Jussie Smollet Indicted on 6 counts of disorderly conduct

you are a contrarian is the sense that your views are way outside the mainstream. You are also full of hate and a blind partisan on most issues. Foxx should be disbarred. There should be a no tolerance policy for corruption for someone in her position. Your basic argument is you don’t feel his and her crimes are a big deal because they don’t represent people you have contempt for. This is a cut and dry case of someone trying game the system, while giving no consideration to whomever is hurt in the process. It’s also a case of real corruption and malfeasance by people who are given the highest responsibility of administering justice.

Not at all. Our justice system makes decisions all the time that something 'Wasn't that big of a deal" and let's people plead out. Let's not forget, a JUDGE signed off on this agreement, Fox didn't do this on her own. The CPD whined about it because Fox is actually holding them to account for their misconduct, such as the two cops who beat the crap out of a teenage girl, and the FOP was upset they didn't charge the girl.

This is the kind of shit that goes on in Chicago all the time. This is why Jussie probably thought he'd have no problem sellign a hoax.

here are the facts:

1) Juicy wasted the city of Chicago’s money and resources and attempted to smear a whole group of people he has animosity towards.

And so? Chicago had to pay out 219 million last year paying outside counsel to defend police misconduct cases.

2) Foxx used her power to make sure he didn’t have to deal with the consequences of his actions.

You’re just trying to make innocent bystanders in this case who want fairness and justice into the bad guys. Fortunately Americans reject your hate for equal justice.

Which innocent bystanders are those?

The CPD? The real reason she probably didn't want to go to trial on this was she didn't want to prosecute a case of the Chicago Police vs. a popular celebrity. It wasn't worth it.

you keep stating that lie that there was a plea bargain. Your explanation as to why Foxx didn’t choose to prosecute is preposterous. How is hiring lawyers to represent cops a waste of resources? You’re reaction to Juicy wasting police man hours and the city’s resources is comical.

Mr. Smollett wasn't wasting police man hours at all. He reported a crime, and the police investigated and assembled proof of the crime, and came down with an indictment.

Would it have been a crime that would need prosecuting, if the shoes were reversed?

Yes, because then it would have been an actual assault, as defined by the law.

Supposed a couple of honkies reported to the police falsely that Jussie and a couple of other libs attacked them on the street, and it was found out the honkies were lying? Would you agree to let that one slide?

Pretty much.. just not worth making a federal case out of.

your position is reporting false crimes should not be prosecuted. I speak for the rest of America when I call you an idiot. Meanwhile we all know full well that if this was a white guy who wasted the city’s resources on a hoax you have no mercy for him.

you keep stating that lie that there was a plea bargain. Your explanation as to why Foxx didn’t choose to prosecute is preposterous. How is hiring lawyers to represent cops a waste of resources? You’re reaction to Juicy wasting police man hours and the city’s resources is comical.

It's a waste of resources when the cop is in the wrong. For instance, they spend MILLIONS defending Van Dyke in the LaQuan McDonald shooting. Dragged the case out for three years. Probably longer than he'll spend in jail. Wasn't any question on his guilt, he was right there, shooting this kid multiple times while he was lying on the ground.

Fox has a budget. Do you want her using those dollars going after murderers or Jussie Smollett? This isn't a complicated questions.

I'm satisfied with Smollet being a public punch line. I don't need more revenge than that. You apparently do, even though it had no effect on you personally.

your position is reporting false crimes should not be prosecuted. I speak for the rest of America when I call you an idiot. Meanwhile we all know full well that if this was a white guy who wasted the city’s resources on a hoax you have no mercy for him.

When that actually happens, let me know.

OH, wait, here's a whole list of cases of false police reports that there was no jail time. I didn't call for the blood of these people either.

Woman Gets Probation For Filing False Report Of Sexual Assault

Woman who triggered Gliniewicz manhunt owes $20,000 to police

Man pleads guilty to filing false police report

It's a waste of resources when the cop is in the wrong. For instance, they spend MILLIONS defending Van Dyke in the LaQuan McDonald shooting. Dragged the case out for three years. Probably longer than he'll spend in jail. Wasn't any question on his guilt, he was right there, shooting this kid multiple times while he was lying on the ground.

Fox has a budget. Do you want her using those dollars going after murderers or Jussie Smollett? This isn't a complicated questions.

I'm satisfied with Smollet being a public punch line. I don't need more revenge than that. You apparently do, even though it had no effect on you personally.

um whether cops are guilty or not is inconsequential. What about citizens that break the the law? The state supplying them with legal representation is a waste of resources? You keep bringing up other situations that have zilch to do with this case. And please, Foxx’s motivation to drop the charges was not fiscal decision decision, up until now no one has used that lame excuse, it’s ridiculous

well you’re most certainly in the minority. There have been tons of legal experts that have called into question the whole process.
That doesn't put me into the minority. And"calling into question" doesn't really say anything. They state that they thought they couldn't win , so they struck a deal. If you are going to make your point that it was "fishy" and "most people think so", all of your work is still ahead of you.

Maybe it is "fishy", but you certainly have not presented anything resembling an argument for that.

OH, wait, here's a whole list of cases of false police reports that there was no jail time. I didn't call for the blood of these people either.

Those cases were processed, had your boy Juicy’s case gone through the system and the result was probation, no one would be complaining

Did those people have concerts promoting their false claims? Did they go on nationalally televised talk shows to spew lies about Trump supporters? If not, your comparisons are dumb.

..but you want cops to go to jail for defending themselves!!!!!!! doing their job!!!!

