judge tells COVID vaccine jabbers to put up or shut up

If it wanted to prevent its citizens from dying it would ban cigarettes this afternoon and close all roads tomorrow as cigs kill 480,000 people per year and cars kill 50,000,

And alcohol, and guns, and knives, any chemical that could potentially be harmful, ladders, and anything that could kill any people in the amount of 100 or more per year.

Or they could just say "obey the law, don't hurt anyone else with intent, don't do anything immoral, make your own decisions for yourself and mind your own business".

Personally I prefer the last one.

My opinion is if they are the direct employer they should be able to set policies in the interests of the entity that writes the paychecks. Where I draw the line is with forcing other employers to force the issue. Employees can always quit and go seek their paycheck somewhere else if they do not like the policies in place over them and I encourage them to do so.
I don't think this is what the court findings were. Evasion. What do you think of the court findings, as described in the opening post?

Last edited:
I don't think this is what the court findings were. Evasion. What do you think of the court findings, as described in the opening post?
Pretty much disagreement.
15/ lack of compelling interest- they had a compelling interest in maintaining a healthy workforce during pandemic, and decreasing medical expenses paid, in my opinion.
16/ It is not like the employees have a right to set policy, nor are they entitled to work there nor obligated to stay.
21/ the court is to presume- No the court is not to presume.
24/ order to remain until court changes- no order will remain until changed on appeal to and at direction of higher court of appeals.

For right now, it is law.

1632785771126.png

No. It is not. Right after the injunction was issued the Gainesville commission backed down and withdrew their vaccination mandate!

See Gainesville rescinds requirement for city workers to get COVID shots

The City of Gainesville backed down fast when the alternative was to defend their unconstitutional mandate in court.

JWK

View attachment 544609
No. It is not. Right after the injunction was issued the Gainesville commission backed down and withdrew their vaccination mandate!

See Gainesville rescinds requirement for city workers to get COVID shots

The City of Gainesville backed down fast when the alternative was to defend their unconstitutional mandate in court.

JWK
Sounds like they are going with the court decision at the moment, to me. Did I misunderstand the ruling, or did you think the city would go ahead after the judge issued the injunction and invite liability? Who would do that?

By preventing its citizens from dying?
you do realize no vaccine does that right?

but argumento, let’s say one does…and the Court bought that arguement…what else could the state order people to do because they say it prevents death? outlaw driving? eating burgers? no soda? swimming? football? the list goes on

ironically some on the left have attempted to ban these things

Pretty much disagreement.
15/ lack of compelling interest- they had a compelling interest in maintaining a healthy workforce during pandemic, and decreasing medical expenses paid, in my opinion.
16/ It is not like the employees have a right to set policy, nor are they entitled to work there nor obligated to stay.
21/ the court is to presume- No the court is not to presume.
24/ order to remain until court changes- no order will remain until changed on appeal to and at direction of higher court of appeals.

You have failed to demonstrate that you read the title and opening post of this thread. Cheating is natural for lefties, so your evasion is no surprise.

Unconstitutional?

Mass V Jacobson 1905 the SC said vaccine mandates WERE Constitutional
I see you have evaded demonstrating that you read and understood the opening post, and you have certainly evaded talking about what happened in that court.

You have failed to demonstrate that you read the title and opening post of this thread. Cheating is natural for lefties, so your evasion is no surprise.
Read it fine, just do not agree with the decision, but totally understand the council acting in accordance with the injunction. If I had an injunction against me, I would comply also. Not how you would go? You advocate, they should resist and ignore the injunction, proceed and terminate noncomplying employee, risking court action and lawsuits? What did you think they would do if they lost in the court, demand a recount and swear it never happened?

I see you have evaded demonstrating that you read and understood the opening post, and you have certainly evaded talking about what happened in that court.
I see you don't understand the concept of precedent

Read it fine, just do not agree with the decision, but totally understand the council acting in accordance with the injunction. If I had an injunction against me, I would comply also. Not how you would go? You advocate, they should resist and ignore the injunction, proceed and terminate noncomplying employee, risking court action and lawsuits? What did you think they would do if they lost in the court, demand a recount and swear it never happened?
You came closer than your comrade Lesh did to discussing the premise of the thread title and opening post.

You came closer than your comrade Lesh did to discussing the premise of the thread title and opening post.
You directly asked me specifically, so I answered. I understand both sides of it, but tend to side with employers setting their own policy and advise them to use lawyers competent to defend their rights as employers or stay out of courts. This goes for public as well as private employers, whether the issue is vaccines, changes to safety procedures or anything other policy, really.

It lessens the chances of dying from covid by a lot.

Nothing prevents you from dying.

We all die sometime

Really? By how much? They say there are 6 unreported cases of Covid for every reported one. So that means the death rate is 6 times less than what they already say.

Forum List

Back