Join a Union - be strong

Depends on the union ...

maxresdefault.jpg

I have no idea who this girl is but she gets it completely. Smashes the tory interviewer off the set.

I belonged to a union for a few months back in the day, and they did nothing for me. I left the employment ASAP for a scab job.

Unions are good for those who are mobbed up and are looking for a no-show or no-work job, and they certainly help bartenders at local Italian clubs who make their livings from tips from the business agents and crooked lawyers that are on Big Labor's payroll.

Small wonder your county is in a downward spiral that it will never recover from.

It should serve as a object lesson here.
We are in a state due to conservative policies that favour the rich. The rail strike is part of a summer of discontent that will bring down the government.

People are pissed off and our country needs a reset.

So far teachers,barristers, council workers and public servants are lining up to strike. The tories have fucked everything up.

I belonged to a union for a few months back in the day, and they did nothing for me. I left the employment ASAP for a scab job.

Unions are good for those who are mobbed up and are looking for a no-show or no-work job, and they certainly help bartenders at local Italian clubs who make their livings from tips from the business agents and crooked lawyers that are on Big Labor's payroll.
I suspected that you would have been a scab.

We are in a state due to conservative policies that favour the rich. The rail strike is part of a summer of discontent that will bring down the government.

People are pissed off and our country needs a reset.

So far teachers,barristers, council workers and public servants are lining up to strike. The tories have fucked everything up.

A coin always has two sides. On the one side, the workers want good work conditions, high salaries, benefits etc.

On the other one, it leads to higher spendings on the workforce that are being financed by the customers.

If you work for a large organization and I include middle management in this you need someone to watch your back. In residential construction and landscaping, I made my own deals. But I also spent 20 years working for a large city. It doesn't matter if it is a union or one of those Lawyer Co-ops, you need backup. As the plumber says'' Sh-t goes downhill'' and in a large organization if you are near the bottom it will pile up on you.

Last edited:
It shocks me. Americans are known for their love of freedom. But they get on their knees to suck the bosses cock without a murmur.
I don't understand how they manage that either. A democratic country needs Unions. Work is not democratic which makes it difficult for capitalism to work with democracy and we see sadly capitalism does not manage whether that be before WW2 in the 70's or now. Because capital is not democratic, workers need something which will allow them some ability to stop the Capitalist using them as slaves. That is the Union and I know somewhere while doing my degree I heard said again and again that a Democratic Society has Unions. Countries which try to get rid of Unions are not Democratic. I know Thatcher did not like Democracy. Thatcher to a massive degree got rid of Unions in this country so that most people no longer receive any support and protection. Regan did it in the United States. He did an even better job than Thatcher. It is really typical of that United we stand divided we fall thyme, in that getting rid of Unions has cut working people in two - some of them as you say "they get on their knees to suck the bosses cock". They appear to have done this so much that they sing his praises.

If you work for a large organization and I include middle management in this you need someone to watch your back. In residential construction and landscaping, I made my own deals. But I also spent 20 years working for a large city. It doesn't matter if it is a union or one of those Lawyer Co-ops, you need backup. As the plumber says'' Sh-t goes downhill and in a large organization if you are near the bottom it will pile up on you.''
Decline of unions has lead to an out of kilter society where the rich get richer and the poor get shit on.

Forum List

Back