Jussie Smollet Indicted on 6 counts of disorderly conduct

Imagine if someone like Tim Allen had staged being beaten by someone from Black Lives Matter and tried to say Obama words caused it and it was found out Allen lied, wasted government resources and made an ass out of himself my bet is you would have wanted Allen thrown under the jail...

Okay, I don't have to imagine it.

It already happened.

Morton Downey Jr, right wing racist radio host, faked a hate attack in an airport where he claimed two neo-Nazis drew a Swastika on his forehead. What gave it away was the Swastika was backwards because he drew it in a mirror. While he WAS turned into a national joke for it (as Smollet was), no one made a federal case out of it. It just wasn't that big of a deal.

You’re just cherry-picking a case that happened 30 years ago to try to make a bogus case for racism. I can cherry pick cases where blacks committed serious offenses and did little to no jail time as well. BTW did Tawana Brawley go to prison?

Since he falsely accused a specific race of a crime that didn't occur, he should have been also charged with a "Hate Crime."

Doesn't meet the Hate Crime Statue in Illinois. The hate crime statue says you have to specifically attack someone because of their race.

well you’re most certainly in the minority. There have been tons of legal experts that have called into question the whole process. Even Emmanuel called it a whitewashing of justice.

This would be the same Rahm Emmanuel who paid the family of LaQuan McDonald $5MM in a secret vote of the City Council so that the subject of his brutal shooting wouldn't come up in the 2015 election. THAT'S a white-washing of justice.

Perhaps it is I don’t know much about that. However Emmanuel is lewftwing in his politics, and so are many that know full well the juicy case was a special case of a celebrity with connections avoiding justice. There aren’t many liberals here supporting you on this one.

only he didn’t sign a plea bargain. The charges were dropped mysteriously. When people use their fame and connections to influence the justice system most people have a problem with that. He even had the audacity to sue the city. It’s amazing that someone can be retarded enough to be on his side. Congrats.

Again, Felicity Huffman got 11 Days at a Club Fed for bribing her daughter's way into college.
Tawnya McDowell (A poor black woman) got FIVE YEARS for lying about her address to get her kid into a less dangerous school.

What's retarded is that they took this any further than just exposing the hoax. Once the hoax was exposed, his career was over and he became a national punchline.

Cherry-picking to build a case for racism in the justice system. I could play with you, but the readers know you’re full of shit. It’s great that his career is over, but the justice system doesn’t work that way.

Lol hurt? You can’t get away with a race hoax, you took police away from a murder investigation of a 9 year old black girl. Almost started a race war. Are you tds? They he blamed trump supporters for it, and according to Jussie he got hurt by 2 white trump supporters.

No, nobody took the police away, the police decided to make this a priority, maybe. There are 14,000 Chicago Police officers, they could have probably done both. I mean, that's when they aren't framing people or shooting kids in the back 16 times.

No, man, what almost started a race war was the corrupt Chicago Police Department shooting a kid in the back and then trying to cover it up. No one was going to have a race war for Jussie.

You just said he didn’t do anything wrong? Now Foxx didn’t do anything wrong either? What fantasy world do you live in?

The one where we save the criminal justice system for people who are actually dangerous. How dare that uppity darkie do a hoax that unravelled within hours.
They have 14,000 detectives investigating murders? Come on.. wake up loser .. stop your fake race hoax

How do you know she displaced a “working class kid”? The lady lied about where she lives, that law carries a certain punishment. Write your Leftist Congressman and change the law. You don’t get to decide what is better or worse and neither do I.

The law said that Felicity should have gone to jail for a lot longer than she did, too. But being white and privileged, she got a slap on the wrist.

Equal Justice... I know, it's a crazy idea to you.

Love it how Leftists broad brush. It was the police force who pushed for a more stringent punishment not “Trump supporters”. Don’t let actual facts get in the way of your argument.

You mean, the notoriously racist and corrupt Chicago Police Department. The one that engaged in a cover up of the murder of LaQuan McDonald. The one that framed 72 men for drug charges, who were all recently released? THAT Chicago Police Department.

This is why Foxx didn't want to go to trial on this. The last thing she wanted was a Chicago Jury saying, "This one's for LaQuan!!!"
Link it. Huffman paid a fine, got community service and some jail time. She was a first time offender. McDonald was not exactly innocent. Yes the PO overstepped but don’t act like he killed a Boy Scout. Chicago is a mess under a Democrat mayor. What are you complaining about? You’re a Democrat. LOL

only he didn’t sign a plea bargain. The charges were dropped mysteriously. When people use their fame and connections to influence the justice system most people have a problem with that. He even had the audacity to sue the city. It’s amazing that someone can be retarded enough to be on his side. Congrats.

