Jonathan Turley: Statements By Capitol Police Officer Who Killed Ashli Babbitt ‘Demolish the Two Official Reviews That Cleared Him’

With all due respect...the claim that that officer feared for his life and therefore had the right to shoot an unarmed person is a load of crap! In order to make that leap of logic you have to assume that the protesters who just let police walk away from in FRONT of those doors so they wouldn't be harmed would have been turned into a violent mob as soon as they breached those doors! Does that make sense to you? It doesn't to me. Were protesters in other parts of the Capital violent? Did any protesters harm any members of Congress?

I'm sorry but you don't get to shoot an unarmed person because you think they MIGHT become violent later on! That's absurd!
Yeah, only 150+ officers got hurt that day...no reason to believe....your lying ass.

"Politifact's irrelevant reporting of Trump is not on topic."
--------------------------------------------------------------
You know, poster CA, that is exactly what I was concerned about. That you wouldn't read the Politifacts reportage.

If you had you would promptly recognize that the headline with "Trump" in it was only tangentially a part of the reportage.

If you had read it you would know that the piece was a wide-ranging explanation of what happened, how it happened, and to a degree.....why it happened. And then the basis for the resulting decisions by the Board and the DOJ that exonerated the officer.

Really, we sincerely meant it.....when my avatar advised you to read the piece. If you had taken that tip....well, then you would know exactly what we are referring to.

So, there is still time to read it.
And we remain convinced that your discussions of the incident would benefit by that reportage. And you'll promptly realize that the reportage is very much "on topic" with the OP.

Go ahead, give it a try.
Let us know, what you think.

After you have read it.

"You were told to take your off topic politinofact crap and shove it. Really. We mean it."
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Ah, good poster "lantern"...... we would suggest to you too, that reading the Politifact reportage should inform you on salient details of the incident.

It really is good reportage. What we've all grown to expect out of both the Poynter Institute, and Politifacts.

Really, I mean it.
Read it.
You can find a link up in post #209.

Let us know what you think.

After you have actually read it.

Good luck.

"Blatant lies. No surprise. Show your proof of Babbitt charging officers. That never happened. Amazing how you leftards have to lie like crazy to protect your precious feelings."
"Show your proof of Babbitt charging officers. That never happened."

Well, word choice is always subjective. But, based on the videos I saw, it certainly looked like a "charge" to me. My poor avatar would point to everybody's Funk & Wagnalls, or Google, your choice. To wit: "Charge' ---a headlong rush forward"

So the live-at-the-time Babbit charged towards the officers who had told her to stop (she chose not to); who told her to leave (she chose not to do that either); who told her to retreat (ditto, she chose not to)......and thus, after those unfortunate choices by the still-alive Babbit she made a "headlong rush forward".

That, in my opinion, seems undeniable.
Per the videos I have seen.

Go ahead. Check 'em out.

Here, read this:

I don't rely on "Politifact". Neither should anyone else. It's terribly biased. Always has been. Progressives like you use it as a "fact check" when in reality it's a liberally slanted site that tells you what you want to hear!

Well, word choice is always subjective. But, based on the videos I saw, it certainly looked like a "charge" to me. My poor avatar would point to everybody's Funk & Wagnalls, or Google, your choice. To wit: "Charge' ---a headlong rush forward"

So the live-at-the-time Babbit charged towards the officers who had told her to stop (she chose not to); who told her to leave (she chose not to do that either); who told her to retreat (ditto, she chose not to)......and thus, after those unfortunate choices by the still-alive Babbit she made a "headlong rush forward".

Go ahead. Check 'em out.
In what video did Babbit "charge" anyone? Show us what you're referring to. Either that or admit that you've never actually SEEN a video of what happened and you're just parroting what you heard from the biased sources you frequent!

Go ahead. Check 'em out.
Show us at what point in any video a Police officer telling Ashli Babbitt to "stop", "leave" or "retreat"! Tell us what video shows that and the time line in that video where this takes place!

I don't rely on "Politifact". Neither should anyone else. It's terribly biased. Always has been. Progressives like you use it as a "fact check" when in reality it's a liberally slanted site that tells you what you want to hear!
Yeah, they've only won many awards for their fact checking including a Pulitzer.

Yeah, only 150+ officers got hurt that day...no reason to believe....your lying ass.
150 officers were injured trying to keep protesters out of the Capital. Hundreds of protesters were injured trying to get into the Capital. The protesters at the door where Ashli Babbitt was shot had just allowed the Police stationed outside of the door to leave so they wouldn't get hurt. Quite obviously they aren't there to hurt anyone...they're there to stop a proceeding that they believe is illegitimate. Show me one instance where the protesters injured Police or members of Congress once they were inside of the Capital building! You can't...

Show us at what point in any video a Police officer telling Ashli Babbitt to "stop", "leave" or "retreat"! Tell us what video shows that and the time line in that video where this takes place!
I think He is discussing it with his avatar. Neither of them have cleaned the stomach window so they can't see.

150 officers were injured trying to keep protesters out of the Capital. Hundreds of protesters were injured trying to get into the Capital. The protesters at the door where Ashli Babbitt was shot had just allowed the Police stationed outside of the door to leave so they wouldn't get hurt. Quite obviously they aren't there to hurt anyone...they're there to stop a proceeding that they believe is illegitimate. Show me one instance where the protesters injured Police or members of Congress once they were inside of the Capital building! You can't...
Or that any firearms were found on ANYONE.

Or that any firearms were found on ANYONE.
A person with handgun at the Capitol had been arrested.

Indiana Man Arrested for Carrying a Gun and Assaulting Law Enforcement in Jan. 6 Capitol Breach

According to court documents, Mazza brought a Taurus revolver, loaded with three shotgun shells and two hollow point bullets, to the Capitol. The gun was recovered in the West Front Terrace area shortly after 2:30 p.m.

At least one person in the crowd of "unarmed" protesters was carrying this.

The Taurus Judge is a revolver that is chambered for both the 410 shotshells and the legendary 45 Colt round. It is a five shot cannon that is massive in size and weight.

At least one person in the crowd of "unarmed" protesters was carrying this.

The Taurus Judge is a revolver that is chambered for both the 410 shotshells and the legendary 45 Colt round. It is a five shot cannon that is massive in size and weight.
Was that protester ever inside of the Capital building, Gene?
The attempts by the left to paint that as an "armed" protest are laughable at best!

A person with handgun at the Capitol had been arrested.

Indiana Man Arrested for Carrying a Gun and Assaulting Law Enforcement in Jan. 6 Capitol Breach

According to court documents, Mazza brought a Taurus revolver, loaded with three shotgun shells and two hollow point bullets, to the Capitol. The gun was recovered in the West Front Terrace area shortly after 2:30 p.m.
So Mazza had a gun EARLIER but didn't have it with him when the Capital building was "breached"? Thanks for clearing that up, Gene!

It's rather amusing to watch you on the left still attempt to paint this as an "armed insurrection" when the few people that brought guns all left them outside when they went to protest. I assume they felt the need to bring protection to a dangerous city like Washington DC rather than forcibly overthrow the government.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back