Jussie Smollet Indicted on 6 counts of disorderly conduct

Perhaps it is I don’t know much about that. However Emmanuel is lewftwing in his politics, and so are many that know full well the juicy case was a special case of a celebrity with connections avoiding justice. There aren’t many liberals here supporting you on this one.

I never take a position on the basis of "how many people agree with me." In fact, I'm a contrarian by nature.

Smollet was an asshole for doing what he did. He DID deserve to lose his job. He does deserve to never work as an actor again. He is not worth bringing the the whole weight of the Criminal Justice System down because he hurt the feelings of some MAGA Nazis.

For Fox, she should have gotten a clear plea that included an apology and restitution. But to piss away hundreds of thousands of dollars for a first time offender in a non-violent crime? Not worth it.
..but you want cops to go to jail for defending themselves!!!!!!! doing their job!!!!

Perhaps it is I don’t know much about that. However Emmanuel is lewftwing in his politics, and so are many that know full well the juicy case was a special case of a celebrity with connections avoiding justice. There aren’t many liberals here supporting you on this one.

I never take a position on the basis of "how many people agree with me." In fact, I'm a contrarian by nature.

Smollet was an asshole for doing what he did. He DID deserve to lose his job. He does deserve to never work as an actor again. He is not worth bringing the the whole weight of the Criminal Justice System down because he hurt the feelings of some MAGA Nazis.

For Fox, she should have gotten a clear plea that included an apology and restitution. But to piss away hundreds of thousands of dollars for a first time offender in a non-violent crime? Not worth it.

Not prosecuting this case would show a lot of disrespect to the police officers who worked long and hard on resolving this. Suppose for a second that there actually WERE maga-hat wearing guys out in the Polar Vortex that evening hassling black homosexuals? Would you be willing to say "let bygones be bygones, Mr. Smollett wasn't hurt, he didn't even lose his sandwich, and let them go as nonviolent?
thank you---JoeB's racism is blinding him--makes him unable to think logically

You’re just cherry-picking a case that happened 30 years ago to try to make a bogus case for racism. I can cherry pick cases where blacks committed serious offenses and did little to no jail time as well. BTW did Tawana Brawley go to prison?

No. And she shouldn't have. Neither should have Morton Downey. Neither should Jussie Smollet.

Jail should be there for people who are a danger to others. None of these people qualify.

The original charges would had seen him get prison time for a significant time.

Unlikely. First time offender, non-violent offense.

That Chicago DA or whoever that mouth breather was that dropped the charges was doing the bidding of the Obamas. She should also be brought up on charges of corruption and dereliction of duty. This asshole exemplified the radical left and their hopes for racial divisions. It was an act of Social Justice Terrorism with the goal of increasing violence towards whites and “Trump supporters”. He should do hard time.

So we should lock him up because he hurt your little feelings?

Wrong, he is guilty of multiple offenses including lying to investigators, hardly something you get away with just because it’s your first time. Ask Roger Stone.

Yup, they want their pound of flesh.

Jussie Smollett accused of lying to CPD, indicted on 6 counts of disorderly conduct

CHICAGO - In a story FOX 32 News broke first, former “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett was indicted Tuesday in Chicago by special prosecutor Dan Webb, stemming from the alleged racist and anti-gay attack on him that occurred in January of 2019.

Smollett is due in court February 24 at the Criminal Court Building at 26th and California. Webb said in a statement that Smollett faces six felony counts of disorderly conduct, charges that stem from four separate false reports that he gave to police in which he contended he was a victim of a hate crime “knowing that he was not the victim of a crime.”

This strikes me as Dan Webb (a Republican) trying to sandbag Kim Fox, who is up for re-election next month.

So you are going to charge someone with something that almost always brings no jail time, especially for a first time offender, who has deep pockets to drag out a court case?

"But, but, but he said bad things about Trump Supporters!!!"

Disorderly conduct a FELONY? Now there's something new. At least it is to me.

you are a contrarian is the sense that your views are way outside the mainstream. You are also full of hate and a blind partisan on most issues. Foxx should be disbarred. There should be a no tolerance policy for corruption for someone in her position. Your basic argument is you don’t feel his and her crimes are a big deal because they don’t represent people you have contempt for. This is a cut and dry case of someone trying game the system, while giving no consideration to whomever is hurt in the process. It’s also a case of real corruption and malfeasance by people who are given the highest responsibility of administering justice.

here are the facts:

1) Juicy wasted the city of Chicago’s money and resources and attempted to smear a whole group of people he has animosity towards.

