Joe Biden predicted Iraq crisis 8 years ago

Reagan armed terrorists to fight a more powerful adversary.

You'd better hate Reagan, too.

Bush fucked up Iraq as we know it today. If he had only minded our own business we would not be in the mess we are now.

You don't have a clue what you are talking about. This is not about the war in Iraq. Not a bloody thing to do with disenfranchised Sunni voters. And it has nothing to do with Bush you fool.

It is about a Sunni terrorist army AQ offshoot that makes AQ look like they are delivering Girl Scout cookies who want to take over the ME.

Send this info on to Joe so he knows that ISIS is not an Egyptian goddess but a terrorist mm'kay?

ISIL or ISIS, is an unrecognized state and active jihadist militant group in Iraq and Syria. In its unrecognized self-proclaimed status as an independent state, it claims the territory of Iraq and Syria, with implied future claims intended over more of the Levant, including Lebanon, Israel, Palestine, Jordan, Cyprus, and Southern Turkey.

Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This whole thing about AQ throwing ISIS out for being too violent is a bullshit fake out. They are the same.

I've wondered about that. That's why I've been sticking with AQ offshoot these days. I can't see Zawahiri trying to play "we're the nice AQ". He doesn't strike me as a moderate terrorist.

:lol:

OMG I can't believe I'm talking like Clinton when she was talking about the "moderate Taliban".

Last edited:
That has long been predicted by scholars of the ME. Biden was advised of the prediction by his election campaign managers. Biden doesn't have the knowledge of history that the true scholars have.

Besides, had Iraq been cleaved into three parts in 2006, those three parts would still be at each other's throats today. Cultures that believe in beheading others of their own religion simply because they do not promote the radical hatred of Mohammed will not respect any borders drawn around them nor any government save their own theocracy.

Had we treated postwar Iraq as we did Germany, Japan and South Korea (We STILL have troops in these countries...and their are great places to visit.) life in Iraq might offer more personal freedoms for women, Christians and others that are being tread upon by radical Islam.

Obama spoke the truth (simply because he was advised of it prior to his most recent press conference) in saying that no amount of US Military action will make that three sided problem go away forever. What we have now is a terrorist state...with access to significant weapons...no intelligence network AT ALL on the ground...ISIS on the march...

...at least they're wearing uniforms.

This is not a drill! We are really in a serious situation...a lot more important than who wins the World Cup.

Too bad Iraq wouldn't give US troops immunity and Obama had to stick with the Bush timetable on withdrawal right?

Maliki wanted troops to remain. Of course the immunity deal was a fly in the ointment in the negotiations but bottom line Obama just didn't want to negotiate any more.

Along with most everyone else.

That Bush’s failed, illegal wars were a mistake was clear to all but the most blind rightwing partisan hacks.

More far left propaganda from a far left Obama drone.

The far left said that you could not do worse than Bush, then they vote for Obama twice.

Obama has set the new standards on the worst president.

Now can the far left admit that Obama is worse than Bush?

"We crashed the economy but we don't like the way you tried to fix it." - GOP.

See the far left can answer only in talking points..

Obama is worse than Bush and they can not admit to it. They would much rather watch the world burn than admit they were wrong!

You don't have a clue what you are talking about. This is not about the war in Iraq. Not a bloody thing to do with disenfranchised Sunni voters. And it has nothing to do with Bush you fool.

It is about a Sunni terrorist army AQ offshoot that makes AQ look like they are delivering Girl Scout cookies who want to take over the ME.

Send this info on to Joe so he knows that ISIS is not an Egyptian goddess but a terrorist mm'kay?

ISIL or ISIS, is an unrecognized state and active jihadist militant group in Iraq and Syria. In its unrecognized self-proclaimed status as an independent state, it claims the territory of Iraq and Syria, with implied future claims intended over more of the Levant, including Lebanon, Israel, Palestine, Jordan, Cyprus, and Southern Turkey.

This whole thing about AQ throwing ISIS out for being too violent is a bullshit fake out. They are the same.

I've wondered about that. That's why I've been sticking with AQ offshoot these days. I can't see Zawahiri trying to play "we're the nice AQ". He doesn't strike me as a moderate terrorist.

:lol:

OMG I can't believe I'm talking like Clinton when she was talking about the "moderate Taliban".

While I can't see AQ saying we're the nice AQ, I can definitely see our politicians saying it and the complicit media reporting it. After all it's not like Zawahiri gets on the nightly news and tells us what's on his mind.

Reagan armed terrorists to fight a more powerful adversary.

You'd better hate Reagan, too.

I never thought of the mujahideen as terrorists.

