June 6, 1944 Normandy

The US should never have started Normandy. Or at least should have stopped there. History has proven in both ww1 and ww2, that France should have been left for Germany to keep. The US didn't, and so went European stability to hell forever. Bravo. If you are a decisive force, you need to understand how far to go and not to go. Normandy was one of history's biggest mistakes.
Hello, but France could speak German today, but I agree with you Americans soldiers came to die on the beaches of Normandy for anything, I'll be honest with you I find that many French people do not respect the sacrifice that made the United states for them, it's not everywhere in France the Normans they are different they appreciate what that gave the Americans but I find a little rude sometimes some French do not take consciousness worst they antis Americans, if I speak of the landing in Normandie often one answers that come out is this is an old story and I do not say eveything that is said.
I am far from thinking like all its superficial peoples.
I too live in France. But I refuse to speak French unless I am forced to. It would have worked better for the people of France and the entire European continent, if the Americans had stopped at Normandy, like they stopped at Naples at their Italian front.
France has always been unfair to force all of its people to speak French ever since 1789. And now worse, this French aggression is imported into all countries that ww1-2 created. Disgraceful. French language = murderous looter language.
True in France we have to talk French some tourist that come in Paris to visit the French want them to speak French, they are not happy about the fact that they come in France and they don't talk French but when they travel in a English speaking country they don't talk English.
They don't talk English with me, but sometime i speak English to them they don't understand what i say i am better in talking English than writing.

I am curious. If you are a born French speaker, maybe you can answer this question. A very nice and friendly guy I know here in France is a Provence speaker, but he says that he is not good at speaking Provence but rather speaks French. I think this is an abomination, because his town belongs to him and his father, not to Paris. He doesn't understand my point. How could so many people be brainwashed here so much into giving up what is themselves for some stupid pie in the sky like Paris?

The French are very proud and cold peoples who act like they are not accountable to anyone, I was very disappointed with the French when i arrived in France people I know have immediately try to change me for all be it for food leisure they do not accept foreigners and their culture and have no interests other than what is happening in France it may sound harsh but what I say is the truth if I speak often of Canada they have nothing to say, no interest I often try to see it does not interested. suddenly I do not speak or i speak English to piss them off.

I can teach you of some cossacs songs, to remember to French some episodes of history and piss them a little more :))))))

English was imposed on everyone in America despite the First Amendment. All countries have done this sort of thing. It may not be right, but it certainly is not particularly 'French'. If there is anything to criticize about France and the French, it is that they are not even more different from other nations and cultures.
Overall, France is a very good country and the people are very nice.

I think English was imposed as a means of communication. This was possible because America provided something new that others couldn't, summarized in the Bill of Rights. All other countries did such impositions too, yes, but that is different, it is like forcing you to buy a fake Rolex. I live in France, both French and English are a foreign language for me, but I chose English any day.

Bill of Rights and other similar things - just a propaganded features... America provided a dollar - a money of whole world :)

English was imposed on everyone in America despite the First Amendment. All countries have done this sort of thing. It may not be right, but it certainly is not particularly 'French'. If there is anything to criticize about France and the French, it is that they are not even more different from other nations and cultures.

I think English was imposed as a means of communication. This was possible because America provided something new that others couldn't, summarized in the Bill of Rights. All other countries did such impositions too, yes, but that is different, it is like forcing you to buy a fake Rolex. I live in France, both French and English are a foreign language for me, but I chose English any day.

Bill of Rights and other similar things - just a propaganded features... America provided a dollar - a money of whole world :)

Yes, but I think every country needs to market itself with some sales pitch, and the Bill of Rights has been the most successful in that propaganda so far. Others could be constructed too, yes, like the communist came close. And I agree too, that this needs to be underpinned with money, and no money carries more reassuring bullets than the dollar.

Look, I do not hate the French I married a good French man but his entourage are little snobs he is the heir only son while his family are very quirk on the principles in general they will have likely prefer a French woman for they precious son if I would have known I might have taken a other husband maybe American finally so i could have vote for Trump :badgrin: and I do not really like is that they imposed their way of living, Canadians peoples are not like that.
Hello, but France could speak German today, but I agree with you Americans soldiers came to die on the beaches of Normandy for anything, I'll be honest with you I find that many French people do not respect the sacrifice that made the United states for them, it's not everywhere in France the Normans they are different they appreciate what that gave the Americans but I find a little rude sometimes some French do not take consciousness worst they antis Americans, if I speak of the landing in Normandie often one answers that come out is this is an old story and I do not say eveything that is said.
I am far from thinking like all its superficial peoples.
I too live in France. But I refuse to speak French unless I am forced to. It would have worked better for the people of France and the entire European continent, if the Americans had stopped at Normandy, like they stopped at Naples at their Italian front.
France has always been unfair to force all of its people to speak French ever since 1789. And now worse, this French aggression is imported into all countries that ww1-2 created. Disgraceful. French language = murderous looter language.
True in France we have to talk French some tourist that come in Paris to visit the French want them to speak French, they are not happy about the fact that they come in France and they don't talk French but when they travel in a English speaking country they don't talk English.
They don't talk English with me, but sometime i speak English to them they don't understand what i say i am better in talking English than writing.

