Judge Cannon weighs dismissal of Trump classified documents case

Trump legal news brief: Trump set to attend hearing as Judge Cannon weighs dismissal of classified documents case​

Yahoo News' succinct daily update on the criminal and civil cases against the 45th president of the United States.​

David Knowles
·Senior Editor
Wed, March 13, 2024, 5:46 PM CDT·

Former President Donald Trump is expected to attend a Thursday hearing in Judge Aileen Cannon’s Florida courtroom on whether to dismiss the felony charges against him brought

If it is of any comfort, I'm not predicting Cannon will dismiss the charges. So far not many judges have shown the least bit of courage in the election interference cases, and I don't expect any in the Trumped up cases against the Orange Monster.

Can you imagine the reactions of Democrats if charges are dismissed? The Democrats know where Cannon works, there is no place for her to be safe after such a ruling. Not unless she resigns and gets put in the witness protection program - run by Biden's DOJ.

The judges either want to refuse to accept cases on procedural grounds, or if cornered, to just let the jury decide so they can be little Pontius Pilates.

Complete control? Compared to;

Trump, who had the secret service guarding the premises where Trump's documents were located.

Obama's documents were in an unguarded warehouse
Yes, what I mean is that Obama makes all decisions about what happens to "his" presidential documents. The Obama libray is not going to go against Obama.

Of course, Democrats are not required to follow security procedures with classified documents, like everyone else. Pffft! Those are for little people, like the military.

If they aren't too old and loveable to be prosecuted, the DOJ will find some other dodge.

It does, in plain English, so Team Trump will prevail on that point.
  • “President Trump was still the President of the United States when, for example, many of the documents at issue were packed (presumably by the GSA), transported, and delivered to Mar-A-Lago,” Trump’s attorneys wrote in a filing to Cannon.
That's a fact, so Team Trump will prevail on that point.
Wow... How many times do we have to explain this.

Trump is not charged with taking the documents.. Read the indictments...

I don't know how stupid ye all have to be...

Wow... How many times do we have to explain this.

Trump is not charged with taking the documents.. Read the indictments...

I don't know how stupid ye all have to be...
The excuse for the indictments is that he was negotiating with the justice department over which records to provide.

You know - Just like H. Clinton did.

Oh - except that he never destroyed the documents with Bleach Bit and hammers.

You are an idiot, I stated that presidential records end up in libraries. You said no, then explained that I was right!

No what you said and what I responded to was: "Yet, the archivists do not literally retain, posses, or in any physical way retain presidential documents."

This is false. The NARA does literally retain possess both legally and physically of Presidential Records in their possession and maintain them within the library for public access.

WW

No what you said and what I responded to was: "Yet, the archivists do not literally retain, posses, or in any physical way retain presidential documents."

This is false. The NARA does literally retain possess both legally and physically of Presidential Records in their possession and maintain them within the library for public access.

WW
Show us the office of the Archivist and the name of the Archivist that must of been in the Obama warehouse where Obama's records were stored.

Libraries? Build before or after the documents leave the White House? Now you are claiming that documents are never stored? That at all times, even throughout the night, an Archivist, is in physical possession of Presidential Records?

Sorry, Archivists do not maintain physical possession of all Presidential documents.

From the story:

• Trump is expected to attend Thursday’s hearing at which Cannon, a Trump appointee, will hear arguments on whether the Presidential Records Act enabled Trump to designate classified documents as personal items upon leaving the White House at the end of his term, ABC News reported.
It does, in plain English, so Team Trump will prevail on that point.
  • “President Trump was still the President of the United States when, for example, many of the documents at issue were packed (presumably by the GSA), transported, and delivered to Mar-A-Lago,” Trump’s attorneys wrote in a filing to Cannon.
That's a fact, so Team Trump will prevail on that point.
  • Smith’s team countered in their own filing that Trump’s argument is simply that he is above the law.

That is a sophomoric argument, that holds no legal weight at all, so Smith will lose on that point.

Trump's lawyers are not asking that he be above the law, they ask that the law be followed. The Democratic Prosecution team wants the law ignored and Trump convicted for being a big ol' orange meanie.
Riiiight, well after he was President when he was asked for the classified docs back, he lied and obstructed… that’s where the indictment came from.

Show us the office of the Archivist and the name of the Archivist that must of been in the Obama warehouse where Obama's records were stored.

Libraries? Build before or after the documents leave the White House? Now you are claiming that documents are never stored? That at all times, even throughout the night, an Archivist, is in physical possession of Presidential Records?

Sorry, Archivists do not maintain physical possession of all Presidential documents.
The archivist handled all of that under obama.... Google it.

I am pretty sure that Bush, Obama and Clinton have classified documents in their presidential records.
That means that Merrick Garland and Jack Smith will also have to prosecute them.
Their whole case against Trump is 100% partisan and election interference.
Nobody is being prosecuted for having classified docs in their records. Most politicians do. Catch up and learn what’s going on

SENATOR BIDEN HAD NO LEGAL STANDING FOR POSSESSION OF CLASSIFIED DOCUMENTS!!!!!!!!!
You fucking retarded HYPOCRITES are pathetic.
:rolleyes:
You ignore the fact the Biden cooperated in the return of docs. Trump didn’t. That’s the major difference here and why Trump is being indicted

The archivist handled all of that under obama.... Google it.
handled, exactly, but they never ever actually touched or had an office in the warehouse, no secret service or FBI guarding the documents. Literally, no physical control unless being in a warehouse is physical control.

google it

I am pretty sure that Bush, Obama and Clinton have classified documents in their presidential records.
That means that Merrick Garland and Jack Smith will also have to prosecute them.
Their whole case against Trump is 100% partisan and election interference.

We're going to need to confiscate belts and shoelaces from the lefties here.

You ignore the fact the Biden cooperated in the return of docs. Trump didn’t. That’s the major difference here and why Trump is being indicted
False narrative, Trump cooperated 100%

Hell, the FBI new exactly where in the vast complex of Mar-a-Lago, the documents were located. How did they know, exactly where the documents were? How did they know Trump had documents.

Mar-a-Lago, guarded by the Secret Service 100% of the time.

Mar-a-Lago, where every person entering, is screened by security.

Mar-a-Lago, which was in complete cooperation with the Archivists

Forum List

Back