Letitia James Faces Growing Pressure to Prosecute Jon Stewart over Property Overvaluation

The investors leaving aren't all "guys on the right" you fucking retard.

It's people that care about their bottom line and liabilities.

So they are crooks who are lying on official forms and are running to the Red States where Big Business is protected?

So they are crooks who are lying on official forms and are running to the Red States where Big Business is protected?
We're done here. I'm not dealing with your disingenuous retardation, you fucking cretin.

Your post would be categorized as a false monochotomy fallacy. There are almost infinite other options

than the singular retarded one you specified.

A couple of other fallacies apply to your shitpost as well, but you're not worth the time, cupcake.

"Definition: In false dichotomy, the arguer sets up the situation so it looks like there are only two choices. The arguer then eliminates one of the choices, so it seems that we are left with only one option: the one the arguer wanted us to pick in the first place. But often there are really many different options, not just two—and if we thought about them all, we might not be so quick to pick the one the arguer recommends."

Last edited:
We're done here. I'm not dealing with your disingenuous retardation, you fucking cretin.

Your post would be categorized as a false monochotomy fallacy. There are almost infinite other options

than the singular retarded one you specified.

Look. You are saying that these people are leaving New York because they are afraid that they will be busted for what Trump got busted for.

That claim only makes sense if they are doing the same thing.

People who have sex aren’t afraid of being charged with rape. They aren’t doing that. People who drive the speed limit and obey traffic laws aren’t afraid of getting a ticket.

But you say that isn’t the case. We are told that Trump did nothing wrong. He just did the same thing others did. He massively inflated his value for loans. He pointed to his wealth and said he deserved a favorable rate for those loans since he was worth so much.

If you aren’t doing that, why would you be afraid?

So maybe you guys are right. Maybe Trump didn’t do anything different than any other business does. Maybe they are all lying on those loan applications and inflating their value to get good rates.

If so, I could certainly see a reason to be afraid. And like the outlaws of old, fleeing the jurisdiction to reach safety is a good idea. It’s worked for many people even today. Roman Polanski and of course Snowden come to mind. How many outlaws ran to the Mexican Border in the old west? Or just crossed state or territory borders to avoid punishment?

I’m saying maybe you on the Right are correct. Maybe Trump didn’t do anything differently than any other business.

Look. You are saying that these people are leaving New York because they are afraid that they will be busted for what Trump got busted for.

That claim only makes sense if they are doing the same thing.

People who have sex aren’t afraid of being charged with rape. They aren’t doing that. People who drive the speed limit and obey traffic laws aren’t afraid of getting a ticket.

But you say that isn’t the case. We are told that Trump did nothing wrong. He just did the same thing others did. He massively inflated his value for loans. He pointed to his wealth and said he deserved a favorable rate for those loans since he was worth so much.

If you aren’t doing that, why would you be afraid?

So maybe you guys are right. Maybe Trump didn’t do anything different than any other business does. Maybe they are all lying on those loan applications and inflating their value to get good rates.

If so, I could certainly see a reason to be afraid. And like the outlaws of old, fleeing the jurisdiction to reach safety is a good idea. It’s worked for many people even today. Roman Polanski and of course Snowden come to mind. How many outlaws ran to the Mexican Border in the old west? Or just crossed state or territory borders to avoid punishment?

I’m saying maybe you on the Right are correct. Maybe Trump didn’t do anything differently than any other business.
Not busted, moron.

Having their assets wrongfully tied up and/or siezed by a corrupt government.

That's what most sane people with sense see happening. Apparently that doesn't apply to you.

I doubt it. We are talking about you guys on the right. The ones who insisted that random stops and searches were a good thing. Nothing to fear if you have nothing to hide. I don’t suppose that would sound the least bit familiar.
Ummmm, I never said that. You need to check your sources. And james has already filed a lawsuit against a meat packing company for fraud, even though their stated goal is YEARS out into the future. So, yet again, this corrupt politician is drunk with power, and filing lawsuits that have no merit.

Selling your house, is the same as applying for a loan....is that what you are actually claiming? Please explain!

In as far as both require an appraisal, yes.

Have you even bothered to think how Trump allegedly changed the values of the appraisals the banks did for his properties? How do you think that was accomplished? Please explain.

Would you assume that those investors that took their trillions out of the state did so because they were illegally obtaining bank loans and didn’t want to get caught?
No, I imagine it's a combination of several factors, Slade. First of all by moving to a State with a lower tax rate they save millions in taxes. Secondly, when the quality of life for a companies employees becomes impacted by high crime due to progressive policies it becomes attractive to move to other safer places. Last of all, as Kevin O'Leary pointed out, nobody in their right mind would think of investing in a locale where an activist Attorney General could indict them because she doesn't like their politics and an activist judge could levy massive fines against them.