The Afghan mujahideen were not seeking to wage an aggressive jihad beyond national boundaries, but were rather fighting a nationalist war against an occupier. The language of Islam helped unify a population that was—and still is--otherwise very heterogonous: Afghans have many tribal, ethnic and linguistic differences. After the war ended in 1989, these different factions returned to their previous divisiveness and fought each other, until the Taliban established rule in 1991.

Mujahideen -- Afghan mujahideen won the Afghan - Soviet war

You never thought of the Mujahideen as terrorists UNTIL 9/11. That's the point.

"The Afghan mujahideen were not seeking to wage an aggressive jihad beyond national boundaries, but were rather fighting a nationalist war against an occupier."

Fuck you with that shit. What happened to the Republican chant about "Islam wants to rule the world!"? When did that happen? Some time after Reagan sold missiles to them? It was after Bush Sr., too, right? The jihad must have wanted to start attacking America and other countries around the world when that weak Dimocrap Clinton got into office, right? As soon as a weak pussy liberal was in power, that's when they grew bold, right?

Your minds are fucked.

That Bush’s failed, illegal wars were a mistake was clear to all but the most blind rightwing partisan hacks.

And yet we achieved every objective set at the beginning. It is amazing that the Left spins success as failure, much as they spin Obama's failures as success.
No one predicted an al Qaeda army marching on Baghdad, no one. To say "We told you so" is bullshit.

Bullshit! Iraq was doing just fine under Saddam before that fool Bush chose to attack Iraq. We had Iraq covered North and South via the no fly zone Saddam was forced to recognize. Saddam was a pest but that is the extent of it back then.

Oh for crying out loud. This is not about the war. This is not about Bush. This is about a maniac who heads thousands of maniacs who want to take over the Middle East you fool.

Baghdadi and ISIS are a kick ass off shoot of AQ. In the here and now. And ignore them at your peril.

Correction: Baghdadi and ISIS are an off shoot of Bush's disastrous attack on Iraq my dear, not to mention Syria and who knows who else has the WMD's that were sent to there according to you wing-nuts.

What does the rise of ISIS and Levant have to do with the war in Iraq? Or Bush?

Get freaking real here.

The bullshit Syrian Spring uprising backed by Obama, Saudi Arabia, Britain, Qatar and others opened the door for ISIS to grow in power and stature and attract young Sunni jihadists from around the globe.

There were no real Syrian rebels. There were only paid mercenaries and terrorists trying to topple Assad.

Obama wanted Assad gone so badly he didn't care that this offshoot of AQ was turning into a formidable terrorist army.

Inevitably ISIS was going to take its powerful army into Iraq. They've been very open about it.

ISIS is an offshoot of Bush's disastrous attack on Iraq that is still paying dividends for terrorists worldwide. Get a clue you liar!

And yet we achieved every objective set at the beginning. It is amazing that the Left spins success as failure, much as they spin Obama's failures as success.

No one predicted an al Qaeda army marching on Baghdad, no one. To say "We told you so" is bullshit.

President Obama predicted it!...

The following is a transcript of the remarks then-Sen. Barack Obama delivered in Chicago on Oct. 2, 2002. In his speech, Obama said that what he was opposed to was "a dumb war ... a rash war." He said the war was a "cynical attempt" to shove "ideological agendas down our throats" and would distract from domestic problems such as poverty and health care.

What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war. What I am opposed to is the cynical attempt by Richard Perle and Paul Wolfowitz and other armchair, weekend warriors in this administration to shove their own ideological agendas down our throats, irrespective of the costs in lives lost and in hardships borne.

What I am opposed to is the attempt by political hacks like Karl Rove to distract us from a rise in the uninsured, a rise in the poverty rate, a drop in the median income — to distract us from corporate scandals and a stock market that has just gone through the worst month since the Great Depression.

That's what I'm opposed to. A dumb war. A rash war. A war based not on reason but on passion, not on principle but on politics. Now let me be clear — I suffer no illusions about Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal man. A ruthless man. A man who butchers his own people to secure his own power. He has repeatedly defied UN resolutions, thwarted UN inspection teams, developed chemical and biological weapons, and coveted nuclear capacity. He's a bad guy. The world, and the Iraqi people, would be better off without him.

But I also know that Saddam poses no imminent and direct threat to the United States or to his neighbors, that the Iraqi economy is in shambles, that the Iraqi military a fraction of its former strength, and that in concert with the international community he can be contained until, in the way of all petty dictators, he falls away into the dustbin of history. I know that even a successful war against Iraq will require a U.S. occupation of undetermined length, at undetermined cost, with undetermined consequences. I know that an invasion of Iraq without a clear rationale and without strong international support will only fan the flames of the Middle East, and encourage the worst, rather than best, impulses of the Arab world, and strengthen the recruitment arm of al-Qaida.

I am not opposed to all wars. I'm opposed to dumb wars. So for those of us who seek a more just and secure world for our children, let us send a clear message to the president today.

