Judge Tosses Trump Family’s Attempt to Hide Pyramid Scheme Lawsuit From Public

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
Man, I wouldn't give the Trump Crime Family's legal troubles to a MONKEY ON A ROCK!

A circuit court judge on Wednesday shot down an attempt by former President Donald Trump and three of his four adult children to force a class action out of open court and into arbitration, which would have kept the proceedings—involving allegations of fraud related to an alleged pyramid scheme promoted by Trump—hidden from public view. “The truth or falsity of the plaintiffs’ allegations is not before us,” Judge Robert D. Sack wrote in a 43-page opinion. “We neither express nor imply any views with respect to them. The only question before us is whether this case should be resolved before the district court or an arbitrator.”​
Originally filed in 2018, the lawsuit alleges that the Trump family promoted a multi-level marketing “get-rich-quick scheme” that conned victims into forking over “hundreds or thousands of dollars” they never had a chance of recouping. The ex-president, along with daughter Ivanka and sons Don Jr. and Eric, allegedly insisted that investing in the venture, known as ACN Opportunity, LLC, “offered a reasonable probability of commercial success,” according to the lawsuit. At the same time, it says the Trumps, who allegedly collected millions in endorsement fees from ACN, “failed to conduct due diligence about the likelihood of economic losses and the slim probability of commercial success from such schemes.”​

Man, I wouldn't give the Trump Crime Family's legal troubles to a MONKEY ON A ROCK!

A circuit court judge on Wednesday shot down an attempt by former President Donald Trump and three of his four adult children to force a class action out of open court and into arbitration, which would have kept the proceedings—involving allegations of fraud related to an alleged pyramid scheme promoted by Trump—hidden from public view. “The truth or falsity of the plaintiffs’ allegations is not before us,” Judge Robert D. Sack wrote in a 43-page opinion. “We neither express nor imply any views with respect to them. The only question before us is whether this case should be resolved before the district court or an arbitrator.”​
Originally filed in 2018, the lawsuit alleges that the Trump family promoted a multi-level marketing “get-rich-quick scheme” that conned victims into forking over “hundreds or thousands of dollars” they never had a chance of recouping. The ex-president, along with daughter Ivanka and sons Don Jr. and Eric, allegedly insisted that investing in the venture, known as ACN Opportunity, LLC, “offered a reasonable probability of commercial success,” according to the lawsuit. At the same time, it says the Trumps, who allegedly collected millions in endorsement fees from ACN, “failed to conduct due diligence about the likelihood of economic losses and the slim probability of commercial success from such schemes.”​

I remember this. Some fool tried to get me to buy that crap. I just told him "Dude I work in IT. Thats a scam."

They guy selling his "left over blacktop" that he will give you a great deal on because he doesn't want to dump it is selling a real product also but he will get busted.

Texarkana Man Arrested in Louisiana for Asphalt Scams - Texarkana FYI
Entirely irrelevant dude. Catch up on THIS scam please. The Trump Crime Family Scams are too many to mention. Of course there are ALSO the DeVos Crime Family Scams ...

For the last several years, MLMs have been well-positioned to continue to sway the courts in their favor. Former President Donald Trump heavily promoted the Concord, North Carolina-based company ACN between 2005 and 2015 (and was later sued by former sellers who claim they got burned but the company). Betsey DeVos, former Education Secretary under Trump, is related to several Amway higher-ups, including her husband (former Amway CEO Dick DeVos) and father-in-law (Amway co-founder Richard DeVos).​

One more nail in the coffin of his 2024 bid to get back into the white house

Why is this not a criminal case?
The district courts are the general trial courts of the federal court system. Each district court has at least one United States District Judge, appointed by the President and confirmed by the Senate for a life term. District courts handle trials within the federal court system – both civil and criminal.

Entirely irrelevant dude. Catch up on THIS scam please. The Trump Crime Family Scams are too many to mention. Of course there are ALSO the DeVos Crime Family Scams ...

