Judge rules NC can't make sure only citizens are voting

Dumb ass I have been poor I could still come up with the 5$ for a damn State ID...stop lying.
Can you understand ‘Poll The ax’?

Why do Conservatives applaud voter suppression?

That's because nobody is being suppressed. How can you say a law that applies to all people only suppresses one side?

Unless you want to make the claim that minorities are too stupid to get an ID (which is what you people really mean) then there is no suppression.
Voter suppression is a much more prevalent offense than voter fraud
Stats? Let us see the stats. How many voters are suppressed vs. how many commit voter fraud.
Thanks.
Purging voter registration rolls due to inactivity is fine if those purged are notified. Eliminating polling places is fine if the population shrinks. But not if the demographics change in favor of the opposition of the party of the leaders of the board of election.

Requiring ID is a means of repressing the vote.

For every bit of anecdote about the roght’s favorite boogeymen, the Latino, there’s a mountain of evidence showing voter repression
I know the extremes they go to here in order to ensure that the most remote villagers have the ability to vote. And ID is requested. So, ID is provided, regardless of the remoteness of a village. Seriously, how does requiring an ID repress the vote?

Voting should be as easy as drawing a breath.

Suppression is the tactic of the minority party because they know that without hinderence, voters will rarely if ever vote for the minority.

Insisting on ID means you have something to suppress
So going by your crazy notion insisting on a drivers license means that there must be something to hide. Requiring a social security number means both parties have something to hide. Requiring a birth certificate means that the hospital has something to hid. See anything wrong your your assumption yet?

You can try and spin crazy any way you want but it just tends to make you look desperate to hide something. There is no reason not to have one and a number of reasons to have one.

Perhaps instead of an ID we should just use a thumb print. Would that make you happier?
No. I don’t agree that the right to vote should be infringed.

What is more precious, a vote or a gun?

How does a thumbprint infringe on your right to vote?
How does a background check infringe on your right to new arms?

It creates a database of who owns guns, just like 1938 Germany.

Any more silly questions? :1peleas:
What makes your inconvenience about your arsenal more dire than the right to vote?

I believe more folks are concerned with voting than hunting.

Can you understand ‘Poll The ax’?

Why do Conservatives applaud voter suppression?

That's because nobody is being suppressed. How can you say a law that applies to all people only suppresses one side?

Unless you want to make the claim that minorities are too stupid to get an ID (which is what you people really mean) then there is no suppression.
Stats? Let us see the stats. How many voters are suppressed vs. how many commit voter fraud.
Thanks.
Purging voter registration rolls due to inactivity is fine if those purged are notified. Eliminating polling places is fine if the population shrinks. But not if the demographics change in favor of the opposition of the party of the leaders of the board of election.

For every bit of anecdote about the roght’s favorite boogeymen, the Latino, there’s a mountain of evidence showing voter repression
I know the extremes they go to here in order to ensure that the most remote villagers have the ability to vote. And ID is requested. So, ID is provided, regardless of the remoteness of a village. Seriously, how does requiring an ID repress the vote?
Those without photo ID are being denied the fundamental American right

Because that’s the intent . They know it will effect older people who will most likely be Dem voters.

Here’s a textbook example . Grampa Joe is 80 years old . Hasn’t driven in years so his ID is an expired drivers license. He would be denied the vote even though he’s voted at that poll for 50 years because he doesn’t have a valid ID .
Once Republicans get their voter ID passed, the next step is to make it harder and harder to qualify for an ID. More hoops to jump through and more ways to disqualify an ID

Really? And that happened in what state?
North Dakota

They passed a requirement that IDs cannot have a PO Box for an address

Local reservations did not have paved roads with street names and house numbers. Native Americans relied on PO Boxes to get their mail

Their IDs became unacceptable weeks before the election even though they had been voting for years

Note: An overwhelming majority of Native Americans vote Democratic
I call bs. I can only receive mail at my PO box but still have a "street" address. My street address is some point in the woods, off a mud/snow trail barely wide enough for a small car. If you google my address, the pin drops in the north-central part of my 200 acre property.
Oh, yeah, our Natives vote Republican. (Murkowski, Young, Sullivan)

These reservations had no proper street addresses and the lawmakers knew it when they set the requirement, and no way of getting addresses assigned to the properties in time to allow legal residents there to vote. If Native Americans don't qualify to vote on the basis of citizenship, then the rest of you have no legal right to vote at all.

