Judge Cannon has blown it.

Well, I guess you guys drew a f*ed up hand then didn’t you? She’s going to ram this down your throats, and there is little to nothing you can do about it…I guess Smith will get another loss notch in his worthless career belt….lol

How so? If smith files a motion for in limine, and she doesn't give the right answer, he'll file a writ of mandamus, to get the 11th circuit (who have twice ruled against her) to tell her to get the law right, or have her removed, it's one or the other.

He has the upper hand. She fell right into his trap.

Yes, really. The NYC judgement against Trump is an absolute atrocity and COMPLETELY political. Just because other liberal judges don't oppose it, doesn't make it any less so.
Trump lied to the bank. We all know that’s wrong. You wouldnt have done that, but you defend Trump doing it purely for political reasons.

Most of you on the right probably haven't figured this out, judging from some of your comments which clearly indicate you do not understand the forces that are in play, i.e.,, what the actual dynamics are, (it's way in Smith's favor, FYI) because they right wing echo chamber isn't telling you, but Judge Cannon fucked up on the law, royally. Jack will file a motion in limine, and if she ignores it, he'll have grounds for a petition for writ of mandamus, and he'll either get the 11th circuit to straighten her out on the law (which she has turned on it's head), or get her ass off the case. She's bitten off far more than she can chew.

Let's see if I'm right. We'll know in a day or two. One thing is certain, Jack's not going to let the last 2 page order where she wrote 'unprecedented and unjust', he's not going to let that slide.

This is really an interesting case, particularly because we have an extremely wet behind the ears judge handling a case who is in way way way over her head. But, that's the system, whoever is next on the rotation, regardless of experience matching, is the one assigned, and she got it. Clearly, the system is ripe for reform.
1712350346564.png

How so? If smith files a motion for in limine, and she doesn't give the right answer, he'll file a writ of mandamus, to get the 11th circuit (who have twice ruled against her) to tell her to get the law right, or have her removed, it's one or the other.

He has the upper hand. She fell right into his trap.
Is that the new talking point?

The state of NY. When is Laticia going to go after another business or individual. They could raise billions.

Here is a little hint...they won't because it is HUGE trap which would ensare far too many people.
Who should they go after?

Most of you on the right probably haven't figured this out, judging from some of your comments which clearly indicate you do not understand the forces that are in play, i.e.,, what the actual dynamics are, (it's way in Smith's favor, FYI) because they right wing echo chamber isn't telling you, but Judge Cannon fucked up on the law, royally. Jack will file a motion in limine, and if she ignores it, he'll have grounds for a petition for writ of mandamus, and he'll either get the 11th circuit to straighten her out on the law (which she has turned on it's head), or get her ass off the case. She's bitten off far more than she can chew.

Let's see if I'm right. We'll know in a day or two. One thing is certain, Jack's not going to let the last 2 page order where she wrote 'unprecedented and unjust', he's not going to let that slide.

This is really an interesting case, particularly because we have an extremely wet behind the ears judge handling a case who is in way way way over her head. But, that's the system, whoever is next on the rotation, regardless of experience matching, is the one assigned, and she got it. Clearly, the system is ripe for reform.

You know all of this from your Juris Doctorate or did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

You have a link to that two page order? I'd like to see how right you and Jack Smith are.

Link below. You first have to look at Smith's motion, which gave many citations, case law, and how her response addressed none of it. She merely wrote:

Separately, to the extent the Special Counsel demands an anticipatory finalization of jury instructions prior to trial, prior to a charge conference, and prior to the presentation of trial defenses and evidence, the Court declines that demand as unprecedented and unjust

That's clearly an incompetent response, far below the standard one would expect from a seasoned judge.

She goes on to say:
The Court’s Order soliciting preliminary draft instructions on certain counts should not be misconstrued as declaring a final definition on any essential element or asserted defense in this case.

She should have stated that in the order to Smith. Looks like she is backpedaling.

Nor should it be interpreted as anything other than what it was: a genuine attempt, in the context of the upcoming trial, to better understand the parties’ competing positions and the
questions to be submitted to the jury in this complex case of first impression always, any party remains free to avail itself of whatever appellate options it sees fit to invoke, as permitted by law

She totally ignored Smith's indication of how the PRA is irrelevant to this case, and that her instructions contradicted the law.

She's deliberately avoiding giving Smith something he can appeal,. that's what it looks like to me.

But, a motion in limine, if not responded to, he can file a writ of mandamus to get her to apply the law, or get her off the case.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back