All of this underscores WHY investors are leaving NY and why new investors aren't considering going there! Painting them as criminals isn't going to change that...but you on the left will do THAT rather than admit that the things you've been doing in New York has turned it into "Loser" State!

She will not succeed. If she does, NY loses much more than she'll be getting out of Trump.
Your question is retarded. Do you think you'll go 1 knuckle deep or 2 knuckles deep in the nose while picking your boogers today?
She already succeeded. Trump was found guilty.

Avoiding my question again to ask about picking my nose ain’t making you sound any smarter. You don’t have the wits to answer a simple question. Thats sad.

I’ll go half a nail deep during my next pick. See answering retarded questions is not hard

The amount of investment cash that will no longer come to New York is orders of magnitude larger than the fictional "losses" that James claims Trump cost New York.

And it will do nothing but get worse.
And you think all this is going to happen because of the Trump lawsuit?

No, I imagine it's a combination of several factors, Slade. First of all by moving to a State with a lower tax rate they save millions in taxes. Secondly, when the quality of life for a companies employees becomes impacted by high crime due to progressive policies it becomes attractive to move to other safer places. Last of all, as Kevin O'Leary pointed out, nobody in their right mind would think of investing in a locale where an activist Attorney General could indict them because she doesn't like their politics and an activist judge could levy massive fines against them.

All of this underscores WHY investors are leaving NY and why new investors aren't considering going there! Painting them as criminals isn't going to change that...but you on the left will do THAT rather than admit that the things you've been doing in New York has turned it into "Loser" State!
Your first two points are valid and why businesses have been leaving New York and Cali for the past decade. Nothing to do with Trump.

The last point about an activist AG prosecuting because of politics… that’s a spin job. Trump was prosecuted for committing crimes which were found by presenting evidence in court.

Saying that enforcing laws is going to drive away investors is a weak argument and excuse. Find something better

Your first two points are valid and why businesses have been leaving New York and Cali for the past decade. Nothing to do with Trump.

The last point about an activist AG prosecuting because of politics… that’s a spin job. Trump was prosecuted for committing crimes which were found by presenting evidence in court.

Saying that enforcing laws is going to drive away investors is a weak argument and excuse. Find something better
Not the case, Slade...Trump was indicted by an activist AG who campaigned on a promise to charge Trump. That literally is grounds for dismissal of this case. What Letitia James has done in New York reminds me of the Stalin era of the Soviet Union...specifically Beria the head of the Secret Police who said "Show me the man and I'll find you the crime!" James has indicted Trump on something that most developers do and none of THEM have ever been charged! That is the epitome of Selective Prosecution and it's obvious that is the case because Governor Kathy Hochul was quick to assure other investors that ONLY Trump was going to be charged for that "crime"!

In as far as both require an appraisal, yes.

Have you even bothered to think how Trump allegedly changed the values of the appraisals the banks did for his properties? How do you think that was accomplished? Please explain.
The banks require a special property asset form, listing any appraisals, any conditions attached to the properties, any mortgages already on the properties and for how much, any deed restrictions, any rental control restrictions and any kind of condition that could affect the appraisals of the properties, including conditions that may change the banks own appraisals.

A certified public accounting firm is suppose to fill out this form and certify its asset related conditions, and value estimates of the assets.... which the Certified Public Accounting firm did...but later in the trial evidence was presented that showed that the Trump org provided false information to the accountants, and Trump's CFO Weisselberg tried to take the blame but it was revealed that Donald Trump himself is the one that signed off on the crap given to the Accounting Firm that was false.

The Accounting firm that the Trump Org hired, severed their ties with Trump when it was revealed in court....

So, as a non expert on this stuff...it appears that banks do rely on this special assets form filled out by Certified Public Accountants that is required for the borrower, ....to get information that their bank appraisers may not have easy access to....?

The banks require a special property asset form, listing any appraisals, any conditions attached to the properties, any mortgages already on the properties and for how much, any deed restrictions, any rental control restrictions and any kind of condition that could affect the appraisals of the properties, including conditions that may change the banks own appraisals.

A certified public accounting firm is suppose to fill out this form and certify its asset related conditions, and value estimates of the assets.... which the Certified Public Accounting firm did...but later in the trial evidence was presented that showed that the Trump org provided false information to the accountants, and Trump's CFO Weisselberg tried to take the blame but it was revealed that Donald Trump himself is the one that signed off on the crap given to the Accounting Firm that was false.

The Accounting firm that the Trump Org hired, severed their ties with Trump when it was revealed in court....