All states should have the same voter ID requirements, and those requirements should make it as easy as possible for all legal citizens to vote. You shouldn't have to jump through voter ID hoops like "exact match" because then it becomes easy to have state clerks mispell names in Democratic areas, and double check the Republican names to ensure few if any errors in those districts, which is what one of the states was doing.
You must live in some shithole state. Even in Alaska, where some villages are ostensibly as remote as you can get, the inhabitants are able to acquire legitimate photo IDs. Villagers are such a significant voting bloc that they are actively pandered to by our pols.

Because that’s the intent . They know it will effect older people who will most likely be Dem voters.

Here’s a textbook example . Grampa Joe is 80 years old . Hasn’t driven in years so his ID is an expired drivers license. He would be denied the vote even though he’s voted at that poll for 50 years because he doesn’t have a valid ID .
Once Republicans get their voter ID passed, the next step is to make it harder and harder to qualify for an ID. More hoops to jump through and more ways to disqualify an ID

North Dakota

Local reservations did not have paved roads with street names and house numbers. Native Americans relied on PO Boxes to get their mail

Their IDs became unacceptable weeks before the election even though they had been voting for years

I call bs. I can only receive mail at my PO box but still have a "street" address. My street address is some point in the woods, off a mud/snow trail barely wide enough for a small car. If you google my address, the pin drops in the north-central part of my 200 acre property.

They do not have street addresses on their reservations. They barely have streets

Many Native IDs Won't Be Accepted At North Dakota Polling Places
I live in Alaska. I'm not buying that whole "native" shit. We have lots of natives and they constitute a significant voting bloc here. Barely have streets? Barely have sewer systems, electricity, etc. But they manage to get state ID and vote. Are you Natives so stupid and incapable?

Thanks.

How?

So going by your crazy notion insisting on a drivers license means that there must be something to hide. Requiring a social security number means both parties have something to hide. Requiring a birth certificate means that the hospital has something to hid. See anything wrong your your assumption yet?

You can try and spin crazy any way you want but it just tends to make you look desperate to hide something. There is no reason not to have one and a number of reasons to have one.

Perhaps instead of an ID we should just use a thumb print. Would that make you happier?

What makes your inconvenience about your arsenal more dire than the right to vote?

Guns in America are for more than hunting. They are also for self-defense and to keep a would-be tyrannical government in check.

Are you American? How do you not know this?

North Dakota

These reservations had no proper street addresses and the lawmakers knew it when they set the requirement, and no way of getting addresses assigned to the properties in time to allow legal residents there to vote. If Native Americans don't qualify to vote on the basis of citizenship, then the rest of you have no legal right to vote at all.

All states should have the same voter ID requirements, and those requirements should make it as easy as possible for all legal citizens to vote. You shouldn't have to jump through voter ID hoops like "exact match" because then it becomes easy to have state clerks mispell names in Democratic areas, and double check the Republican names to ensure few if any errors in those districts, which is what one of the states was doing.
You must live in some shithole state. Even in Alaska, where some villages are ostensibly as remote as you can get, the inhabitants are able to acquire legitimate photo IDs. Villagers are such a significant voting bloc that they are actively pandered to by our pols.

She lives in Canada.

Thanks.

No they are not. They just have to prove they have that right with an ID just like everybody else.

And what do some of us have to do to exercise our right to firearms? When I got my CCW permit, I had to:

Take a 10 hour class and pay for it.
Go to the gun range and take shooting test for 2 hours.
Get a picture taken that was VISA acceptable.
Go downtown to the Sheriffs department and fill out an application, and get my picture taken again.
I had to be electronically fingerprinted.

