Josh Hawley’s book dropped by Simon & Schuster following Capitol Hill riot

I sound like a person calling you out for only being corporate friendly when they suppress people you don't like.

You sound like a Trump cultist, warped by four years of Trump's assault on the COTUS.

Josh Hawley is free to find another publisher. Or self-publish. If the government was suppressing his book, I'd agree.

But it is not.

No one has the right the force someone else into a contractual agreement. But that's what you are arguing.

No one is forcing you to gleefully spew about his book being suppressed.

you don't want him to find another publisher, you want him silenced, and you don't have the fucking balls to admit it.

You hide behind false respect for free enterprise, because you are a fucking coward.

I could care less whether he finds another publisher. In fact, I'm sure he will. There is always an audience of Fascist loons out there!

Nah, you will gloat about him being denied by another one if it happens, and you want it to happen.

If you don't care about him speaking his mind why gloat they he is being suppressed for his views?

Libs banning books is the same as burning them
Josh Hawley does not have a constitutional right to have his book published by Simon and Schuster.

Maybe you don't know this, but he does.

Who is talking about constitutional issues? Mac is talking about a mindset, and you ignored his point because you don't want to answer it.

Josh Hawley does not have a constitutional right to have his book published by Simon and Schuster.
the Jews burned in ovens were not protected by german law anymore than the books that were burned

And neither are books in America protected from liberals

the Jews burned in ovens were not protected by german law anymore than the books that were burned

And neither are books in America protected from liberals
Jesus Christ. This post is insanity. Why do you value Hawley’s feelings over the constitutional freedoms of Americans?

Who is talking about constitutional issues? Mac is talking about a mindset, and you ignored his point because you don't want to answer it.
Yes, the mindset of a publisher not wanting to be associated with Hawley is the same mindset that led to the Holocaust.

This idea is absolute insanity and you should join me in calling it out.

Hawley is making it a constitutional issue, didn't you see his alligator tear stained statement?

Jesus Christ. This post is insanity. Why do you value Hawley’s feelings over the constitutional freedoms of Americans?
What constitutional freedom?

the right of libs to burn books?

Yes, the mindset of a publisher not wanting to be associated with Hawley is the same mindset that led to the Holocaust.
Exactly what I said

burn books that contain beliefs that libs disagree with and someday they will do the same to human beings

This idea is absolute insanity and you should join me in calling it out.

Hawley is making it a constitutional issue, didn't you see his alligator tear stained statement?

No, it's the same mindset as book burning. destroying ideas you don't like, so you don't have to hear/read them, and more importantly, others can't even if they wanted to.

He said an assault on the first amendment, not violating it.

ErKrcNBXEAMuOhx

And I doubt he will be suing on constitutional grounds but on breach of contract.

No, it's the same mindset as book burning. destroying ideas you don't like, so you don't have to hear/read them, and more importantly, others can't even if they wanted to.
Insane. You can't demand someone publish your book if they don't want to. And not wanting to publish someone's book doesn't mean you're "destroying their ideas", it means you don't want to be associated with them.

Hawley is mad that no one wants to be his friend so he's hiding behind the first amendment which has nothing to do with this. He is free to stand on a corner and speak and even to whine because someone doesn't want to support his speech, which is exactly what he's doing. But that doesn't make it true. He has no basis for his complaint.

Insane. You can't demand someone publish your book if they don't want to. And not wanting to publish someone's book doesn't mean you're "destroying their ideas", it means you don't want to be associated with them.

Hawley is mad that no one wants to be his friend so he's hiding behind the first amendment which has nothing to do with this. He is free to stand on a corner and speak and even to whine because someone doesn't want to support his speech, which is exactly what he's doing. But that doesn't make it true. He has no basis for his complaint.

If he had a contract with them he sure as hell can. I doubt they can drop the contract because they don't like him now.

Yesterday, Joshie claimed (predictably) "counter culture" and "a violation of the first amendment". Sorry dude, Simon and Schuster is not part of the government and they are free to do whatever the hell they damn please. Perhaps that raised fist of yours and the entire coup attempt in the Senate were very bad ideas. Now, you're done. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. :)

At least one person is facing consequences as a result of Wednesday’s riot on Capitol Hill: Sen. Josh Hawley, R-Mo., has lost his book deal.​
Hawley’s “The Tyranny of Big Tech,” a book critical of big tech corporations including Google and Facebook, was set to publish in June. But Thursday, publisher Simon & Schuster, in a press release posted to its website, announced it would no longer be publishing Hawley’s book.​
The statement reads: “After witnessing the disturbing, deadly insurrection that took place on Wednesday in Washington, D.C., Simon & Schuster has decided to cancel publication of Senator Josh Hawley’s forthcoming book, THE TYRANNY OF BIG TECH. We did not come to this decision lightly. As a publisher it will always be our mission to amplify a variety of voices and viewpoints: at the same time we take seriously our larger public responsibility as citizens, and cannot support Senator Hawley after his role in what became a dangerous threat to our democracy and freedom.”​

Fascists cannot tolerate opposition

Forum List

Back