I am curious. If you are a born French speaker, maybe you can answer this question. A very nice and friendly guy I know here in France is a Provence speaker, but he says that he is not good at speaking Provence but rather speaks French. I think this is an abomination, because his town belongs to him and his father, not to Paris. He doesn't understand my point. How could so many people be brainwashed here so much into giving up what is themselves for some stupid pie in the sky like Paris?

The French are very proud and cold peoples who act like they are not accountable to anyone, I was very disappointed with the French when i arrived in France people I know have immediately try to change me for all be it for food leisure they do not accept foreigners and their culture and have no interests other than what is happening in France it may sound harsh but what I say is the truth if I speak often of Canada they have nothing to say, no interest I often try to see it does not interested. suddenly I do not speak or i speak English to piss them off.

I agree, and this sounds criminal. The French are like criminals, that push borders around, like in Elsaice, then act like you describe them. Isn't that criminal? A form of theft and robbery.
I felt like they wanted to steal who i was i mean i feel here you can not be your own self

Last edited:
Thank you namvet for this touching video in memory of American soldiers killed on omaha beach with this boy proud of his country and courageous.

D-Day - A Critical Moment In History

Thanks to the FDR generated propaganda machine and the willing or unwilling media sources at the time, Americans were convinced that Normandy was a great victory and the Nazis were fooled when the truth was that the Allies took about 100,000 casualties during the "breakout" that lasted almost three months. Ike had about a million draftees and he vowed to use them if that's what it took.

Generated propaganda machine and the willing or unwilling media sources at the time still the same today the média are all for Hillary we will see if that convince the Americans peoples or not ?
And it was the same way for the Germans peoples at the time...there were force to joins Hitler or they pay the price and the Nazis were real asshole l

what if today's media reports on this ??

Well done ... Cnn this is crap I have only this American chain in France but I have the English version of it often goes reports on Africans I don't give a shit about what the hell is going on aver there and It is a Calvary since the elections stuffing crane against Trump.

US Soldiers Celebrate with French Civilians St Lo Normandy 1944.

Four American soldiers of the 83e Division de l'infanterie américaine
drapeau_etats-unis_petit-4b85bfa.png
studied a group of German road signs on the Boulevard Rochebonne in the French city of Poincaré in Paramé, a suburb of Saint - Malo.

The régiment de la Chaudière

Canadian soldier asks for directions from an elderly French civilian

36 paratroopers of the French forces Free of special air service were also parachuted in Bretagne
Around midnight from June 5 to 6 One of them was probably the first dead of the landing émile bouétard

Soldiers from the the U.S. 2nd Infantry Division clear a street of German defenders in Brest, France, August 1944

The suffering of the 'peasants Bretons et Normands' is seldom appreciated. They had to welcome their 'liberators', yet for the success of the invasion it was necessary to demolish large areas that often held high concentrations of civilians.
Still, those soldiers who assaulted the Normandy beeches were enormously brave and determined.

The suffering of the 'peasants Bretons et Normands' is seldom appreciated. They had to welcome their 'liberators', yet for the success of the invasion it was necessary to demolish large areas that often held high concentrations of civilians.
Still, those soldiers who assaulted the Normandy beeches were enormously brave and determined.
It is true, Normandy is the place I love most in France, the Americans gave their lives on the beaches in Normandy, they were very young away from America and many Normans welcomed them, helped , Cared for.
Normandy pays honor to brave Americans sadly this is not the case everywhere in France.

It is true, Normandy is the place I love most in France, the Americans gave their lives on the beaches in Normandy, they were very young away from America and many Normans welcomed them, helped , Cared for.
Normandy pays honor to brave Americans sadly this is not the case everywhere in France.

I do not understand this mentality in France as for the singer Michel Sardou who honored the American soldiers and this song has been very contested in France i don't agree with that at all.

For those of that have lost Brothers, this song brings tears.

Forum List

Back