Joe Biden: "I fully understand China's one child policy"

I am studying the theory and practice of interpretation? The choice to use that was a bit of a reach don't you think? There was no theory involved in my claim and nothing about the people coming here and hacking an existence out of a wilderness that is interpretive. They did that, its a fact.

Comparing the modern immigrant in this country to either the pioneers or the original colonists is an apples and oranges contest.

It is because the comparison of any experiences separated by time is apples and oranges that your conjecture involves both theory and interpretation.

What you lose your thesaurus?

What theory? Point to a theory I used or pointed to or implied... Interpretation? What interpretation is there in the fact the first settlers here had no nation or state to turn to? Its not interpretive its the way it was.

I state again, the plight of the first settlers in this country (before it was a country) is not comparable to that of modern immigrants to this country. Modern immigrants have a state and federal government to appeal to, they do not fight off wildlife and native americans, they do not have to grow and hunt their own food to survive, and they have protection under the laws of this country that can be enforced rather quickly.

If a original settler had a grievance he was SOL... If his kid was eaten by a bear, tough luck... If he got his farm burnt to the ground by the local natives, sorry for that...

What theory? Point to a theory I used or pointed to or implied... Interpretation? What interpretation is there in the fact the first settlers here had no nation or state to turn to? Its not interpretive its the way it was.

I state again, the plight of the first settlers in this country (before it was a country) is not comparable to that of modern immigrants to this country. Modern immigrants have a state and federal government to appeal to, they do not fight off wildlife and native americans, they do not have to grow and hunt their own food to survive, and they have protection under the laws of this country that can be enforced rather quickly.

If a original settler had a grievance he was SOL... If his kid was eaten by a bear, tough luck... If he got his farm burnt to the ground by the local natives, sorry for that...

Your theory that various lived experiences vastly separated by time and space are so comparable that judgements of one relative to another are possible and meaningful is questionable at least. Based on this theory, you are attempting to interpret different events and experiences (in order to come to a pre-determined conclusion, I might add).

And let's not forget that you have already admitted that the circumstances faced by early colonists and even those born here many generations later were also quite trying, which renders your original claim that it was early immigrants that were so exceptional, meaningless. You might have just said that conditions for the colonists and later the citizens of our early Republic were very challenging and left it at that. It was your insistence on focusing on one particular group and trying to force a dubious comparison that made your own argument fall apart.

Your theory that various lived experiences vastly separated by time and space are so comparable that judgements of one relative to another are possible and meaningful is questionable at least. Based on this theory, you are attempting to interpret different events and experiences (in order to come to a pre-determined conclusion, I might add).

Ah no, that was your point you tried to make remember... You compared the plight of early settlers to that of modern immigrants in your response to my post. YOU DID THAT... I told you the trying to compare the two was not even in the same area and you didn't like it which led us to here and now.

My statement was that they (original settlers) were exceptional in every way. In post #137

YOU compared that to the modern immigrants. In post #139 you stated:
Unkatore said:
Legal immigrants coming here today are as well.

See? YOU were the one that made the comparison not me. You can get as mad as you want but there it is your comparison not mine, I disagreed with it and said as much..

And let's not forget that you have already admitted that the circumstances faced by early colonists and even those born here many generations later were also quite trying, which renders your original claim that it was early immigrants that were so exceptional, meaningless. You might have just said that conditions for the colonists and later the citizens of our early Republic were very challenging and left it at that. It was your insistence on focusing on one particular group and trying to force a dubious comparison that made your own argument fall apart.

WHat in the hell are you talking about? YOU made the comparison not me... I said it was apples and oranges and you didn't like it...

Jesus dude sober up before posting....

By declaring X type of immigrant uniquely exceptional you are inherently comparing them to every other generation of immigrant. Come on, think a little.

Oh, I know exactly what I typed.

But i'll make it a lil' more clear for ya'.

You're an over-sensitiuve lil' whiner. You only impress yourself with your BS act of trying to run to the rescue of the minorities. Your PC BS is fuckin' laughable. It became laughable when you showed up on this board trying to act like you're the PC policeman of USMB. It becomes even more laughable when your hypocrisy shows through, as it always does with you PC types.

Now, :boohoo:cry me a fuckin' river:boohoo:
And all the while the poster you address fails to understand that you are American, or you aren't. There are NO minorities. Only political HACKS address so-called minorities and classes.

You need to explain that to Captain Bigotry there.
Funny? I thought that I was bolstering his arugument.

And all the while the poster you address fails to understand that you are American, or you aren't. There are NO minorities. Only political HACKS address so-called minorities and classes.

You said there are "no minorities" but his comments were explicitly about "the minorities." Specifically his disdain for certain of them. He even alluded to classes. How could that jibe with your comments?

By declaring X type of immigrant uniquely exceptional you are inherently comparing them to every other generation of immigrant. Come on, think a little.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You seriously are going to make some semantics excuse like that rather than admit you made the comparison. Wow, you are pathetic....:cuckoo:

Unkatore, you have been on a 24 hour run here... I am pretty sure you are in dire need of a life...

You remind me of a couple other posters on here that start a argument and run away. They seem to have nothing else to do for 24 hours or more as well...:cuckoo:

You said there are "no minorities" but his comments were explicitly about "the minorities." Specifically his disdain for certain of them. He even alluded to classes. How could that jibe with your comments?
Perhaps it never occurred to you that he doesn't belive that Gubmint should be classifying people into groups as to pit one against another?