2) Foxx used her power to make sure he didn’t have to deal with the consequences of his actions.

You’re just trying to make innocent bystanders in this case who want fairness and justice into the bad guys. Fortunately Americans reject your hate for equal justice.

'''real'''----hahahhahahaha
no we don't have PLENTY [ hahahahah ] of race problems...the REAL problem/s are:
blacks commting crime at much higher rates
graduating at much lower rates
MURDERING other blacks at much higher rates
...you people only PERCEIVE all of these race problems--JUST LIKE Smollet!!!!!!!!! Smollet is a perfect example of my point

The Cleaner Called, they said they can't get the soot stains out of your robe after the last cross burning.

'''real'''----hahahhahahaha
no we don't have PLENTY [ hahahahah ] of race problems...the REAL problem/s are:
blacks commting crime at much higher rates
graduating at much lower rates
MURDERING other blacks at much higher rates
...you people only PERCEIVE all of these race problems--JUST LIKE Smollet!!!!!!!!! Smollet is a perfect example of my point

The Cleaner Called, they said they can't get the soot stains out of your robe after the last cross burning.
As a member of the democrat crime family and forever liars club, no one believes a damn thing you vermin claim.

you are a contrarian is the sense that your views are way outside the mainstream. You are also full of hate and a blind partisan on most issues. Foxx should be disbarred. There should be a no tolerance policy for corruption for someone in her position. Your basic argument is you don’t feel his and her crimes are a big deal because they don’t represent people you have contempt for. This is a cut and dry case of someone trying game the system, while giving no consideration to whomever is hurt in the process. It’s also a case of real corruption and malfeasance by people who are given the highest responsibility of administering justice.

Not at all. Our justice system makes decisions all the time that something 'Wasn't that big of a deal" and let's people plead out. Let's not forget, a JUDGE signed off on this agreement, Fox didn't do this on her own. The CPD whined about it because Fox is actually holding them to account for their misconduct, such as the two cops who beat the crap out of a teenage girl, and the FOP was upset they didn't charge the girl.

This is the kind of shit that goes on in Chicago all the time. This is why Jussie probably thought he'd have no problem sellign a hoax.

here are the facts:

1) Juicy wasted the city of Chicago’s money and resources and attempted to smear a whole group of people he has animosity towards.

And so? Chicago had to pay out 219 million last year paying outside counsel to defend police misconduct cases.

2) Foxx used her power to make sure he didn’t have to deal with the consequences of his actions.

You’re just trying to make innocent bystanders in this case who want fairness and justice into the bad guys. Fortunately Americans reject your hate for equal justice.

Which innocent bystanders are those?

The CPD? The real reason she probably didn't want to go to trial on this was she didn't want to prosecute a case of the Chicago Police vs. a popular celebrity. It wasn't worth it.

Those charges aren't worth the money it took to bring them. Maybe they should backcharge Smolette for all their legal expenses. If they don't, Smolette wins big even with a conviction.

Here's the concern I have.

He insists on a Chicago Jury.

Then his lawyer gets up there and reminds EVERYONE that Jason van Dyke shot LaQuan McDonald 16 times and only got three years. They'll remind the jury of every bit of misconduct by the Chicago Police Department.

then they'll say, "Do you really believe anything these guys say, my brothers?"

Smollett is a scumbag! He used racism to try and gain attention and further his "career". He's the kind of lowlife like Al Sharpton that doesn't care if other people are hurt when he inflames racial passions. He wants a "Chicago Jury"? Fine. If I were the prosecutor I'd remind the jurors that Smollett lied about the whole thing for his own interests and that his actions will make it less likely that someone who really WAS attacked for racial reasons will be believed!

Not prosecuting this case would show a lot of disrespect to the police officers who worked long and hard on resolving this. Suppose for a second that there actually WERE maga-hat wearing guys out in the Polar Vortex that evening hassling black homosexuals? Would you be willing to say "let bygones be bygones, Mr. Smollett wasn't hurt, he didn't even lose his sandwich, and let them go as nonviolent?