Doing their job doesn't involve beating and shooting people who aren't a threat.

Smollett is a scumbag! He used racism to try and gain attention and further his "career". He's the kind of lowlife like Al Sharpton that doesn't care if other people are hurt when he inflames racial passions. He wants a "Chicago Jury"? Fine. If I were the prosecutor I'd remind the jurors that Smollett lied about the whole thing for his own interests and that his actions will make it less likely that someone who really WAS attacked for racial reasons will be believed!

Hey, remember when they had that slam dunk case against OJ Simpson and there was no way an inner city jury was going to find him innocent with the mountain of evidence they had? Remember.

What the jury remembered was Rodney King and Cheif Darryl and choke holds...

So a Chicago Jury was going to remember LaQuan McDonald and Rekia Boyd and Bettie Jones... and totally give Jussie a walk.
..you fkd up on this one--you are being a hypocrite/etc

Another completely disproven and Democrat supported hoax
Like has been said”fake it and you might make it”

um whether cops are guilty or not is inconsequential. What about citizens that break the the law? The state supplying them with legal representation is a waste of resources? You keep bringing up other situations that have zilch to do with this case. And please, Foxx’s motivation to drop the charges was not fiscal decision decision, up until now no one has used that lame excuse, it’s ridiculous

Did those people have concerts promoting their false claims? Did they go on nationalally televised talk shows to spew lies about Trump supporters? If not, your comparisons are dumb.

Not at all. Going on a talk show or having a concert isn't against the law. Just filing a false report is. So the same thing happened to him that happened to those white folks... he paid a fine, done.

Those cases were processed, had your boy Juicy’s case gone through the system and the result was probation, no one would be complaining

Smollet's case was processed. He paid a fine and did community service.

Of course it was a fiscal decision. Unlike all those poor people who get prosecuted for real crimes, Jussie could afford real lawyers....not some overworked public defender looking to check a box off his 'to do' list. This would have meant hundreds of hours on case prep and resources to make sure that they didn't lose in court.

And again- political situation ins Chicago. The Police are distrusted... which means "It was a conspiracy by the cops to frame an upstanding black man" would have traction with the jury pool,

Just not worth it for a no-jail time, non-violent offense.

Not at all. Going on a talk show or having a concert isn't against the law. Just filing a false report is. So the same thing happened to him that happened to those white folks... he paid a fine, done.

Smollet's case was processed. He paid a fine and did community service.

Of course it was a fiscal decision. Unlike all those poor people who get prosecuted for real crimes, Jussie could afford real lawyers....not some overworked public defender looking to check a box off his 'to do' list. This would have meant hundreds of hours on case prep and resources to make sure that they didn't lose in court.

And again- political situation ins Chicago. The Police are distrusted... which means "It was a conspiracy by the cops to frame an upstanding black man" would have traction with the jury pool,

Just not worth it for a no-jail time, non-violent offense.
Jussie's case effected more people, because he personally made sure that it did. He deserves a harsher sentence than usual.

Yup, they want their pound of flesh.

Jussie Smollett accused of lying to CPD, indicted on 6 counts of disorderly conduct

CHICAGO - In a story FOX 32 News broke first, former “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett was indicted Tuesday in Chicago by special prosecutor Dan Webb, stemming from the alleged racist and anti-gay attack on him that occurred in January of 2019.

Smollett is due in court February 24 at the Criminal Court Building at 26th and California. Webb said in a statement that Smollett faces six felony counts of disorderly conduct, charges that stem from four separate false reports that he gave to police in which he contended he was a victim of a hate crime “knowing that he was not the victim of a crime.”

This strikes me as Dan Webb (a Republican) trying to sandbag Kim Fox, who is up for re-election next month.

So you are going to charge someone with something that almost always brings no jail time, especially for a first time offender, who has deep pockets to drag out a court case?

"But, but, but he said bad things about Trump Supporters!!!"
I can't believe you're defending this scumbag. Says a lot about your character that you have no problem that he filed a false police.

Jussie's case effected more people, because he personally made sure that it did. He deserves a harsher sentence than usual.

Who was 'effected' exactly? How was anyone's life made any worse for the three days people took his story seriously.

I can't believe you're defending this scumbag. Says a lot about your character that you have no problem that he filed a false police.

Again, the people who looted Wall Street and left us all holding the bag to bail them out didn't spend ONE FUCKING DAY IN JAIL.

I just can't get worked up because some Actor Boy made a fool of himself.

Who's laughing now?

1581693467604.jpg

Yup, they want their pound of flesh.

Jussie Smollett accused of lying to CPD, indicted on 6 counts of disorderly conduct

CHICAGO - In a story FOX 32 News broke first, former “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett was indicted Tuesday in Chicago by special prosecutor Dan Webb, stemming from the alleged racist and anti-gay attack on him that occurred in January of 2019.

Smollett is due in court February 24 at the Criminal Court Building at 26th and California. Webb said in a statement that Smollett faces six felony counts of disorderly conduct, charges that stem from four separate false reports that he gave to police in which he contended he was a victim of a hate crime “knowing that he was not the victim of a crime.”

This strikes me as Dan Webb (a Republican) trying to sandbag Kim Fox, who is up for re-election next month.

So you are going to charge someone with something that almost always brings no jail time, especially for a first time offender, who has deep pockets to drag out a court case?

"But, but, but he said bad things about Trump Supporters!!!"
This queer is guilty of his crimes...but...he's gay and black so liberals feel he should be above the law. More votes for Trump.

Forum List

Back