In Memorium: MSgt Kenneth Mack USMC

pegwinn

Top of the Food Chain
Apr 17, 2004
Texas
This Marine was a brand new SSgt when I was a reasonably salty Gunny. He was the hardest charging young Staff NCO that I was charged with training. Since he was, at that time, a Reservist we only saw each other on drill weekends unless someone was visiting the others town. But he often came around the reserve center to keep up on traffic and made sure his Marines were always locked on. Over the three years that I was on the Inspector-Instructor Staff, Ken matured into a fine example of what Marines require in thier Staff Noncommissioned Officers. He was promoted to Gunnery Sergeant just before I rotated back into the FMF. I was (and still am) definitely proud to have known him.

I got the word today that he was killed in action in An Anbar on 5/5/07. His funeral is tomorrow and there is no way I can get from here to there in time. I met his wife several times and his kids as well. I'm fairly ashamed to admit that I lost contact with them after we parted company.

I was really proud when my unit returned from Iraq in 03 with no casualties. Unfortunitly since then, several Marines who were either subordinates of mine, friends, or both have died in this war.

I am going to light another candle. And then I am going to drink one more time to his memory.

And then I am going to send this to as many members of Congress as I can and ask if they will please take off the gloves and let us win the damn war.

Sorry guys. Just had to blow off some steam.

This Marine was a brand new SSgt when I was a reasonably salty Gunny. He was the hardest charging young Staff NCO that I was charged with training. Since he was, at that time, a Reservist we only saw each other on drill weekends unless someone was visiting the others town. But he often came around the reserve center to keep up on traffic and made sure his Marines were always locked on. Over the three years that I was on the Inspector-Instructor Staff, Ken matured into a fine example of what Marines require in thier Staff Noncommissioned Officers. He was promoted to Gunnery Sergeant just before I rotated back into the FMF. I was (and still am) definitely proud to have known him.

I got the word today that he was killed in action in An Anbar on 5/5/07. His funeral is tomorrow and there is no way I can get from here to there in time. I met his wife several times and his kids as well. I'm fairly ashamed to admit that I lost contact with them after we parted company.

I was really proud when my unit returned from Iraq in 03 with no casualties. Unfortunitly since then, several Marines who were either subordinates of mine, friends, or both have died in this war.

I am going to light another candle. And then I am going to drink one more time to his memory.

And then I am going to send this to as many members of Congress as I can and ask if they will please take off the gloves and let us win the damn war.

Feel free to sign my name to that letter. I'm tired of this acting like wimps shit.

S'allright...We can all say a prayer, light a candle and have a drink in their memories.

The world is a little smaller.

Its less brave.

Its honorable.

Its less loving.

Its less beautiful.

This young man sounds like the kind of Americans this country needs.

I didnt know him from anything other than your post pegwinn but I still weep.

These people derserve everything we can muster in return for their service to our country.

They were called and they answered.

They are the ones making the TRUE scarafices.

I so Hope The family knows just how much they are honored in this country.

I hope his children can remember their father.

I hope this country will never take lightly scarafice these Brave young people make for every one of us.

I know I never will take it lightly.

Feel free to sign my name to that letter. I'm tired of this acting like wimps shit.

OORAH, same here, let's do it how it's supposed to be done n get this shit over with.

God bless your friend and fellow Marine, he made the most glorious sacfrice anyone can make and even though I don't know him personally, I am proud of him.

Forum List

Back