Just curious...do the democrats realize...they still own obamacare? And they are happy about that?

Yes, the Dems own Obamacare

While Republicans own seven years of promises that they would repeal and replace it the first chance they got

Will there be a price to pay or are Republican voters that stupid?

um how were they to blame for 0 votes by the dems obstruction? Did you blame us Jews for the Holocaust?
The health care situation is not over yet, the process sometimes takes many reworking and submissions and in this case cohersion to get Dems to stop obstructing.
It will get done just might be after dems get their imploding care threaten to implode political careers first when people write them of their 50-100% increases or droped coverage.

um how were they to blame for 0 votes by the dems obstruction? Did you blame us Jews for the Holocaust?
The health care situation is not over yet, the process sometimes takes many reworking and submissions and in this case cohersion to get Dems to stop obstructing.
It will get done just might be after dems get their imploding care threaten to implode political careers first when people write them of their 50-100% increases or droped coverage.
They were actually counting on Democratic votes?
Not a good plan

What surprised me the most about the failure of Trumpcare was how poor a plan Republicans actually came up with and how easily they gave up
I always figured it would fail and they would go back for a rewrite
Obamacare was rewritten dozens of times

But Republicans tried once, failed and then quit

In a polarized political environment, coalitions across party lines are not formed to create inclusiveness. Coalitions are formed to get votes to pass legislation. The dems had the votes, the repubs didn't. It's that simple.

I'm surprised that after seven years of empty promises to repeal Obamacare, the Conservative voter is not more outraged

What do you mean you are done repealing Obamacare!

Last edited:
I'm surprised that after seven years of empty promises to repeal Obamacare, the Conservative voter is not more outraged

What do you mean you are done repealing Ovpbamacare!
Since the bill would not have repealed Obamacare as they promised their constituents and they didn't have the super majority in the Senate they needed to fix the problems in Obamacare, this was smoke and mirrors from the get go.

Now, the strategy seems to be ignore Obamacare move on and their supporters will forget about it.

Since the bill would not have repealed Obamacare as they promised their constituents and they didn't have the super majority in the Senate they needed to fix the problems in Obamacare, this was smoke and mirrors from the get go.

Now, the strategy seems to be ignore Obamacare move on and their supporters will forget about it.
60 votes to Repeal Obamacare!
Election after election of conservatives vowing repeal

Then they do nothing?
How gullible are Republicans?

They own it, because they're the ones who passed the goddamn monstrosity in the first place.

However, I will admit as a Republican that the bill failing was a good thing. I believe that Ryan takes a large part of the blame for this, but not all of it. In my opinion, the Freedom Caucus was right to demand the concessions from the bill that they did, as the AHCA would have been a disaster if they were kept in the replacement. But the Caucus took it a step too far when they demanded that the requirement that insurers cover patients with preexisting conditions be removed as well--that was one of the things Trump explicitly, and rightly, campaigned on keeping, as it was one of the few good things in the ACA behemoth. I mean, what did they expect Trump and Tom Price to do? :blowup: Anyway, their belligerence on that issue was unwarranted and helped sink the bill. But maybe it's a blessing in disguise, a warning for Republicans to take their time and pass a smooth replacement.
Take their time? They've had 7 fucking years to craft something better. Trump said he had a beautiful plan that would cover more people and cost less. Lets see it.

No...obamacare collapses.....then the people demand a fix...and they get a second chance to fix it.....it will be difficult, though not impossible, for the democrats in the press to hide the hate Americans have for obamacare when it finally collapses......

Not a good plan

What surprised me the most about the failure of Trumpcare was how poor a plan Republicans actually came up with and how easily they gave up

No they weren't which is why they retracted voting when they realized dems were gonna act like 5 y.o.'s
The Gov't & Bill take both parties, the majority no vote goes to Dems and so you must blame them or enjoy the Dems plan explode.
If you quized the Dems on what was in the retooled bill you'd get all failing grades.
Go ahead prove me wrong and quiz them as a social experiment. They voted no in their agenda before the Bill was presented.
They had protesters just stage protests at Republican offices before the Bill was even out let alone reshaped. It's a game they are playing, and by the looks of their faces during their dark room dem senators press conference, any smart person would realize they got out trumped. :)

No...obamacare collapses.....then the people demand a fix...and they get a second chance to fix it.....it will be difficult, though not impossible, for the democrats in the press to hide the hate Americans have for obamacare when it finally collapses......
Why wait for a collapse?
Republucans have the votes to repeal and replace
If only they can come to an agreement on a replacement

But wait......they can't do that
Whether Obamacare fails or not

Not a good plan

No they weren't which is why they retracted voting when they realized dems were gonna act like 5 y.o.'s
The Gov't & Bill take both parties, the majority no vote goes to Dems and so you must blame them or enjoy the Dems plan explode.
If you quized the Dems on what was in the retooled bill you'd get all failing grades.
Go ahead prove me wrong and quiz them as a social experiment. They voted no in their agenda before the Bill was presented.
They had protesters just stage protests at Republican offices before the Bill was even out let alone reshaped. It's a game they are playing, and by the looks of their faces during their dark room dem senators press conference, any smart person would realize they got out trumped. :)
No idea what you are talking about

Republicans failed on their own

And you still own obamcare.........without a single republican vote or finger print on it..........
Tramp's Executive Order fingerprints are all over the Trumpcare ACA.

Executive Order Minimizing the Economic Burden of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act Pending Repeal

To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Secretary of Health and Human Services (Secretary) and the heads of all other executive departments and agencies (agencies) with authorities and responsibilities under the Act shall exercise all authority and discretion available to them to waive, defer, grant exemptions from, or delay the implementation of any provision or requirement of the Act that would impose a fiscal burden on any State or a cost, fee, tax, penalty, or regulatory burden on individuals, families, healthcare providers, health insurers, patients, recipients of healthcare services, purchasers of health insurance, or makers of medical devices, products, or medications.

Forgetting the fact that Obamacare is bankrupt
Only because of Tramp's EO crippling the funding. Tramp OWNS Trumpcare ACA

Executive Order Minimizing the Economic Burden of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act Pending Repeal

To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Secretary of Health and Human Services (Secretary) and the heads of all other executive departments and agencies (agencies) with authorities and responsibilities under the Act shall exercise all authority and discretion available to them to waive, defer, grant exemptions from, or delay the implementation of any provision or requirement of the Act that would impose a fiscal burden on any State or a cost, fee, tax, penalty, or regulatory burden on individuals, families, healthcare providers, health insurers, patients, recipients of healthcare services, purchasers of health insurance, or makers of medical devices, products, or medications.

60 votes to Repeal Obamacare!
Election after election of conservatives vowing repeal

Then they do nothing?
How gullible are Republicans?
You bet they are.
The plan to repeal Obamacare was to pass the American Healthcare Plan which only changed budgetary items then repeal Obamacare when Republicans controlled goverment and had a 60 vote super majority. The last time Republicans had a super majority in the Senate and controlled the government was during Reagan's presidency. This was the only period in the last 75 years that this has happened. At best this was a long shot from the get go.

The American Healthcare bill plus Obamacare would have significantly increase insurance cost and the number uninsured.

Forum List

Back