Jon Stewart Eviscerates Rand Paul for Blocking 9/11 Victim Funding

" Make sure the cost is offset with other spending cuts...." ? C'mon Rand. WTF is wrong with you ?
Jon Stewart Eviscerates Rand Paul for Blocking 9/11 Victim Funding

Wants to balance the budget.

So what?

Soldiers don't even get what these people are getting. First responder jobs are inherently dangerous. Oddly enough so are MANY other professions that don't get catered to for life when bad shit happens.
What are we up to 40 billion? When is it going to be enough?

This is not new with Rand Paul unlike most politicians he will take the unpopular position.
What's unpopular about finding a spending offset?
Holding up a bill that provides the 9-11 first responders help is not going to be popular. I understand his reasoning behind what he’s doing but it’s still not going to be popular.
Popular is for liberoidal emotion appealers...Popularity is how we got asswagons like Clintoon and Oboingo.
This really has nothing to with liberal or conservative or emotion it has to do with helping those who gave so much on 9-11. Paul has legitimate point about offsetting spend cuts in other less essential programs or departments but I really don’t think those first responders should have to pay more of a price than they already have. If we as nation can’t agree on that then we truly can’t agree on anything.

This is not new with Rand Paul unlike most politicians he will take the unpopular position.
Holding up a bill that provides the 9-11 first responders help is not going to be popular. I understand his reasoning behind what he’s doing but it’s still not going to be popular.
Popular is for liberoidal emotion appealers...Popularity is how we got asswagons like Clintoon and Oboingo.
This really has nothing to with liberal or conservative or emotion it has to do with helping those who gave so much on 9-11. Paul has legitimate point about offsetting spend cuts in other less essential programs or departments but I really don’t think those first responders should have to pay more of a price than they already have. If we as nation can’t agree on that then we truly can’t agree on anything.
Then I guess we can’t agree on anything.

This is a question. The jobs can be dangerous. But people run to these jobs if they can get them. And in many areas the danger is minimal. 9/11 was a "it sucks to be you " day for the people who died. Not the norm on that day and frankly with all of the money we spend on military and national law enforcement and national security with a bunch of alphabet names.... this was an embarrassment. Those jobs pay well. The dangers known by the people involved. And the experience of real policing and firefighting and other things can be asked also by a percentage of those employees. Although it may have not have made much of a difference or maybe less employees would have died. Local,state and federal seem to be juicing up the payouts. What happens if one of the Prog friends detonates a radiation bomb in a city?

Then that is pretty sad commentary on where we are as nation.

Then that is pretty sad commentary on where we are as nation.
You could always relent on your position in the matter. We as a nation have payed out plenty enough money by now; for what was a localized event. Let NY pick up the tab from here on out.

This has everything to do with appeal to emotion....That is exactly what Leibowitz is doing and you're falling for it.

This is also why I gave up on republicans back in 1990s....They would rather capitulate on the underlying principles, so as to not get decried as mean spirited, hard hearted, cat kicking meanies that liberoidals and the media accuse them of being.

All we need to do is make a cut in some government program and then we can give it all to the first responders. I do not think we need to keep increasing government spending.

All we need to do is make a cut in some government program and then we can give it all to the first responders. I do not think we need to keep increasing government spending.

So where’s the offset for Trump’s tax cut to the 1%?

Would love to know, we need to cut spending in all of our government programs, end corporate welfare, rid ourselves of public broadcasting, Amtrak and other programs. Then cut spending by 25% across the board. Then we need to raise taxes on all Americans to get our debt down. Trump has failed miserably in cutting the national debt. Until a real leader steps up to the plate we will continue to be worse off year by year and the debt will keep mounting. I know of no candidate that has even approached cutting our national debt.

The "offset" is in higher employment and more taxpayers....But you already knew that and just needed an opportunity to invoke your tired out "1%" trope.

Jon Stewert is a coward. It isnt brave to suck up to power. He would become a quivering mess if he found himself even for a day in the the shoes of a typical American standing against the rich, wealthy, powerful cabal opposed to us. That goes for most liberals. They love being on the side of power.
Earth to DOTR.....Jon Stewart is the one standing up to power.
Your twisted view of reality has nothing to do with this subject, so run along and
walk your dog or something.

He toes the line set by power. He wouldn't know what to do if hew woke up and found himself on the wrong side. Whimper and beg to be let back in probably.

Jon Stewert is a coward. It isnt brave to suck up to power. He would become a quivering mess if he found himself even for a day in the the shoes of a typical American standing against the rich, wealthy, powerful cabal opposed to us. That goes for most liberals. They love being on the side of power.
Earth to DOTR.....Jon Stewart is the one standing up to power.
Your twisted view of reality has nothing to do with this subject, so run along and
walk your dog or something.
He's not standing up to it...He's going begging to it under the cover of the appeal to emotion.

You're falling for it just like liberoidals do.

Liberals are known for their cowardly willingness to speak power to truth.

Stewart's ruins his argument by citing the myth that the Trump tax cuts have caused an increase in the deficit and the debt. That is nonsense.

Forum List

Back