No, because THEN there would have been an actual crime.

..but you want cops to go to jail for defending themselves!!!!!!! doing their job!!!!

Doing their job doesn't involve beating and shooting people who aren't a threat.

Smollett is a scumbag! He used racism to try and gain attention and further his "career". He's the kind of lowlife like Al Sharpton that doesn't care if other people are hurt when he inflames racial passions. He wants a "Chicago Jury"? Fine. If I were the prosecutor I'd remind the jurors that Smollett lied about the whole thing for his own interests and that his actions will make it less likely that someone who really WAS attacked for racial reasons will be believed!

Hey, remember when they had that slam dunk case against OJ Simpson and there was no way an inner city jury was going to find him innocent with the mountain of evidence they had? Remember.

What the jury remembered was Rodney King and Cheif Darryl and choke holds...

So a Chicago Jury was going to remember LaQuan McDonald and Rekia Boyd and Bettie Jones... and totally give Jussie a walk.

I thought disorderly conduct is something they charged first graders with when they kissed their favorite girl on the cheek on Valentines day. Freakin alarmists. Smolette made an ass out of Chicago's police and the whole government and justice system. This world would be a much better place without racists like Smolette.

No, because THEN there would have been an actual crime.

There is an actual crime in both cases. Unless you are saying the making prank calls about fake crimes to the police isn't a crime? Especially if you aggravate the situation, and make up an elaborate story for detectives to investigate?

There is an actual crime in both cases. Unless you are saying the making prank calls about fake crimes to the police isn't a crime? Especially if you aggravate the situation, and make up an elaborate story for detectives to investigate?

Um.
No one was hurt.
No one's property was damaged
No one was really hurt.
Cops would have been paid regardless.

Not seeing the big deal here.

Um.
No one was hurt.
No one's property was damaged
No one was really hurt.
Cops would have been paid regardless.

Not seeing the big deal here.

If there had actually been MAGA Country guys out there in the Polar Vortex who committed the act, you could say the same. After all, Mr. Smollett's sandwich wasn't even damaged.

If there had actually been MAGA Country guys out there in the Polar Vortex who committed the act, you could say the same. After all, Mr. Smollett's sandwich wasn't even damaged.

Still would have been a crime.

I'm waiting for the happy day when we lock people up just for wearing MAGA hats, Swastikas, Klan Robes and other symbols of hate.

Still would have been a crime.

I'm waiting for the happy day when we lock people up just for wearing MAGA hats, Swastikas, Klan Robes and other symbols of hate.

Would it have been a crime that would need prosecuting, if the shoes were reversed?

Supposed a couple of honkies reported to the police falsely that Jussie and a couple of other libs attacked them on the street, and it was found out the honkies were lying? Would you agree to let that one slide?

Would it have been a crime that would need prosecuting, if the shoes were reversed?

Yes, because then it would have been an actual assault, as defined by the law.

Supposed a couple of honkies reported to the police falsely that Jussie and a couple of other libs attacked them on the street, and it was found out the honkies were lying? Would you agree to let that one slide?

Pretty much.. just not worth making a federal case out of.

Not at all. Our justice system makes decisions all the time that something 'Wasn't that big of a deal" and let's people plead out. Let's not forget, a JUDGE signed off on this agreement, Fox didn't do this on her own. The CPD whined about it because Fox is actually holding them to account for their misconduct, such as the two cops who beat the crap out of a teenage girl, and the FOP was upset they didn't charge the girl.

This is the kind of shit that goes on in Chicago all the time. This is why Jussie probably thought he'd have no problem sellign a hoax.

here are the facts:

And so? Chicago had to pay out 219 million last year paying outside counsel to defend police misconduct cases.

Which innocent bystanders are those?

The CPD? The real reason she probably didn't want to go to trial on this was she didn't want to prosecute a case of the Chicago Police vs. a popular celebrity. It wasn't worth it.

you keep stating that lie that there was a plea bargain. Your explanation as to why Foxx didn’t choose to prosecute is preposterous. How is hiring lawyers to represent cops a waste of resources? You’re reaction to Juicy wasting police man hours and the city’s resources is comical.

Forum List

Back