Again, Felicity Huffman got 11 Days at a Club Fed for bribing her daughter's way into college.
Tawnya McDowell (A poor black woman) got FIVE YEARS for lying about her address to get her kid into a less dangerous school.

What's retarded is that they took this any further than just exposing the hoax. Once the hoax was exposed, his career was over and he became a national punchline.

Cherry-picking to build a case for racism in the justice system. I could play with you, but the readers know you’re full of shit. It’s great that his career is over, but the justice system doesn’t work that way.
He is a giant hypocrite.

How do you know she displaced a “working class kid”? The lady lied about where she lives, that law carries a certain punishment. Write your Leftist Congressman and change the law. You don’t get to decide what is better or worse and neither do I.

The law said that Felicity should have gone to jail for a lot longer than she did, too. But being white and privileged, she got a slap on the wrist.

Equal Justice... I know, it's a crazy idea to you.

Love it how Leftists broad brush. It was the police force who pushed for a more stringent punishment not “Trump supporters”. Don’t let actual facts get in the way of your argument.

You mean, the notoriously racist and corrupt Chicago Police Department. The one that engaged in a cover up of the murder of LaQuan McDonald. The one that framed 72 men for drug charges, who were all recently released? THAT Chicago Police Department.

This is why Foxx didn't want to go to trial on this. The last thing she wanted was a Chicago Jury saying, "This one's for LaQuan!!!"

Aw bullshit. Paying to get one's kids into top schools has been the way its been done for generations. Ivy league schools even have booklets printed for their admissions staff so that they know exactly how much of a "contribution" is needed based upon the student's test scores. Felicity was just doing what she understood was expected.

FB_IMG_1581680443383.jpg

Yup, they want their pound of flesh.

Jussie Smollett accused of lying to CPD, indicted on 6 counts of disorderly conduct

CHICAGO - In a story FOX 32 News broke first, former “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett was indicted Tuesday in Chicago by special prosecutor Dan Webb, stemming from the alleged racist and anti-gay attack on him that occurred in January of 2019.

Smollett is due in court February 24 at the Criminal Court Building at 26th and California. Webb said in a statement that Smollett faces six felony counts of disorderly conduct, charges that stem from four separate false reports that he gave to police in which he contended he was a victim of a hate crime “knowing that he was not the victim of a crime.”

This strikes me as Dan Webb (a Republican) trying to sandbag Kim Fox, who is up for re-election next month.

So you are going to charge someone with something that almost always brings no jail time, especially for a first time offender, who has deep pockets to drag out a court case?

"But, but, but he said bad things about Trump Supporters!!!"

The original charges would had seen him get prison time for a significant time.

That Chicago DA or whoever that mouth breather was that dropped the charges was doing the bidding of the Obamas. She should also be brought up on charges of corruption and dereliction of duty. This asshole exemplified the radical left and their hopes for racial divisions. It was an act of Social Justice Terrorism with the goal of increasing violence towards whites and “Trump supporters”. He should do hard time.

You’re just cherry-picking a case that happened 30 years ago to try to make a bogus case for racism. I can cherry pick cases where blacks committed serious offenses and did little to no jail time as well. BTW did Tawana Brawley go to prison?

No. And she shouldn't have. Neither should have Morton Downey. Neither should Jussie Smollet.

Jail should be there for people who are a danger to others. None of these people qualify.

The original charges would had seen him get prison time for a significant time.

Unlikely. First time offender, non-violent offense.

That Chicago DA or whoever that mouth breather was that dropped the charges was doing the bidding of the Obamas. She should also be brought up on charges of corruption and dereliction of duty. This asshole exemplified the radical left and their hopes for racial divisions. It was an act of Social Justice Terrorism with the goal of increasing violence towards whites and “Trump supporters”. He should do hard time.

So we should lock him up because he hurt your little feelings?

Aw bullshit. Paying to get one's kids into top schools has been the way its been done for generations. Ivy league schools even have booklets printed for their admissions staff so that they know exactly how much of a "contribution" is needed based upon the student's test scores. Felicity was just doing what she understood was expected.

Just because something is done that way doesn't mean it should be.

Now, funny thing. I think that Felicity shouldn't have gone to prison. What should be done is to change the admission standards so it is PURELY on merit.

Link it. Huffman paid a fine, got community service and some jail time. She was a first time offender. McDonald was not exactly innocent. Yes the PO overstepped but don’t act like he killed a Boy Scout. Chicago is a mess under a Democrat mayor. What are you complaining about? You’re a Democrat. LOL

McDonald was a young man struggling with mental illness. Maybe you should read up on the case and know what you are talking about.

Now, my Brother and his wife are good friends with the officer involved. This has caused me a LOT of family friction, because I have this funny idea that you shouldn't shoot a kid 16 times for maybe at worst, petty vandalism.

