John Davidson: "conservatives must forge new political identity to reflect our revolutionary moment, we need to stop calling ourselves conservatives!"

They should. They certainly are not conservatives. Not very many of those anymore.

Huge, sobering, important topic, well worth discussing.

It 'is' worth discussing but this board's members are probably incapable of doing that. I'll start us off:

There are only really two political choices and that brings home the fact that Trump's followers are really liberals in their aspirations. However, the aspirations will evaporate away and turn into fascist rage when Trump fails to deliver.

Or 'trumpism' fails to deliver.

• Banned
Naw, I got it. It was a false premise. Which is why I said what I said.
"the problem with predicting the end of the world every day is that sooner or later, you have to deliver" - Roger Ailes, as recalled by Chris Stirewalt

FOX News had a simple but misleading slogan: "fair & balanced: we cover all the news"...their slogan should have been: "We will ruin conservatism with our ugly Tea Party anti-Obama politics"

"the problem with predicting the end of the world every day is that sooner or later, you have to deliver" - Roger Ailes, as recalled by Chris Stirewalt

FOX News had a simple but misleading slogan: "fair & balanced: we cover all the news"...their slogan should have been: "We will ruin conservatism with our ugly Tea Party anti-Obama politics"
I think your country is paying a very heavy price for their behaviour, when it's likely totally for profit, with no concern for the results.

Conservative is not just a political adjective. Conservatives, live, act, speak and spend conservatively, avoiding radical moves, radical speech, support of radical crackpot theories, not speaking just to piss off the other side or rouse the rabble. This is what is the matter with the Trump party, as opposed to conservatives of any party or independent conservatives.

Huge, sobering, important topic, well worth discussing.

There's already a term for their political identity. Fascists. :)

We know conservative policy doesn't work.
So why not just buy into the Trump wing of thinking?

Naw, I got it. It was a false premise. Which is why I said what I said.
part of it is generational, bro

the same people who voted for establishment GOP presidents Nixon, Reagan, and the 2 Bushes don't identify with the Tea Party and Trump

i'll never forget when my grandpa bellowed: "Son, Trump and his supporters are fucking crazy. no fucking way i'm voting for that!"

Conservative is not just a political adjective. Conservatives, live, act, speak and spend conservatively, avoiding radical moves, radical speech, support of radical crackpot theories, not speaking just to piss off the other side or rouse the rabble.
That's the traditional description of 'conservative'. Has it ever been accurate for conservatives more than liberals.
You use the word 'radical' too loosely, even when speaking in the traditional sense, but you nail it when speaking in the sense of what is now ordinary for both liberal and conservative Americans.

Do you think that conservatives ever lived, spoke, spent, or avoided being more radical than liberals.

You need to define what 'radical' means. It's not a description for either side's politics.

conservatives need to find better candidates running for office, for starters

for example, Roger Ailes detested NY's Al D'Amato so much, he once threatened to throw him of a highrise building. yet Ailes ran his campaign for Senate, helping D'Amato beat liberal institution Jacob Javits. D'Amato served for a long time and was a FOX News regular

Ailes also helped Mitch McConnell get elected. can't the Republicans get a better Senate leader than this dusty old dumbass, Moscow Mitch?

That's the traditional description of 'conservative'. Has it ever been accurate for conservatives more than liberals.
You use the word 'radical' too loosely, even when speaking in the traditional sense, but you nail it when speaking in the sense of what is now ordinary for both liberal and conservative Americans.

Do you think that conservatives ever lived, spoke, spent, or avoided being more radical than liberals.

You need to define what 'radical' means. It's not a description for either side's politics.
Neither is conservative, for that matter. Radical is like a feral animal or poisonous snake. You know it when you see and keep your distance, when you can. It is the conservative thing to do. ;)

Call it whatever you want, the core principles of Traditionalist Conservatism are the only thing I will vote for. If any party and/or wants my vote, they need to fully embrace thst Ideology. If not, they will not get my vote.

The GOP now is a group of cold hearted non-egalitarians. They sold out to the industrialist in the 1880s and continue to fight for a better society for the wealthy.

"Unfit For Command" sank Kerry's campaign against Bush

"Clinton Cash" sank Hillary's campaign against Trump

will conservatives rely on bombshell oppo research books to win them elections, or will they develop policies & plans of their own?

liberals get elected to do stuff

conservatives get elected not to do stuff, except maybe go on FOX News!

Call it whatever you want, the core principles of Traditionalist Conservatism are the only thing I will vote for. If any party and/or wants my vote, they need to fully embrace thst Ideology. If not, they will not get my vote.
There is no decision to make....Dims hate America and the law, only one party even closely resembles conservatism and its values.

Forum List

Back