Joe Biden Delivers Christmas Address Without Saying the Word "Jesus" or "Christ"

Does that go both ways? Do you think that Christians would be completely fine if non-Christian holidays were named as national holiays?

I mean when I owned by own store, I used to get yelled at by far right "Chistians" for selling non-christian holiday decorations.
Let's not forget that they call it a "war on christmas" if a non-Christian business owner doesn't put up christmas decorations.

I would say that at least half of Christians in the US would oppose any non-christian holiday being made official.
I thought you loved democracy?

I thought you loved democracy?
What does that have to do with Christians getting special treatment?

Can you honestly say that most Christians wouldn't be calling it an "attack" on their religious rights if any other religion's holiday were given status as a national holiday/ Most Christians are hypocrites. They claim to support religious liberty, but then They turn around and want their religious given special treatment and recognition, but would never tolerate any other religion getting the same.

Why the fuck is a Christian holiday considered a national holiday to begin with. That technically violates the first amnendment, since the government isn't allowed to recognize any particular religion. By giving official recognition to a single religion's holidays, the government is effectively recognizing that religion as official.
Well, it’s been like that forever. Can‘t fight it completely.

At least he didn’t get up there and announce, as if it were fact, that a Jewish carpenter who lived 2000 years ago was the son of Gd. That would be the government taking an official position as to which religion is right and which religions are wrong, and would be a violation of the Separation of Church and State.

Well, it’s been like that forever. Can‘t fight it completely.

At least he didn’t get up there and announce, as if it were fact, that a Jewish carpenter who lived 2000 years ago was the son of Gd. That would be the government taking an official position as to which religion is right and which religions are wrong, and would be a violation of the Separation of Church and State.
The fact that the government would never give the same recognition to non-Christian religions and non-christian holdays already violates it.

Does that go both ways? Do you think that Christians would be completely fine if non-Christian holidays were named as national holiays?

I mean when I owned by own store, I used to get yelled at by far right "Chistians" for selling non-christian holiday decorations.
Let's not forget that they call it a "war on christmas" if a non-Christian business owner doesn't put up christmas decorations.

I would say that at least half of Christians in the US would oppose any non-christian holiday being made official.
Some of the far-right Christians are like that. They want their holiday, and ONLY their holiday, recognized.

I remember when the work world moved to “Holiday Party” instead of the more exclusionary Christmas Party. One far-right Christian INSISTED we call it a Christmas Party, and if they were going to call it a Holiday Party to placate the Jews, she wasn’t going!

The HR Manager, to whom she complained, said “sorry to hear that….we’ll miss you.”

End of story: she ended up going

The fact that the government would never give the same recognition to non-Christian religions and non-christian holdays already violates it.
When I was growing up, it was Christmas and Christmas only. You never saw a menorah. Ever. Once when our assignment in elementary school was to make a Christmas ornament, I made a Hanukkah decoration. The teacher sneered, asked “what is THAT supposed to be?”, and when I told her, she said I didn’t follow the directions, which was for a Christmas ornament, and PUNISHED me.

So we’ve come a long way, baby!

When I was growing up, it was Christmas and Christmas only. You never saw a menorah. Ever. Once when our assignment in elementary school was to make a Christmas ornament, I made a Hanukkah decoration. The teacher sneered, asked “what is THAT supposed to be?”, and when I told her, she said I didn’t follow the directions, which was for a Christmas ornament, and PUNISHED me.

So we’ve come a long way, baby!
Your teacher should have been fired and your parents shpould have sued him, and the school, for every cent they had and bankrupted them.

Trash like that teacher are not really Christians they spit on the teachings of Jesus of Nazereth with every breath they take.

Your teacher should have been fired and your parents shpould have sued him, and the school, for every cent they had and bankrupted them.

Trash like that teacher are not really Christians they spit on the teachings of Jesus of Nazereth with every breath they take.
When I went crying home to my mother, she called the school. The school told her they would tell the teacher that the Jewish child in her class does not have to make Christmas ornaments. And that was the end of it, circa 1963.

