,at every oppertunity that they can get.I mean look at what the white Race did to Blacks and Indians in this country!It is very sad.And they still refuse to pay slavery reparations to Black Americans!
After all of what they have done!!.

I find white people to be very perverted,always promoting Homosexuality, and just one big turn off!.They are always trying to Rip other racial groups off,at every oppertunity that they can get.I mean look at what the white Race did to Blacks and Indians in this country!It is very sad.And they still refuse to pay slavery reparations to Black Americans!
After all of what they have done!!.

Honey, what about the gay black man?
Where is their love?

$ru paul.jpg

Ah, but they live in America, same place you do.

You know, Home of the FREE!!!!!!!!!

No matter,they would still be executed in the inner city Black neighborhoods,
where homosexuality,and other sexual perversions are just not tolerated,as they are accepted in the White community.
Why are White people so concerned about the rights of Homosexuals?, and other sexual deviants,?this just screws up the entire
White races reputation I feel, and makes other races feel more scorn and condemnation for the White race.

Last edited:
No matter,they would still be executed in the inner city Black neighborhoods,
where homosexuality,and other sexual perversions are just not tolerated,as they are accepted in the White community.
Why are White people so concerned about the rights of Homosexuals?, and other sexual deviants,?this just screws up the entire
White races reputation I feel, and makes other races feel more scorn and condemnation for the White race.

Lets not talk about the black guys from the hood who are having sex with each other in prison. Then go back to the hood and continue.

Last edited:
I am a current resident of Atlanta, GA who did my undergraduate studies in Alabama, and was born in the north. One thing I have learned during my time in the south is that race is still a major factor in American society and racism is still thriving in the American south and lesser degree in the north (it is not as open, and in more of a de facto manner then the south). Whites still consider blacks as a lesser race and blacks are just as racist towards whites, probably just as knee jerk reaction. Both sides need to get over themselves cause we all share this planet and are going to need to get along to survive. Black Power and affirmative action are just as racist as the Ku Klux Klan, but are an accepted part of modern society because the whites feel like they owe something to African Americans. The whole system is stupid and perpetuated every day by ignorant people all across the country. No one is better then someone else because of the color of their skin. Until everyone realizes that, the vicious cycle of racism is bound to continue.

Its my trademark, my own distinctive way of posting.

Are you sure about this or are you trying to hide behind your alter ego? :eusa_eh: Or split-personality :confused:

I think there is medication for this type of illness. Let's all :eusa_pray: that he seeks help.

Or Dr. Phil might like to have you on his show. Let us know when the show is scheduled - so we can all see what you actually look like, ok? :eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back