Judaism 101

Since none of my Jewish brothers and sisters have even attempted to answer my questions I can only assume there is no such restriction on spreading the good news.
There’s no insistence and I know of no Observant Jew who would ever go out of their way to preach to any non-Jew.

Jews proselytize by telling non-Jews they’re not going to hell.

Jews have actively proselytized in their history; claiming otherwise is just ignorant. they stopped forcing conversion at points, true, but still accepted converts in droves, not making it hard until late in their history, hence the reference in Jonah and other places. From post- exilic times down to Jesus's time they developed 'racial purity' laws that would make Nazis jealous by the Roman conquests. Your genealogy even determined where one was permitted to go in the Temple and Temple grounds themselves, and of course what priest posts one could qualify for.
Says...you?

Says the historical record. It must suck that there are so many honest Jewish scholars out there who don't and won't participate in false revisionism.
What historical method.
I spend 30 hours a week on my Jew studies and I have no idea what you’re talking about.

And you think that's my problem???
Ignorance in this area is your problem.

Jews proselytize by telling non-Jews they’re not going to hell.

Jews have actively proselytized in their history; claiming otherwise is just ignorant. they stopped forcing conversion at points, true, but still accepted converts in droves, not making it hard until late in their history, hence the reference in Jonah and other places. From post- exilic times down to Jesus's time they developed 'racial purity' laws that would make Nazis jealous by the Roman conquests. Your genealogy even determined where one was permitted to go in the Temple and Temple grounds themselves, and of course what priest posts one could qualify for.
Says...you?

Says the historical record. It must suck that there are so many honest Jewish scholars out there who don't and won't participate in false revisionism.
What historical method.
I spend 30 hours a week on my Jew studies and I have no idea what you’re talking about.

And you think that's my problem???

no silly, Pic. YOUR problem is that YOU DO NOT KNOW.
you are a parrot of the "interpretation" of jewish writings----rendered
by Christians ------most of whom do not even know the languages
Hebrew and Aramaic and their poetic imageries and usages. As to
YOUR understanding of jewish interpretation ------even they are FILTERED
thru the sunday school crap stuffed into your head in childhood. Always
remember-------the jews of old WROTE for jews------they did not expect
people like you to ever read it. Back then----people like you could not read
what they wrote. and YES-----it was full of satire that you could not grasp

Since none of my Jewish brothers and sisters have even attempted to answer my questions I can only assume there is no such restriction on spreading the good news.

you have jewish brothers and sisters, ding?. -------THAT IS GOOD
NEWS-------they can cook all kinds of goodies for you
We are all brothers and sisters, Rosie.

There’s no insistence and I know of no Observant Jew who would ever go out of their way to preach to any non-Jew.
Why not?
Tanach is quite specific about Torah being for Jews.
Non-Jews have the responsibility of building a better technological life for all humans.

Why not?
Non-Jews have the responsibility of building a better technological life for all humans.
So in a way there is an insistence on it. If it is quite specific about being only for Jews there is an implied insistence that it not be shared with non-Jews, right?

Why not?
So in a way there is an insistence on it. If it is quite specific about being only for Jews there is an implied insistence that it not be shared with non-Jews, right?
The method is to answer questions and guide you to do your own research.
I will never translate a word before having someone look it up themselves.
I taught Hebrew to an engineer at work and he learned to read the blue Pentatuch with Rashi on his own.
But he showed he was willing to sweat through it.

you have jewish brothers and sisters, ding?. -------THAT IS GOOD
NEWS-------they can cook all kinds of goodies for you
We are all brothers and sisters, Rosie.

oh goody------I HAVE SISTERS-------I grew up thinking that I have
"only" four brothers-----which at times, as a child, I thought WAS
FAR MORE THAN ENOUGH

Jews have always been a tiny minority everywhere but Israel. Since we are forbidden to proselytize, we will remain a small group. Most people know very
little about Judaism because they rarely meet many Jews and ask questions.
This website is presented for any of you who have questions. I will also answer
any questions you have.

It is important to understand that there are different denominations of Judaism whose practice of Judaism varies a bit.

Judaism 101
Jewish males are not allowed to proselytize.

Jewish females are very good at proselytizing.

I had a Jewish female on top of me once and I was inside of her and she choose that moment to say "Can't you accept that Jesus was a son of God like you and I are sons of God and nothing more and nothing less?"

It sort of ruined the moment. The proper term is anti-climactic.

I told her not to bring up religion while we were boinking.

Any other time and I would be glad to debate with her though.

Jews have always been a tiny minority everywhere but Israel. Since we are forbidden to proselytize, we will remain a small group. Most people know very
little about Judaism because they rarely meet many Jews and ask questions.
This website is presented for any of you who have questions. I will also answer
any questions you have.

It is important to understand that there are different denominations of Judaism whose practice of Judaism varies a bit.

