Joint Bases

CSM

Jul 7, 2004
Northeast US
http://www.gazette.com/articles/air_22001___article.html/force_joint.html

Air Force, other services argue over joint bases
By TOM PHILPOTT
May 6, 2007 - 6:41PM

Defense officials are refereeing a control-and-culture clash between the Air Force and its sister services over a requirement to create 12 “joint bases” out of 25.

The 25 bases, it seems, already are run by their favorite service. The mandate for joint bases is part of the 2005 Base Realignment and Closure plan, which became law in November of that year. The Air Force is to manage six joint-base sites, the Navy four and the Army two.

But the Air Force, which for decades has spent more proportionally on quality-of-life programs and facilities, is wringing its hands and, critics contend, dragging its feet over the prospect of giving the Army control of McChord Air Force Base, Wash., and the Navy control of Hickham AFB, Hawaii; Bolling AFB, Washington, D.C.; and Anderson Air Base in Guam.

Hmm...jokes about Air Force living in comparison to the other services may have some merit!

absolutely....their O Clubs were always THE most posh..... every base with a top notch golf course.... and then they would run out of money and need a supplemental budget to complete the runway.
:rofl:

absolutely....their O Clubs were always THE most posh..... every base with a top notch golf course.... and then they would run out of money and need a supplemental budget to complete the runway.
:rofl:

no kidding! I work with all three services and the Air Force is the snobbiest by far. They shut down the base when the air conditioning goes on the fritz...it's hillarious.

true story: when I was at Annapolis, it was against the regs for mids to sell food items to one another, but enterprising guys would break the rules and sell hotdogs at night for guys staying up late studying. They would push open your door and say "hotdogs, anyone" and you would say yes or no.....

during my second class (junior) year, I did an exchange weekend at the Air Force Academy..... I was in this room with two "zoomies"... the door pushed open and a guy peeked his head in and asked "nickel bags, anyone?"

true story: when I was at Annapolis, it was against the regs for mids to sell food items to one another, but enterprising guys would break the rules and sell hotdogs at night for guys staying up late studying. They would push open your door and say "hotdogs, anyone" and you would say yes or no.....

during my second class (junior) year, I did an exchange weekend at the Air Force Academy..... I was in this room with two "zoomies"... the door pushed open and a guy peeked his head in and asked "nickel bags, anyone?"

I am willing to bet he wasn't selling pretzels. Of all the military academies, the AF academy seems to have to most problems (easy to say since I haven't paid much attention to them recently).

no...his offering was definitely "herbal" in nature.

and while USAFA has had its problems, USNA seems to be catching a lot of press for sexually aggressive indiscretions lately.

no...his offering was definitely "herbal" in nature.

and while USAFA has had its problems, USNA seems to be catching a lot of press for sexually aggressive indiscretions lately.

Hmm..I remember "tailhook" and a certain SMA being involved in some indescration too...must be a military thing! (sarcasm folks).

Hmm..I remember "tailhook" and a certain SMA being involved in some indescration too...must be a military thing! (sarcasm folks).
we like the ladies and how many of them have told you that they get moist at the sight of a man in uniform? :rofl:

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
we like the ladies and how many of them have told you that they get moist at the sight of a man in uniform? :rofl:

LOL...more than one and less than 100...I refuse to narrow it down an further or provide more details on the grounds I may incriminate myself.

I, for one, always made sure I stayed away from those downtown women and always made a beeline for the nearest Christian Science Reading Room whenever I hit a foreign port!

I, for one, always made sure I stayed away from those downtown women and always made a beeline for the nearest Christian Science Reading Room whenever I hit a foreign port!

I stayed out of those places...to right wing extremist for me....I went to the home for unwed mothers and tried to contribute as much as I could.

I stayed out of those places...to right wing extremist for me....I went to the home for unwed mothers and tried to contribute as much as I could.

what a gentle and giving soul. Your reward will surely be in heaven.

amen brother. shall we sing a hymn?

How about a few bars of "The Caissons Go Rolling ALong" followed by a short rendition of "Anchors Away"? We can end with humming a few lines of the Marine Hymn just so the Gunnies wont feel left out.

How about a few bars of "The Caissons Go Rolling ALong" followed by a short rendition of "Anchors Away"? We can end with humming a few lines of the Marine Hymn just so the Gunnies wont feel left out.

I was vice president of the Annapolis Glee Club my firstie year..... and still a very servicable tenor.... do you have bass?

Forum List

Back