So, as a non expert on this stuff...it appears that banks do rely on this special assets form filled out by Certified Public Accountants that is required for the borrower, ....to get information that their bank appraisers may not have easy access to....?
As a former appraiser, Care? Banks don't rely on forms filled out by loan applicants over actual appraisals by the appraisers that they've hired to give them an informed estimate on what a property is worth. I never worked off of "special assets form" nor do I know any appraisers who did! The banks were not defrauded by Trump. I'm sorry but they weren't. They did what they always do. Trump's people gave an estimate. The bank's appraisers gave an estimate. An agreement was reached. A loan was made. A loan was repaid on time and in full. I have no idea what James is doing bringing these charges. Since when is "fraud" a victimless crime?

Not the case, Slade...Trump was indicted by an activist AG who campaigned on a promise to charge Trump. That literally is grounds for dismissal of this case. What Letitia James has done in New York reminds me of the Stalin era of the Soviet Union...specifically Beria the head of the Secret Police who said "Show me the man and I'll find you the crime!" James has indicted Trump on something that most developers do and none of THEM have ever been charged! That is the epitome of Selective Prosecution and it's obvious that is the case because Governor Kathy Hochul was quick to assure other investors that ONLY Trump was going to be charged for that "crime"!
Sounds like you are shifting the discussion from New York investors leaving to the validity of prosecution against Trump. Thats fine, I can roll with it I guess. Campaigning to prosecute somebody that an AG believes to be a criminal and a shady business person is not grounds for dismissal of a case. If there as was a known mob boss and an AG ran on fighting crime and prosecuting the mob boss that would not be grounds to dismiss a case brought against the man.

If most developers blatantly lie on loan application forms and provide false information about their properties to banks and the government then that is a crime plain and simple. I don't believe that most developers do that, I don't believe that you know most developers do that and think you are just saying it because you heard somebody else say it. Everybody does high appraisals for sales purposes and low appraisals for tax purposes, much of that is done through opinion and arguments regarding comps, market value, financial forecasts, wear and tear etc. None of that is illegal and is quite different than outright lying about square footage at taking it to the extreme measures as Trump was caught doing.

Cops investigate people who they suspect to be committing crimes. Nothing wrong with that, it's their job. If the person is clean then there is no issue. If they are breaking the law then they pay the price. Thats how it works. Law and order. James is obviously not the only person that has found Trump breaking laws. He has been indicted on what, 90+ charges? The dude is a power tripping bully and he has no problems abusing his power to get his way. He is now being held accountable per our laws and judicial system. Nothing even close to the Soviet Union. Don't be dramatic

It's already happening, dummy.
What you say is happening has been happening for over a decade in places like NY and Cali. Businesses are moving for tax reasons, real estate prices, and remote work opportunities. You can cherry pick a few examples of Trump supporters that looked for a buzz on Fox News but show me the overall spike or drop of real impact. Do you have stats or just news reports from Fox and OAN?

Sounds like you are shifting the discussion from New York investors leaving to the validity of prosecution against Trump. Thats fine, I can roll with it I guess. Campaigning to prosecute somebody that an AG believes to be a criminal and a shady business person is not grounds for dismissal of a case. If there as was a known mob boss and an AG ran on fighting crime and prosecuting the mob boss that would not be grounds to dismiss a case brought against the man.

If most developers blatantly lie on loan application forms and provide false information about their properties to banks and the government then that is a crime plain and simple. I don't believe that most developers do that, I don't believe that you know most developers do that and think you are just saying it because you heard somebody else say it. Everybody does high appraisals for sales purposes and low appraisals for tax purposes, much of that is done through opinion and arguments regarding comps, market value, financial forecasts, wear and tear etc. None of that is illegal and is quite different than outright lying about square footage at taking it to the extreme measures as Trump was caught doing.

Cops investigate people who they suspect to be committing crimes. Nothing wrong with that, it's their job. If the person is clean then there is no issue. If they are breaking the law then they pay the price. Thats how it works. Law and order. James is obviously not the only person that has found Trump breaking laws. He has been indicted on what, 90+ charges? The dude is a power tripping bully and he has no problems abusing his power to get his way. He is now being held accountable per our laws and judicial system. Nothing even close to the Soviet Union. Don't be dramatic
The laws Trump broke are in place to protect investors. Banks, capital groups, etc. So the talking point that investors would leave NY because of this is stupid, and the paid liars spreading it know it is stupid. It's fodder for Trumpanzees.

The laws Trump broke are in place to protect investors. Banks, capital groups, etc. So the talking point that investors would leave NY because of this is stupid, and the paid liars spreading it know it is stupid. It's fodder for Trumpanzees.
Its just comical to act like all the investors have been intentionally committing fraud as normal business practice and now they are going to leave and go somewhere else because NY is prosecuting for it.

Where are they going to go, Florida? Is business fraud allowed there? The whole thing is silly but its interesting to engage with people who try and defend it. Just need to keep the facts straight which many of them have a hard time doing. They see a headline that supports their argument and they just repeat it with zero vetting.

Forum List

Back