I'm unaware of this law where you can murder kids if they don't join the boy scouts.

McDonald was a young man struggling with mental illness. Maybe you should read up on the case and know what you are talking about.

Now, my Brother and his wife are good friends with the officer involved. This has caused me a LOT of family friction, because I have this funny idea that you shouldn't shoot a kid 16 times for maybe at worst, petty vandalism.

I'm unaware of this law where you can murder kids if they don't join the boy scouts.

I am sure you're the life of the party at holidays....

Yup, they want their pound of flesh.

Jussie Smollett accused of lying to CPD, indicted on 6 counts of disorderly conduct

CHICAGO - In a story FOX 32 News broke first, former “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett was indicted Tuesday in Chicago by special prosecutor Dan Webb, stemming from the alleged racist and anti-gay attack on him that occurred in January of 2019.

Smollett is due in court February 24 at the Criminal Court Building at 26th and California. Webb said in a statement that Smollett faces six felony counts of disorderly conduct, charges that stem from four separate false reports that he gave to police in which he contended he was a victim of a hate crime “knowing that he was not the victim of a crime.”

This strikes me as Dan Webb (a Republican) trying to sandbag Kim Fox, who is up for re-election next month.

So you are going to charge someone with something that almost always brings no jail time, especially for a first time offender, who has deep pockets to drag out a court case?

"But, but, but he said bad things about Trump Supporters!!!"
hahhahahahah
OF COURSE when a black is racist, you think it's no big deal..and when a black commits a crime because of his racism, no big deal---hahahahahhah
..you prove what we've been saying all the time
hahahhahahahahahaha

Perhaps it is I don’t know much about that. However Emmanuel is lewftwing in his politics, and so are many that know full well the juicy case was a special case of a celebrity with connections avoiding justice. There aren’t many liberals here supporting you on this one.

I never take a position on the basis of "how many people agree with me." In fact, I'm a contrarian by nature.

Smollet was an asshole for doing what he did. He DID deserve to lose his job. He does deserve to never work as an actor again. He is not worth bringing the the whole weight of the Criminal Justice System down because he hurt the feelings of some MAGA Nazis.

For Fox, she should have gotten a clear plea that included an apology and restitution. But to piss away hundreds of thousands of dollars for a first time offender in a non-violent crime? Not worth it.

Just because something is done that way doesn't mean it should be.

Now, funny thing. I think that Felicity shouldn't have gone to prison. What should be done is to change the admission standards so it is PURELY on merit.

Yale is a private institution, they can base their admissions policies on merit, or any other standard they wish.

The folks at Harvard base admission and employment decisions on claims of indian ancestry or devotion to extreme causes like gun control in the case of that goofball kid, Dave Hogg.

They have 14,000 detectives investigating murders? Come on.. wake up loser .. stop your fake race hoax

We have plenty of real race problems, that's what made Jussie's story more probable than if he said he was abducted by aliens.
'''real'''----hahahhahahaha
no we don't have PLENTY [ hahahahah ] of race problems...the REAL problem/s are:
blacks commting crime at much higher rates
graduating at much lower rates
MURDERING other blacks at much higher rates
...you people only PERCEIVE all of these race problems--JUST LIKE Smollet!!!!!!!!! Smollet is a perfect example of my point

I never take a position on the basis of "how many people agree with me." In fact, I'm a contrarian by nature.

Smollet was an asshole for doing what he did. He DID deserve to lose his job. He does deserve to never work as an actor again. He is not worth bringing the the whole weight of the Criminal Justice System down because he hurt the feelings of some MAGA Nazis.

For Fox, she should have gotten a clear plea that included an apology and restitution. But to piss away hundreds of thousands of dollars for a first time offender in a non-violent crime? Not worth it.

Not prosecuting this case would show a lot of disrespect to the police officers who worked long and hard on resolving this. Suppose for a second that there actually WERE maga-hat wearing guys out in the Polar Vortex that evening hassling black homosexuals? Would you be willing to say "let bygones be bygones, Mr. Smollett wasn't hurt, he didn't even lose his sandwich, and let them go as nonviolent?

Since he falsely accused a specific race of a crime that didn't occur, he should have been also charged with a "Hate Crime."

Doesn't meet the Hate Crime Statue in Illinois. The hate crime statue says you have to specifically attack someone because of their race.

well you’re most certainly in the minority. There have been tons of legal experts that have called into question the whole process. Even Emmanuel called it a whitewashing of justice.

This would be the same Rahm Emmanuel who paid the family of LaQuan McDonald $5MM in a secret vote of the City Council so that the subject of his brutal shooting wouldn't come up in the 2015 election. THAT'S a white-washing of justice.

To me, liberal support is irrelevant.

Forum List

Back