John Lennon murdered on this day

Had he lived think of the great things he might have accomplished.

I don't know, did you listen to his last album, Double Fantasy? His recordings were banal and uninspired, nothing new. The lyrics were garbage, and Yoko sings. All in all, pretty crappy. Sad note to check out on...

I don't know, did you listen to his last album, Double Fantasy? His recordings were banal and uninspired, nothing new. The lyrics were garbage, and Yoko sings. All in all, pretty crappy. Sad note to check out on...
In case you missed it, this thread is not about his musical abilities.

Last edited:
The Beatles were an important band for a lot of reasons but IMO they are a bit overrated.

Personally I think some of the studio production stuff they did was quite innovative

Agreed, and I am always delighted when a member of the younger generation discovers The Beatles. Truth be told, though, I have been over The Beatles for better than thirty years now.

Look into the background of the mental case. Get informed. Don’t stay dumb.
I leave that staying dumb thing to you.

Why not just come out and say it? Tell us all about the “background” of Mark David Chapman. Feel obligated, however, to make reference and citation to credible sources.

Oh and then tell us how the “state” would have any inclination to murder a recording artist. The motive? The threat he posed?

In case you missed it, this thread is not about his music abilities.

Oh, you think he would have "changed the world?" Why? Because "sleep ins" can solve the worlds problems? Don't be fooled, he would have done nothing more than continue to release mediocre music. He had done nothing for the five years prior to his murder, no music, no activism, nothing. He was a stay at home dad for those five years. That's it, and there's nothing wrong with that. But don't pretend Lennon was the key to World Peace or anything else.

There are other recording artists out there better than Lennon was (and as an artist, I recognize Lennon had talent). Nothing Lennon wrote or performed poses any genuine try dear to “the” state or any state. No state would be so silly as to imagine that Lennon would need to be murdered. That’s just simplistic and infantile fantasy.

Sometime a crazy person does crazy things for no good reason.

Oh, you think he would have "changed the world?" Why? Because "sleep ins" can solve the worlds problems? Don't be fooled, he would have done nothing more than continue to release mediocre music. He had done nothing for the five years prior to his murder, no music, no activism, nothing. He was a stay at home dad for those five years. That's it, and there's nothing wrong with that. But don't pretend Lennon was the key to World Peace or anything else.
Oh please. Lennon was an outspoken critic of the state, plus he had a huge following due to his musical success. So naturally the state feared him. It’s well known by those of us who have researched his life, that the FBI had spied on him for years. If you don’t know any of this, get informed before posting.

Oh please. Lennon was an outspoken critic of the state, plus he had a huge following due to his musical success. So naturally the state feared him. It’s well known by those of us who have researched his life, that the FBI had spied on him for years. If you don’t know any of this, get informed before posting.
Lol. ^ This gimper is a hoot. A whack job. And a worthless poster. But unintentionally amusing.

Had he lived think of the great things he might have accomplished.

Married to a D-List Celebrity doing informercials and reality TV...

... G-d was being kind when he took him.

John-Lennon-Yoko-Ono.jpg

Awww, did I give the fascist a sadz?

Lennon himself described “Imagine” as “virtually the Communist Manifesto, even though I am not particularly a communist and I do not belong to any movement.. But because it is sugarcoated, it is accepted.”

Imagine was the result of the Beatles first contracts with EMI and Brian Epstein who ripped off each Beatle.

I liked John's songs on that album; McCartney II, which was the supposed inspiration for DF, sucked.

Forum List

Back