Judaism 101
Jewish males are not allowed to proselytize.

Jewish females are very good at proselytizing.

I had a Jewish female on top of me once and I was inside of her and she choose that moment to say "Can't you accept that Jesus was a son of God like you and I are sons of God and nothing more and nothing less?"

It sort of ruined the moment. The proper term is anti-climactic.

I told her not to bring up religion while we were boinking.

Any other time and I would be glad to debate with her though.
Really?

I always liked it when my hot Jewish partners said "oh god. OHHH GOD

OHGOD. OHGODOHGODOHGODOHGODOHGOO!!!"

Why not?
I taught Hebrew to an engineer at work and he learned to read the blue Pentatuch with Rashi on his own.
So what you are saying is that there is no insistence on Jews proselytizing but there is no law against it either.

And that you believe the "law" only applies to Jews.

Right?

Why not?
So what you are saying is that there is no insistence on Jews proselytizing but there is no law against it either.

Right?

to what 'law' do you refer,, dingbat? I will help----YOU may----without
sin------eat raw clams. ------suck'em up -----right from the shell.

"...Judaism is intensely aware of the power of speech and of the harm that can be done through speech. The rabbis note that the universe itself was created through speech. Of the 43 sins enumerated in the Al Cheit confession recited on Yom Kippur, 11 are sins committed through speech. The Talmud tells that the tongue is an instrument so dangerous that it must be kept hidden from view, behind two protective walls (the mouth and teeth) to prevent its misuse. The harm done by speech is even worse than the harm done by stealing or by cheating someone financially: money lost can be repaid, but the harm done by speech can never be repaired. For this reason, some sources indicate that there is no forgiveness for lashon ha-ra (disparaging speech). This is probably hyperbole, but it illustrates the seriousness of improper speech. A Chasidic tale vividly illustrates the danger of improper speech: A man went about the community telling malicious lies about the rabbi. Later, he realized the wrong he had done, and began to feel remorse. He went to the rabbi and begged his forgiveness, saying he would do anything he could to make amends. The rabbi told the man, "Take a feather pillow, cut it open, and scatter the feathers to the winds." The man thought this was a strange request, but it was a simple enough task, and he did it gladly. When he returned to tell the rabbi that he had done it, the rabbi said, "Now, go and gather the feathers. Because you can no more make amends for the damage your words have done than you can recollect the feathers." Speech has been compared to an arrow: once the words are released, like an arrow, they cannot be recalled, the harm they do cannot be stopped, and the harm they do cannot always be predicted, for words like arrows often go astray..."

Judaism 101: Speech and Lashon Ha-Ra

Why not?

Right?
He was seeking what he never got in Parochial school...the Torah.
The law beyond the Noachides Laws only applies to Jews.
You claim to study Tanach but your knowledge base is poor.

"...Judaism is intensely aware of the power of speech and of the harm that can be done through speech. The rabbis note that the universe itself was created through speech. Of the 43 sins enumerated in the Al Cheit confession recited on Yom Kippur, 11 are sins committed through speech. The Talmud tells that the tongue is an instrument so dangerous that it must be kept hidden from view, behind two protective walls (the mouth and teeth) to prevent its misuse. The harm done by speech is even worse than the harm done by stealing or by cheating someone financially: money lost can be repaid, but the harm done by speech can never be repaired. For this reason, some sources indicate that there is no forgiveness for lashon ha-ra (disparaging speech). This is probably hyperbole, but it illustrates the seriousness of improper speech. A Chasidic tale vividly illustrates the danger of improper speech: A man went about the community telling malicious lies about the rabbi. Later, he realized the wrong he had done, and began to feel remorse. He went to the rabbi and begged his forgiveness, saying he would do anything he could to make amends. The rabbi told the man, "Take a feather pillow, cut it open, and scatter the feathers to the winds." The man thought this was a strange request, but it was a simple enough task, and he did it gladly. When he returned to tell the rabbi that he had done it, the rabbi said, "Now, go and gather the feathers. Because you can no more make amends for the damage your words have done than you can recollect the feathers." Speech has been compared to an arrow: once the words are released, like an arrow, they cannot be recalled, the harm they do cannot be stopped, and the harm they do cannot always be predicted, for words like arrows often go astray..."

Forgiveness is granted when, in the same situation, you don’t commit the same transgression.

yeah? so ------you can cut and paste stuff jews already know as common knowledge ------good for you

yeah? so ------you can cut and paste stuff jews already know as common knowledge ------good for you
That’s the thing...Ding, apparently, has never started from Genesis 1:1.

Right?
He was seeking what he never got in Parochial school...the Torah.
The law beyond the Noachides Laws only applies to Jews.
You claim to study Tanach but your knowledge base is poor.
I have not made any claims. Nor have you directly answered any of my questions.

Forum List

Back