Joe Biden Presents Form of ID as He Cast Ballot in Delaware For Midterms (VIDEO)

But -but-but...... how can this be? I thought presenting a picture ID to vote constitutes Voter Suppression! One word comes to mind: Hypocrisy!

He wanted to vote, Delaware requires it, so he showed his ID so that he could cast his ballot.

Many states require a voter to present ID in order to get a ballot so you can vote. I voted early yesterday, and in order to get my ballot, I had to present my SC driver's license so I could vote. Interestingly enough, when I got my drivers license changed from TX to SC (required since I'm living here), they registered me to vote, and I tried to vote in the primaries last June when my in laws went to vote, but I was turned away from the polls because I hadn't been in SC long enough to be considered a resident. Seems that my registration date (the date I got my license issued for SC) was 5 days shy of the required amount of time.

Interestingly enough, when I got my drivers license changed from TX to SC (required since I'm living here), they registered me to vote, and I tried to vote in the primaries last June when my in laws went to vote, but I was turned away from the polls because I hadn't been in SC long enough to be considered a resident. Seems that my registration date (the date I got my license issued for SC) was 5 days shy of the required amount of time.

"in order to vote in a particular South Carolina election, you must register at least 30 days prior to it. "

You had posted in January that you moved to SC, so you had six months to get your stuff in order...

"in order to vote in a particular South Carolina election, you must register at least 30 days prior to it. "

You had posted in January that you moved to SC, so you had six months to get your stuff in order...

To tell you the truth, when I first got here, I wasn't sure if I was going to stay or not. Took until June for me to decide to get everything moved here to this state. And yeah, it is 30 days after you register that you can vote. But, like I said, my registration date was the same as the day I changed my DL over (SC registers you for voting when you get your license, which is kinda nice in my opinion, as well as the fact that when you show up to get a new license, they issue it right then and there, unlike Texas which sends it to you in the mail 5 to 10 days later), which was 5 days short of being able to vote in the runoffs. And no, I'm not complaining, just simply stating what my experience was with voting in SC, as well as the fact that I had to show a SC license in order to be able to vote, and all that is on a data base.

To tell you the truth, when I first got here, I wasn't sure if I was going to stay or not. Took until June for me to decide to get everything moved here to this state. And yeah, it is 30 days after you register that you can vote. But, like I said, my registration date was the same as the day I changed my DL over (SC registers you for voting when you get your license, which is kinda nice in my opinion, as well as the fact that when you show up to get a new license, they issue it right then and there, unlike Texas which sends it to you in the mail 5 to 10 days later), which was 5 days short of being able to vote in the runoffs. And no, I'm not complaining, just simply stating what my experience was with voting in SC, as well as the fact that I had to show a SC license in order to be able to vote, and all that is on a data base.
If you went to the polls in June, and you presented your SC driver's license in person, and were denied, they should probably fix that. Clearly shows residency and proof of identification/citizenship.

If you went to the polls in June, and you presented your SC driver's license in person, and were denied, they should probably fix that. Clearly shows residency and proof of identification/citizenship.

They said that you have to be registered for at a minimum of 30 days. I got my new DL 25 days prior. They apologized to me, and said that it was because of the way SC laws are, but told me that I'd be able to vote in the general elections in Nov without any problem. It's just that the 30 day point had to be met to consider me a full fledged resident. And yeah, I did give them my new SC license when I was turned away, but like I said, it was because of the 30 day rule that they have.

And, when I went to vote last week for early voting, I showed them my voter registration and SC DL. They handed me back my voter registration card saying that it wasn't required, as all the information needed was on the back part of my DL where they scanned it. Was actually a pretty simple, fast and painless process. Took maybe all of 10 min (most of which was waiting my turn in line, as there were 2 other people ahead of me).

One can object to the user of IDs for voting and yet still comply with the laws of one's own voting jurisdiction, can one not?

This it not a Binary situation, and Joe complied in order to be able to vote.

Dog bites Man... no big deal... MEH.

------

Personally, I'm entirely in favor of
all jurisdictions requiring a government-issued ID when voting.

But complying with a state law even while objecting to it does not constitute hypocrisy.

Sleepy Old Uncle Joe has his own share of faults but hypocrisy is not one of these in this particular instance and narrow context.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back