Jon Stewart Hammers Ed Schultz for Race-Baiting Deceptive Edit

According to the May Nielson ratings, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart beat the entire Fox News network in terms of total viewers. Stewart averaged 2.3 million viewers, while the Fox News prime time and day time line up averaged 1.85 million viewers.

According to Comedy Central, The Daily Show is dominant in its time slot,

For the month of May 2011, “The Daily Show” averaged 2.3 million total viewers and a 1.2 P18-49 rating. Versus May 2010, “The Daily Show” grew an astounding +19% in total viewers, with incredible double-digit ratings growth across all key demos including P18-49 (up +21%), P18-34 (+22%), P18-24 (+21%), M18-34 (+18%) and M18-24 (+21%).

“The Daily Show’s” 1.344 million P18-49 viewers led all late night talk shows in the demo for the month and, with a 2011 YTD average of 1.25 million P18-49 viewers, “The Daily Show” trails only “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno” (1.27 million P18-49 viewers) in the benchmark demographic for the calendar year crown.

While Stewart is on the rise, Fox News had a really, really bad May. Total viewership was down 10%, and Fox News lost viewers in the 25-54 demo in every prime time show. Bill O’Reilly was down 9%, Sean Hannity was down 6%, and Greta Van Susteren dropped 12%.

Just how big is the disparity between Jon Stewart and Fox News?

Jon Stewart

Jon Stewart is a news organization ?

Get back to your box of ding-dongs and pleasuring yourself on the Internets, stupid.

Who is Jon Stewart ?

Who is Ed (Sgt.) Schultz ?

So far down in the shitter/ratings, can't seem to locate them

Well, thanks for giving proof that you are, in fact, living under a rock.

Well, thanks for giving proof that you in fact pay attention to mindless imbeciles like Stewart & Schultz.

Not only does she/it pay attention, but defends women-hating racist/bigots like Ed (Sgt.) Schultz.

Well, thanks for giving proof that you are, in fact, living under a rock.

Well, thanks for giving proof that you in fact pay attention to mindless imbeciles like Stewart & Schultz.

Not only does she/it pay attention, but defends women-hating racist/bigots like Ed (Sgt.) Schultz.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_PZPpWTRTU&feature=player_detailpage]Mr. Ed - Intro (Opening Theme) - YouTube[/ame]

According to the May Nielson ratings, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart beat the entire Fox News network in terms of total viewers. Stewart averaged 2.3 million viewers, while the Fox News prime time and day time line up averaged 1.85 million viewers.

According to Comedy Central, The Daily Show is dominant in its time slot,

For the month of May 2011, “The Daily Show” averaged 2.3 million total viewers and a 1.2 P18-49 rating. Versus May 2010, “The Daily Show” grew an astounding +19% in total viewers, with incredible double-digit ratings growth across all key demos including P18-49 (up +21%), P18-34 (+22%), P18-24 (+21%), M18-34 (+18%) and M18-24 (+21%).

“The Daily Show’s” 1.344 million P18-49 viewers led all late night talk shows in the demo for the month and, with a 2011 YTD average of 1.25 million P18-49 viewers, “The Daily Show” trails only “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno” (1.27 million P18-49 viewers) in the benchmark demographic for the calendar year crown.

While Stewart is on the rise, Fox News had a really, really bad May. Total viewership was down 10%, and Fox News lost viewers in the 25-54 demo in every prime time show. Bill O’Reilly was down 9%, Sean Hannity was down 6%, and Greta Van Susteren dropped 12%.

Just how big is the disparity between Jon Stewart and Fox News?

Jon Stewart

Taking a look at the ratings of cable shows something struck me as rather telling...even amongst MSNBC's liberal fan base there seems to be an aversion to Ed Shultz. Look at the drop off from Rachel Maddow's show in the time slot before him.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/08/19/cable-news-ratings-for-thursday-august-18-2011/100826/

NBC is inciting an awful lot of hate & violence these days. When or if something terrible happens,i hope they will be held accountable. The Left's irrational hate-rhetoric is now becoming downright dangerous.

I'm a conservative, but I enjoy Jon Stewart's show. He's always funny and entertaining. He's smart too.

Yeah, he's a liberal . . . but he's honest and doesn't tolerate dishonest rhetoric from either side of the political divide. Naturally, at times, he perceives dishonesty where none exits on the right, but that goes to his biases, not to any intentional misrepresentation; that is to say, most liberals don't really understand conservatism. But he's not always wrong either: there's plenty of real dishonesty and stupidity among Republicans too.

In short, I respect his perspective.

How lazy or stupid or incompetent do you have to be to not get that right.I didn't see it myself but heard that the Good Rev.Al Sharpton played the race card on that as well doing the same thing that Schultz did.

Who doesn't the deranged Left call "Racists" these days? I think most common sense thinking people are sick of the Left's tired shit. Time for them to go. See ya in 2012.

Forum List

Back