Joe Manchin Handed Grim News About Reelection Chances

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Manchin is in deep it appears. I wonder what happened...

Senator Joe Manchin, a West Virginia Democrat, was handed grim news about his popularity on Monday ahead of his potential reelection campaign next year.

Democratic control of the Senate in the 2024 election will hinge on a handful of Democratic-held seats in deeply conservative states, including Manchin in West Virginia. Although the state gave former President Donald Trump, 68 and 69 percent of its vote in 2016 and 2020 respectively, it also reelected Manchin, a former governor who for years enjoyed bipartisan support, by three percentage points in 2018, when a "blue wave" fueled by Trump's unpopularity helped Democrats win in traditionally Republican areas.

Manchin is in deep it appears. I wonder what happened...

Senator Joe Manchin, a West Virginia Democrat, was handed grim news about his popularity on Monday ahead of his potential reelection campaign next year.

Democratic control of the Senate in the 2024 election will hinge on a handful of Democratic-held seats in deeply conservative states, including Manchin in West Virginia. Although the state gave former President Donald Trump, 68 and 69 percent of its vote in 2016 and 2020 respectively, it also reelected Manchin, a former governor who for years enjoyed bipartisan support, by three percentage points in 2018, when a "blue wave" fueled by Trump's unpopularity helped Democrats win in traditionally Republican areas.
This isn't very surprising as he gears up to be the next president of the United States.

He signed off on the I.R.A wbich sealed the doom of so many via.run away inflation. That will be what he will be forever known for now. He caved when his country and constituents needed him most.

Forum List

Back