You want a fight, President Bush? Let's finish the fight with bin Laden and al-Qaida, through effective, coordinated intelligence, and a shutting down of the financial networks that support terrorism, and a homeland security program that involves more than color-coded warnings.

You want a fight, President Bush? Let's fight to make sure that the U.N. inspectors can do their work, and that we vigorously enforce a non-proliferation treaty, and that former enemies and current allies like Russia safeguard and ultimately eliminate their stores of nuclear material, and that nations like Pakistan and India never use the terrible weapons already in their possession, and that the arms merchants in our own country stop feeding the countless wars that rage across the globe.

You want a fight, President Bush?Let's fight to make sure our so-called allies in the Middle East, the Saudis and the Egyptians, stop oppressing their own people, and suppressing dissent, and tolerating corruption and inequality, and mismanaging their economies so that their youth grow up without education, without prospects, without hope, the ready recruits of terrorist cells. You want a fight, President Bush? Let's fight to wean ourselves off Middle East oil, through an energy policy that doesn't simply serve the interests of Exxon and Mobil....

...Sen Barrack Obama

Biden needs to get a job where he can carry out some of these ideas. Since he can't do it as VP, what options are open to him?

Joe Biden is a brain-damaged retard. He was picked because of his high value as Assassination Insurance...........

Joe Biden had parts of his brain removed TWICE..........

He's not qualified to hand out snow-cones from the back of the ice cream truck!!!!!!

The following is a transcript of the remarks then-Sen. Barack Obama delivered in Chicago on Oct. 2, 2002. In his speech, Obama said that what he was opposed to was "a dumb war ... a rash war." He said the war was a "cynical attempt" to shove "ideological agendas down our throats" and would distract from domestic problems such as poverty and health care.

What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war. What I am opposed to is the cynical attempt by Richard Perle and Paul Wolfowitz and other armchair, weekend warriors in this administration to shove their own ideological agendas down our throats, irrespective of the costs in lives lost and in hardships borne.

What I am opposed to is the attempt by political hacks like Karl Rove to distract us from a rise in the uninsured, a rise in the poverty rate, a drop in the median income — to distract us from corporate scandals and a stock market that has just gone through the worst month since the Great Depression.

That's what I'm opposed to. A dumb war. A rash war. A war based not on reason but on passion, not on principle but on politics. Now let me be clear — I suffer no illusions about Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal man. A ruthless man. A man who butchers his own people to secure his own power. He has repeatedly defied UN resolutions, thwarted UN inspection teams, developed chemical and biological weapons, and coveted nuclear capacity. He's a bad guy. The world, and the Iraqi people, would be better off without him.

But I also know that Saddam poses no imminent and direct threat to the United States or to his neighbors, that the Iraqi economy is in shambles, that the Iraqi military a fraction of its former strength, and that in concert with the international community he can be contained until, in the way of all petty dictators, he falls away into the dustbin of history. I know that even a successful war against Iraq will require a U.S. occupation of undetermined length, at undetermined cost, with undetermined consequences. I know that an invasion of Iraq without a clear rationale and without strong international support will only fan the flames of the Middle East, and encourage the worst, rather than best, impulses of the Arab world, and strengthen the recruitment arm of al-Qaida.

I am not opposed to all wars. I'm opposed to dumb wars. So for those of us who seek a more just and secure world for our children, let us send a clear message to the president today.

You want a fight, President Bush? Let's finish the fight with bin Laden and al-Qaida, through effective, coordinated intelligence, and a shutting down of the financial networks that support terrorism, and a homeland security program that involves more than color-coded warnings.

You want a fight, President Bush? Let's fight to make sure that the U.N. inspectors can do their work, and that we vigorously enforce a non-proliferation treaty, and that former enemies and current allies like Russia safeguard and ultimately eliminate their stores of nuclear material, and that nations like Pakistan and India never use the terrible weapons already in their possession, and that the arms merchants in our own country stop feeding the countless wars that rage across the globe.

You want a fight, President Bush?Let's fight to make sure our so-called allies in the Middle East, the Saudis and the Egyptians, stop oppressing their own people, and suppressing dissent, and tolerating corruption and inequality, and mismanaging their economies so that their youth grow up without education, without prospects, without hope, the ready recruits of terrorist cells. You want a fight, President Bush? Let's fight to wean ourselves off Middle East oil, through an energy policy that doesn't simply serve the interests of Exxon and Mobil....

...Sen Barrack Obama

You understand this quote says the opposite of what you want it to say, right?
But if Obama was such a genius how did he manage to fuck up so royally?

...Sen Barrack Obama

The Republicans.

...Sen Barrack Obama

The Republicans.

^^
Democrat excuse for everything.

Forum List

Back