Jury decides police who shot at man 59 times did not use excessive force

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
The "under 60" rule kicked in. As long as you only shoot the thug 59 times or less, you're okay.

SAN FRANCISCO — The civil trial over the fatal police shooting of Alejandro "Alex" Nieto concluded Thursday, with a federal jury finding that officers did not use excessive force in his death and awarding no punitive damages to his family. It took the jury roughly eight hours over the course of two days to return with a verdict.

Nieto was killed in a hail of gunfire in March 2014 in San Francisco's Bernal Heights neighborhood. In a span of about a minute, four officers fired a total of 59 bullets at the 28-year-old, 14 of which landed and hit him the head, shoulders and back. The San Francisco district attorney's office declined to criminally indict the four officers in February 2015, on grounds that the police had "acted reasonably" in self defense.

"14 of which landed and hit him the head, shoulders and back."

Police said it was the worst case of suicide they'd ever seen.

No where in that article could I find why the police were there in the first place.

He is a security guard. Why are he and the police even confronting each other? It doesn't make sense.

The "under 60" rule kicked in. As long as you only shoot the thug 59 times or less, you're okay.

SAN FRANCISCO — The civil trial over the fatal police shooting of Alejandro "Alex" Nieto concluded Thursday, with a federal jury finding that officers did not use excessive force in his death and awarding no punitive damages to his family. It took the jury roughly eight hours over the course of two days to return with a verdict.

Nieto was killed in a hail of gunfire in March 2014 in San Francisco's Bernal Heights neighborhood. In a span of about a minute, four officers fired a total of 59 bullets at the 28-year-old, 14 of which landed and hit him the head, shoulders and back. The San Francisco district attorney's office declined to criminally indict the four officers in February 2015, on grounds that the police had "acted reasonably" in self defense.

So then the question arises, how many is too many. 80? 100? No limit? I used to think the police were brave but they seem to kill first and ask questions later. Isn't there even any consideration of ricochet in a neighborhood? I don't recall ever seeing a story where a cop 'only shot the crook once or twice, which wasn't enough as the crook then shot the officer'. I'm sure its happened but this isn't a common thing.

How many is too many?

How many is too many?
Too many is after he is no longer a threat. People don't die right away like the movies. Four cops emptying their magazines can add up to 59 rounds. If they were not charged then the shoot was justifiable. I don't know the circumstances so can't say. Stupidity often comes at a steep price, dying of lead poisoning is sometimes the price.

When cops roll up on a 'scene' these days they talk to each other, "ok, we can't shoot him more than 59 times, that is the limit." "But what if after he takes 14 shots to the head he is still twitching?" "Well we'll play it by ear, but let's try to keep it under 60 shots".
"I have to empty the clip in my gun, if I don't it is a real hassle to reload it." "Ok Joe can empty his gun but everyone else no more than 14 shots."

"Thank god we got all that practice at the shooting range."

When cops roll up on a 'scene' these days they talk to each other, "ok, we can't shoot him more than 59 times, that is the limit." "But what if after he takes 14 shots to the head he is still twitching?" "Well we'll play it by ear, but let's try to keep it under 60 shots".
"I have to empty the clip in my gun, if I don't it is a real hassle to reload it." "Ok Joe can empty his gun but everyone else no more than 14 shots."

On the other hand, liberals make up shit. It's what they do.

Ah, the grand meaningless statement meant to put tens of millions of people into a nice little box.

:poke:

Ah, the grand meaningless statement meant to put tens of millions of people into a nice little box.

You're too fucking stupid to even realize that's what you did.

You're too fucking stupid to even realize that's what you did.

I didn't but no point in continuing. Have a nice day.

YOU continually put tens of thousands of LEO's "in a box".
You don't have a fucking clue about what it's like to be in a fire-fight.
The man shot had Meth and PCP and alcohol in his system.
HE started the fire-fight. HE had just half beaten his wife to death.
Once a LEO pulls the trigger he/she is trained to keep shooting at 'center mass' until he/she is positive the shooter is neutralised and the scene is secure.
I once saw an old woman with an automatic machine gun keep pulling the trigger when she was literally cut in half from opposing gun fire.

It's not even possible to debate with liberals anymore. They've gone full retard and it's hopeless.

Man killed by S.F. police was 'inspiration' but had troubles

Facts of the case.

Dead guy was a bouncer who had a holstered taser that looked like a pistol
He was in a hillside path acting bizarre, "air boxing", and pulling the pistol looking device (which was reported as a gun) on others who came near him
Friends said he had been acting bizarre lately and even took restraining orders out on him

Cops were called after reports of a man pointing a gun at others in the park

Cops arrived and he went to pull the gun on them. They fired. He's dead.

And seeing last week's IDENTICAL circumstances call in Texas where a psycho in a park with a gun KILLED A COP when they arrived....then yeah...cops aren't taking chances.

Forum List

Back