John Candy's "Uncle Buck" is being remade!!! But Uncle Buck is black!!

24 is coming back black too.

These remakes have the same name and that's where it ends.

Nancy Drew was being remade as a tv series. Instead of a white teenage girl in a small town, it would be a 30 something arab woman in a big city police department. Then it occurred to the developers that the concept had nothing to do with Nancy Drew. The project was scrapped.

Not a single remake will ever reach the level of the original.

Guys, don't lose your dicks over it, you still have Honey Boo-Boo.

It's Hollywood so hard up that they need to remake this shitty movie at all?

Now...I'm a fan of Mike Epps. He's a very good comedian. His "DayDay" character in the Friday movies was hilarious.

But....why are so many white characters being remade black???

You should put more dog in your diet.

Hey I didn't know Mertex was a vice ass principal....listen to her reference children as eggs because they aren't fully developednyet..

Now...I'm a fan of Mike Epps. He's a very good comedian. His "DayDay" character in the Friday movies was hilarious.

But....why are so many white characters being remade black???

You should put more dog in your diet.

Nah I'm not Asian.

Hey....is that what you're nibbling on in your avatar??? You fry up some poodle legs and call em "wings"???

To think people were pissed off when they found out this white actor was playing a white guy!

“They seriously couldn’t find a black actor to play Michael Jackson?” tweeted DeRay Mckesson, an American civil rights activist and leader in the “Black Lives Matter” movement.

Imani Gandy wrote, “They cast a white guy to play Michael Jackson. I think we can admit that this whole ‘planet earth’ thing isn’t working out.”

http://pagesix.com/2016/01/27/fans-outraged-a-white-actor-is-playing-michael-jackson/

8139585abd5d0358c12eb1116704e396.jpg

Uncle Buck (2016 TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

View attachment 76609

Remember the classic 1989 movie Uncle Buck!!?? John Candy...a hero of comedy...played Uncle Buck and was hilarious. A Chris Farley character before there was a Chris Farley.

And....IT'S COMING BACK!!! Except....Buck is black?

View attachment 76608
Who cares?

Seriously, the movie is property of a private company, they can do as they like.

I think they should title it Uncle Buck? And make Buck a mentally ill cross dresser who wants to have his penis snipped off.

But....why are so many white characters being remade black??? Why not make original black characters....like Craig and DayDay...or Smoky...in the Friday series?

Don't they have to put a twist on it? Not going to be better than Candy.

I'm assuming that in this version Uncle Buck will have to step in cuz Dad bailed and mom is a crack whore?

:rofl:

The original "Uncle Buck" is one of my favorite movies of all time. Everything about it was perfect; the car, the hat, the school principle. "Bug", the kids, the drunk clown .....a truly perfect gem of a film. Just thinking about it brings a smile to my face!

I believe any remake of this classic is a tall order. I doubt that I would watch it regardless of who was cast. . For me, nobody can compare to John Candy. He is and always will be "Uncle Buck".

That being said- these people are investing their time, effort, and money. The marketplace will decide.

I think we should nuke the entire fucking solar system.

Forum List

Back