For the last several years, MLMs have been well-positioned to continue to sway the courts in their favor. Former President Donald Trump heavily promoted the Concord, North Carolina-based company ACN between 2005 and 2015 (and was later sued by former sellers who claim they got burned but the company). Betsey DeVos, former Education Secretary under Trump, is related to several Amway higher-ups, including her husband (former Amway CEO Dick DeVos) and father-in-law (Amway co-founder Richard DeVos).​

There is nothing to catch up on. Financial scams get a free pass in this country for the most part.

The district courts are the general trial courts of the federal court system. Each district court has at least one United States District Judge, appointed by the President and confirmed by the Senate for a life term. District courts handle trials within the federal court system – both civil and criminal.

Which doesn't explain why it's not a criminal charge.

It doesn't. Nor do we know if the plaintiffs will go to the US Attorney with a claim of a crime; I assume that the plaintiffs (the victims) sued the Trump Family for fraud. Time will tell now that the Judge wrote this:

"A circuit court judge on Wednesday shot down an attempt by former President Donald Trump and three of his four adult children to force a class action out of open court and into arbitration, which would have kept the proceedings—involving allegations of fraud related to an alleged pyramid scheme promoted by Trump—hidden from public view. “The truth or falsity of the plaintiffs’ allegations is not before us,” Judge Robert D. Sack wrote in a 43-page opinion. “We neither express nor imply any views with respect to them. The only question before us is whether this case should be resolved before the district court or an arbitrator.”"

Last edited:
It doesn't. Nor do we know if the plaintiffs will go to the US Attorney with evidence of a crime; I assume that the plaintiffs (the victims) sued the Trump Family for fraud. Time will tell now that the Judge wrote this:

A circuit court judge on Wednesday shot down an attempt by former President Donald Trump and three of his four adult children to force a class action out of open court and into arbitration, which would have kept the proceedings—involving allegations of fraud related to an alleged pyramid scheme promoted by Trump—hidden from public view. “The truth or falsity of the plaintiffs’ allegations is not before us,” Judge Robert D. Sack wrote in a 43-page opinion. “We neither express nor imply any views with respect to them. The only question before us is whether this case should be resolved before the district court or an arbitrator.”

Trump has been sued and either found guilty or pled guilty so many times, does it never get old with the justice system?

How is it you can rob a 7-11 of $150 and go to prison but you can fraudulently rip people off of millions and only have to give some of it back?

You are rapidly losing street cred in this forum my friend
I didn't know I was looking for it.

This is a far bigger issue than Trump. It's about our unfair, unjust justice system. You get treated completely different when you have money.
okay - but no matter how far I dig back on your posts, the more it’d frame you as an apologist for Former Guy

Step off the fence please .. I’ll catch you

You are rapidly losing street cred in this forum my friend

okay - but no matter how far I dig back on your posts, the more it’d frame you as an apologist for Former Guy

Step off the fence please .. I’ll catch you

For the former guy? Obama? I have said he failed at nearly every aspect of the job. Do you mean something like that?

I've said many times that I supported 90% of what Candidate Obama said but only 10% of what President Obama actually did.

For the former guy? Obama? I have said he failed at nearly every aspect of the job. Do you mean something like that?

I've said many times that I supported 90% of what Candidate Obama said but only 10% of what President Obama actually did.

No, The Former Guy term refers to those of us us who’ve had it with Agent Orange & would prefer to move on from the chaos, lies & BS.

No, The Former Guy term refers to those of us us who’ve had it with Agent Orange & would prefer to move on from the chaos, lies & BS.

So I have no idea what you are rambling about.........I say Trump should be arrested and you say I defend him? I think you must be thinking of someone else or you have seen me condemn Obama or Biden for something I do not support and assume I support Trump. Unfortunately, a lot of people think that way.

Trump has been sued and either found guilty or pled guilty so many times, does it never get old with the justice system?

How is it you can rob a 7-11 of $150 and go to prison but you can fraudulently rip people off of millions and only have to give some of it back?

Because the guy at the 7-11 didn't voluntarily give over the money. There is a little aggravating factor known as "violence."

Forum List

Back