Joe Miller's guards handcuff journalist

So now if you are a reporter you are allowed to assault people.

I must have missed the memo.

That's not all you missed. Do you know the difference between an assault and a battery?
Do you know the definition of kidnapping: A willful and intentional detention for an unlawful purpose against ones will and without authority of law.

Generally speaking, a citizen who makes an arrest and detains a person suspected of committing a felony may do so and shall deliver the person in their custody to law enforcement personel without undo delay.
In misdemeanor matters a citizen is well served by calling 911; the actions of private security in the matter as I understand it is at best problematic, and likely a crime (of course this is Alaska, and since they can see Russia from their front porch, who the hell knows what's legal and not).

Man, some of you guys will defend anything. You like to TALK about freedoms until a story like this pops up then some repubs will find ANY reason why freedoms should be taken away.

Must be lawful. The po po did not arrest him the security person when they arrived.

By what lawful authority can you shove people out of the way to ask a candidate if he is a Welfare Queen?

Is this the logic you are relying on?

You know, Mark Sanford was never arrested for illegally using state resources to visit his Argentinian mistress behind his wife's back. Must have been lawful.

Charlie Rangel was never arrested for not paying taxes on his Caribbean getaway. Must have been lawful.

I could do this all day.

The courts will decide, should this journalist press charges, whether it was lawful or not.

Everyone should read this story from the Alaskan Daily Whateverthefuck.

Miller security guards handcuff editor: 2010 Alaska U.S. Senate election | adn.com

This clown running for Senator keeps proving that it's not Miller Time.

i bet there is more to this story than libs want to share with us.....

great puff piece though

Oh, Yeah!! There is more we want to share!!!! :lol:

ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The Anchorage Daily News has filed paperwork to join a lawsuit seeking to make public some personnel files of U.S. Senate candidate Joe Miller when he worked for the Fairbanks North Star Borough.

The Fairbanks Daily News-Miner filed the lawsuit earlier last week.

The Alaska Dispatch filed a separate lawsuit seeking similar material. The lawsuits have been combined.

Miller worked as a part-time borough attorney from 2002 to 2009. Among records sought are details of his departure and records of any disciplinary matters or allegations of misuse of borough property.

The Anchorage Daily News reports the lawsuits claim that certain personnel documents are public under Alaska public-records law.

Miller attorney Thomas Van Flein has said release of the documents would violate the law.

Read more: Newspaper joins lawsuit over candidate records: AP Alaska | adn.com

Alaska’s GI-Joe-bearded windbag Senatorial candidate, Joe Miller, who appears to have run virtually the entire gamut of government aid en route to becoming a staunch, fist-shaking opponent of the welfare state.

Miller’s pomposity and piety with regard to government aid programs has all along been in line with the usual screechingly hysterical self-righteousness Tea Party candidates bring to such matters, railing against Obamacare and other “entitlement” programs and promising to end the “welfare state.”

More Tea Party Hilarity

Feel shared on, as this story isn't going to put you republicans to sleep. :lol:

Tell me, when you get up from the toilet, do you have to turn around and look in there to see what happened?

no, i usually can hear you singing.

why do you ask?

Just thought I'd return the hit and run you did in the other thread a few minutes ago when you called me asshat. Dick nose.

57f77e9b_b3e6_c05f.jpg

Both Mark Sanford and Charlie Rangel were/are investigated by state and Federal authorities, respectively.

OK. But neither were arrested. This thug outfit hired by Miller will also be investigated.

Are you new at this? I'm not talking about forum posting, I'm talking about logic.

The punk was no editor.

I posted the news story from this reporter's rival, the Anchorage Daily News. Didn't read it, did you? It says in the report that this guy who was handcuffed was the editor.

So now if you are a reporter you are allowed to assault people.

I must have missed the memo.

Private security committed assault on a person who pushed back. It's not the journalist that's in hot water at all.

Forum List

Back