To vote, get an ID, and that's too much to ask to exercise your right????

When a voter shows up without approved ID...

There are lots of ways to ID yourself .

What you ID freaks forget to mention is that before people used X Y or Z to ID themselves . These laws say “oh no, you can only use Z”. Even though the old way worked just fine since forever . The whole purpose is to suppress votes .

The whole purpose is to weed out people that shouldn't be voting in the first place like illegals.

That doesn’t happen! Illegals don’t vote .

Nah, of course they don't.

Poll: 13% of Illegal Aliens ADMIT They Vote - California Political Review

Lol. Bullshit lies from a hack righty site .

Let’s imagine this poll .
Q: “Hello sir. Are you an illegal alien?”
A: “why yes I am, strange person I just met. I admit I am in the country without proper documentation. Who wants to know “
Q “ do you also participate in voting ?”
A: “oh yes. All the time . I love voting . Even though it’s a felony that’d get deported in a hot minute !”

Lol! The above conversation has never ever happened ! Never mind 13%.

I bet you didn't even click the link yet alone go to the hyperlinks. Oh, it must not be true. Yet when we talk about things like border walls, treatment of aliens asking for asylum, tougher gun restrictions, it's "OH LOOK, WE HAVE POLLS THAT PROVE YOU'RE WRONG!!!!"

The judge in the article was not ruling on the amendment, he was saying that the people in the legislature who put it on the ballot were illegitimate because of gerrymandering. I cannot believe this will stand. So everything that legislature did during session was illegal because they were illegitimate. And any judge can overrule the legislature? I don’t think so.

What you ID freaks forget to mention is that before people used X Y or Z to ID themselves . These laws say “oh no, you can only use Z”. Even though the old way worked just fine since forever . The whole purpose is to suppress votes .

The whole purpose is to weed out people that shouldn't be voting in the first place like illegals.

That doesn’t happen! Illegals don’t vote .

Nah, of course they don't.

Poll: 13% of Illegal Aliens ADMIT They Vote - California Political Review
Show a single example where they did

Check voter rolls and see how many voters were not citizens

If you can apply to vote, then you are considered a citizen. In California, they have motor voter. When you go for your drivers license, you are automatically registered as a voter unless you sign a form opting out.

Now how many links would you like of illegals voting or being prosecuted for voting? I don't want to post a bunch of them if you're not going to read them.

how so. educate me on how it is suppression.

North Dakota

:linky:

"Voter suppression" is a leftwing euphemism meaning "election integrity."
How can a democratic republic stand once a radical minority of Conservatives decides that their opposition should be denied voting rights?

In America, we favor fairness.
No one is denying voting rights to legal voters, shit for brains.

The idea of the ID IS TO SHOW they are legal voters.

Like a drivers license ? Which non citizens and felons who can’t vote can get.

That’s why people register . To check that . Not the old foggy giving you a ballot .

And that's why ID's are needed: to check that they are indeed the person who is registered to vote.

how so. educate me on how it is suppression.

North Dakota

Try post 117

How can a democratic republic stand once a radical minority of Conservatives decides that their opposition should be denied voting rights?

In America, we favor fairness.

That’s why people register . To check that . Not the old foggy giving you a ballot .

And that's why ID's are needed: to check that they are indeed the person who is registered to vote.
IDs can be faked

A signature is more reliable and has worked for hundreds of years

IDs can be faked

A signature is more reliable and has worked for hundreds of years

Right, you have an 84 year old lady looking at your signature like some kind of expert. If that's more reliable, why do we have communities in the US that have more registered voters than actual citizens?

Last edited:

North Dakota

Try post 117

Thank you, I did, but it was an opinion piece. I did find factual evidence though, and it turns out Native Americans voted in record numbers:

A New North Dakota Law Threatened Native American Votes. They Responded By Turning Out in Historic Numbers

Guns in America are for more than hunting. They are also for self-defense and to keep a would-be tyrannical government in check.

Are you American? How do you not know this?
If you intend to shoot people rather than game or paper, you should register your arsenal

Forum List

Back