Judge Sullivan Scrambles For A Lifeline To Bail HIMSELF Out Of Dropped Flynn Case

Are you talking about the Transcript of Trumps phone call with the Ukraine President?
We could be, but we aren't.
Then why two different views on the editing of transcripts. Where presidential transcripts (covered by presidential records act) are routinely edited by people who weren't in on the call.
Apples and Oranges.
You're confusing a criminal investigation with transposing dialog during communications. And the person that is transposing the transcripts needs to hear the conversation personally either live or by recording. Page altered the 302 without doing either. Apples and oranges.
Page made some grammatical changes and edited for clarity. She made no substantive changes.
Get cute.

I know what perjury is. What is the specific perjury charge here

That Flynn admitted he lied to the FBI (and other crimes) under penalty of perjury, and then he took it back. (actually made a diametric claim)
...as does ANY criminal defendant who wants to withdraw his plea.

Jesus.

The difference is Flynn is trying to withdraw his plea AFTER CONVICTION.
Which is routinely done, especially when the prosecution failed to disclose and produce evidence of investigators trying to trap him.

How could the FBI ask him questions in a way to cause him to respond that way?

All of these explanations rely on the interview going down in a way that we know it didn’t.
And, the prosecution can argue that and make that case.

But, no. YOU want to prevent Frynn from mounting ANY defense. You want the deck so far staked in the prosecution's favor that Flynn gets NO defense whatsoever.

Am I a exposing you as a partisan hack yet?

I’d have been happy to have Flynn mount a defense at trial. Would have loved to see that go down.

What’s telling is that not even the hack lawyer put in charge by Barr who moved to dismiss the case considers these notes exculpatory.

Are you telling me that any defendant who withdraws a guilty plea after entering the plea and answering the judge's question in the affirmative that he pleading guilty because he is guilty and for no other reason, should be prosecuted for perjury? Is that you position?

(this is a huge trap)

We are talking about changing their plea AFTER conviction. They are free to do so any time before that. After conviction is when it's too late.

That Flynn admitted he lied to the FBI (and other crimes) under penalty of perjury, and then he took it back. (actually made a diametric claim)

Jesus.

Which is routinely done, especially when the prosecution failed to disclose and produce evidence of investigators trying to trap him.

Entrapment is definitely not what anyone is claiming happened.

Jesus.

Answer this:

If a guy pleads guilty to a rape charge, and is convicted of that charge, but before sentencing, DNA evidence becomes questionable as to whether he was actually the rapist.

Is he allowed to withdraw his guilty plea?

Or would you charge him with perjury?

Jesus.

Not before having those handwritten notes.

You're saying he can't make that argument now, after the prosecutorial misconduct of failure to disclose those notes comes to light?

It's over? No more defense?

Are you telling me that any defendant who withdraws a guilty plea after entering the plea and answering the judge's question in the affirmative that he pleading guilty because he is guilty and for no other reason, should be prosecuted for perjury? Is that you position?

(this is a huge trap)

We are talking about changing their plea AFTER conviction. They are free to do so any time before that. After conviction is when it's too late.
Link? Show me.

(this is a huge trap)

You can withdraw a guilty plea up until sentencing.

But you have to give a good reason.

All of these explanations rely on the interview going down in a way that we know it didn’t.

But, no. YOU want to prevent Frynn from mounting ANY defense. You want the deck so far staked in the prosecution's favor that Flynn gets NO defense whatsoever.

I’d have been happy to have Flynn mount a defense at trial. Would have loved to see that go down.

What’s telling is that not even the hack lawyer put in charge by Barr who moved to dismiss the case considers these notes exculpatory.
Says who?

Jesus.

You're saying he can't make that argument now, after the prosecutorial misconduct of failure to disclose those notes comes to light?

No one is making the claim of entrapment now either. It’d be ridiculous.

Actually what you posted is grounds for appeal of their conviction, not grounds to withdraw their plea.
I suppose, but given the mere allegations of prosecutorial misconduct in failure to disclose the documents in question, coupled with the prosecution moved to dismiss (acting guilty), what do you think the appellate court will do if a judge goes forward with his conviction?

Jesus.

The defense does not have to make any claim or defense until the prosecution rests at trial.

What do you think is supposed to happen? Defense lawyers are required to brief he court and all parties on their case-in-chief or defense before trial???

You don't seem to know how this shit works.

Jesus.

The defense does not have to make any claim or defense until the prosecution rests at trial.

What do you think is supposed to happen? Defense lawyers are required to brief he court and all parties on their case-in-chief or defense before trial???

You’re being overly pendantic. The point is that the claim of entrapment is absurd. No one in their right mind would make that claim.

Powell has been making defenses of Flynn to tru to get his plea reversed. I don’t believe that was ever adjudicated. Part of reversing a plea may include making claims of innocence.

Where's your link?
You're constantly telling everyone to prove our BS but never provide one ounce of proof of any of your crap.

Answer this:

If a guy pleads guilty to a rape charge, and is convicted of that charge, but before sentencing, DNA evidence becomes questionable as to whether he was actually the rapist.

Is he allowed to withdraw his guilty plea?

Or would you charge him with perjury?

Flynns case is rare, because the time between conviction and sentencing in state court is separated by days and not months. So the window is smaller.

In the case you mentioned, the DA would have to explain why the evidence was not available prior to conviction. The evidence itself if exculpatory would be grounds for the judge to declare a mistrial.

If the evidence merely raises a question, such as the lab having made a mistake in a similar case would not be sufficient to delay justice. Proof of his DNA being exculpatory would be grounds for appeal.

Jesus.

You’re being overly pendantic. The point is that the claim of entrapment is absurd. No one in their right mind would make that claim.

Powell has been making defenses of Flynn to tru to get his plea reversed. I don’t believe that was ever adjudicated. Part of reversing a plea may include making claims of innocence.
Pendantic? Seriously????

A defense lawyer is not required to go into details about any of that. Only what is necessary to withdraw the plea....WHICH IS NO LONGER NECESSARY IN THIS MATTER!!!!

The only thing a defendant must disclose is alibi evidence. Williams v. Florida. (399 U.S. 78 (1970)

They would be charging him for answering the question "are you pleading guilty because you are guilty and for no other reason" and then changing his plea.

People are allowed to change their plea from innocent to guilty without being charged with perjury. But Flynn said he was guilty, was given a chance to change his mind, and did not. He again confirmed his guilt in front of the judge. Flynn changed his mind, not based on his innocence, but that the judge took the crime more seriously than Flynn thought he would.
Yeah....he was given a chance to change his plea after being threatened.....and his family threatened with prosecution.
I think after losing his home to pay for his legal fees and being run thru the ringer....he just wanted it to be over with.
But people seem to think that being tricked into pleading guilty to save your family from financial ruin isn't a big thing.

Forum List

Back