Perhaps he mentions it to shed light on the poltical hypocrisy of it all?

I will let the man speak for himself however.

You seriously are going to make some semantics excuse like that rather than admit you made the comparison. Wow, you are pathetic....:cuckoo:

You seem to have a real problem with being responsible for your own words. It demonstrates a distinct lack of personal character.

Perhaps it never occurred to you that he doesn't belive that Gubmint should be classifying people into groups as to pit one against another?

No, he mentions it to single out certain 'groups' and make them the target of his bigotry. He has gone out of his way on several occasions to "pit one against another." Read more than one of his posts and you will see this clearly for yourself.

Unkatore, you have been on a 24 hour run here... I am pretty sure you are in dire need of a life...

You remind me of a couple other posters on here that start a argument and run away. They seem to have nothing else to do for 24 hours or more as well...:cuckoo:

Let's see, leaving aside the disturbing obession suggested by concerning yourself with how long I've "been here," how can you complain about being here too much and running away?

Oh, I'm sorry, did I make reference to your own words again? What was I thinking? I do apologize. I know how referring to your own words upsets and frightens you such that you have to run to Mommy for help. I think I included your own quote - you know, your own words - this time. Does it still count as "altering" your post if I point out what you said in your own words? I understand your type can be very, very sensitive and I wouldn't want to cause you any anxiety. Are you alright? Do you need a cup of warm tea to help you relax and deal with stress of being held accountable for your own words? There, there...

You seem to have a real problem with being responsible for your own words. It demonstrates a distinct lack of personal character.

Nah moron the lack of personal character resides with you. You made the claim and now try to pretend you didn't... I cited what I said and what you said and linked to both posts... YOU are nailed douchebag...

Why don't you cry about the mods busting you for editing my post again? Crybaby...:lol:

Let's see, leaving aside the disturbing obession suggested by concerning yourself with how long I've "been here," how can you complain about being here too much and running away?

Oh, I'm sorry, did I make reference to your own words again? What was I thinking? I do apologize. I know how referring to your own words upsets and frightens you such that you have to run to Mommy for help. I think I included your own quote - you know, your own words - this time. Does it still count as "altering" your post if I point out what you said in your own words? I understand your type can be very, very sensitive and I wouldn't want to cause you any anxiety. Are you alright? Do you need a cup of warm tea to help you relax and deal with stress of being held accountable for your own words? There, there...

Aww still throwing a tantrum?

Why not show my words then moron?

I cited and linked to them. Both yours and mine i linked to the posts themselves. I didn't alter them or cut and paste bits of them like you tried to do.. I cited them as they were. Lets see you grow a spine and stop crying cause a mod busted you doing a douchebag tactic and editing my quoted posts, and cite my posts fairly...

Coward....:lol::lol:

Got to REPOST this for the tool who likes to edit quotes to suit his argument....

Ah no, that was your point you tried to make remember... You compared the plight of early settlers to that of modern immigrants in your response to my post. YOU DID THAT... I told you the trying to compare the two was not even in the same area and you didn't like it which led us to here and now.

My statement was that they (original settlers) were exceptional in every way. In post #137

YOU compared that to the modern immigrants. In post #139 you stated:

See? YOU were the one that made the comparison not me. You can get as mad as you want but there it is your comparison not mine, I disagreed with it and said as much..

WHat in the hell are you talking about? YOU made the comparison not me... I said it was apples and oranges and you didn't like it...

Jesus dude sober up before posting....

Edit that moron...

Notice the links to our posts? Yeah there it is... BUSTED AND DONE!

Last edited:

No, he mentions it to single out certain 'groups' and make them the target of his bigotry. He has gone out of his way on several occasions to "pit one against another." Read more than one of his posts and you will see this clearly for yourself.
Wrong!.......You don't like the fact that I don't play the PC BS game like you do.....I'm not a fuckin' pussy. I say it like it is, and I don't worry about stepping on peoples overly sensitive toes. You need to grow a spine, and man up, son......And get your lil' toes outta my way while you're at it.

And what the fuck got your lil' pink panties in a bunch?....Oh that's right, I stated that hispanics, particularly Mexicans breed like cockroaches. That it's in there culture and religious beliefs to have large families. And it's the damn truth.....That I believe it's time to close our southern border and get control of the situation, before we have a tragedy, on the scale of what's going on in Mexico within our borders......That I believe it's time to seriously think about a moratorium on new immigration until we get our own house and financial situation in order. We can't provide enough jobs for our own citizens at this point. Nor is there any controls over the immigrants when they get here. Thye get their visa's, many of them expire, and they just fade away into the masses. It's friggin asinine.....YOU, tried to falsely claim I called for doing away with immigration altogether, when that is not even close to what I said. Twisting words is the ultimate sign of a weasly coward.

And, who was it that came on this board and started to dictate to people who they can or cannot have discussions with. Who said they can't have debates with the hardcore racists up here?......That was you, lil' man. And you had yourself rightfully chin checked, by me!

This is the United States Of America.......You don't dictate shit to anybody, ya' lil' Nazi wannabe.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back