But you should have seen the super-religious Christian songs we had to sing in Choir, about being saved from damnation through faith in Jesus. My father got me permission from the school to drop choir and take art instead.

So again, i am glad for the advancements we’ve made. Now the schools are closed on Yom Kippur. Then, they gave important exams on that day.

Progress….

Why the fuck is a Christian holiday considered a national holiday to begin with. That technically violates the first amnendment, since the government isn't allowed to recognize any particular religion. By giving official recognition to a single religion's holidays, the government is effectively recognizing that religion as official.
What law says the government can't recognize any religion? How the hell is a church awarded 501C3 status without the state recognizing it as such?

Now, I'm probably gonna end up in hell for this.........but here goes..................

Since many of those who are of the Christian faith believe in the Trinity which is 3 different entities (for want of a better word), and each of them have their own attributes, but are considered to be one and the same, are you saying that Jesus was having sex with Christ on His birthday?
Are you a Jehovah's Witness?

Did Breibart notice the 4 years of Trump, that he too never mention Christ, as savior and Lord?

I don't think it is something a president speaking to all Americans of different faith, does.
Care4zero!!! YOU are a liar! Here within 5 minutes search of "Trump never mentioned Christ"
I found these actual Trump statements!!!
WORD of ADVICE... Please do a little research before you write a lie!
When asked who he (Trump) says Jesus is he replied:
"Jesus to me is somebody I can think about for security and confidence.
"Somebody I can revere in terms of bravery and in terms of courage and, because I consider the Christian religion so important, somebody I can totally rely on in my own mind."

Our country needs a savior right now, and our country has a Savior, and that’s not me – that’s somebody much higher up than me, much higher up,” Trump said. “The life and death and resurrection of Jesus Christ forever changed the world.”

Care4zero!!! YOU are a liar! Here within 5 minutes search of "Trump never mentioned Christ"
I found these actual Trump statements!!!
WORD of ADVICE... Please do a little research before you write a lie!
When asked who he (Trump) says Jesus is he replied:
"Jesus to me is somebody I can think about for security and confidence.
"Somebody I can revere in terms of bravery and in terms of courage and, because I consider the Christian religion so important, somebody I can totally rely on in my own mind."

Our country needs a savior right now, and our country has a Savior, and that’s not me – that’s somebody much higher up than me, much higher up,” Trump said. “The life and death and resurrection of Jesus Christ forever changed the world.”

She should feel silly

Presidents have been paying homage to God and Christ in their public Christmas addresses since Calvin Coolidge, I think.

Even that dickless wonder Barack Obama has done it, however begrudgingly.

Brandon scoffs American tradition.

Not YOU personally. The government YOU.
What law says the government has to treat them equally? What denomination is the Washington National Cathedral? Episcopalian? Presbyterian? Whatever it is, why do public officials in DC frequent that church so much more often than others?

We know from the Constitution that the Congress may not establish a religion. But what laws prohibit it from supporting or recognizing a religion? Or otherwise not treating them equally? (The government has even recognized and supported the Boy Scouts, a Christian organization).

What law says the government has to treat them equally? What denomination is the Washington National Cathedral? Episcopalian? Presbyterian? Whatever it is, why do public officials in DC frequent that church so much more often than others?

We know from the Constitution that the Congress may not establish a religion. But what laws prohibit it from supporting or recognizing a religion? Or otherwise not treating them equally? (The government has even recognized and supported the Boy Scouts, a Christian organization).
The government has to apply the law equally. If churches get tax exceptions, then Synagogues must as well. The government cannot, via application of the law, give the impression it thinks Christians are superior to Jews.

Now, I'm probably gonna end up in hell for this.........but here goes..................

Since many of those who are of the Christian faith believe in the Trinity which is 3 different entities (for want of a better word), and each of them have their own attributes, but are considered to be one and the same, are you saying that Jesus was having sex with Christ on His birthday?
Christianity is faith of an individual. As humans we reproduce in our way. If God can do the same, can the entity take a part of himself and create another that is connected and an individual? Perhaps placing it into a human vessel. If we replaced God with aliens it would be more acceptable, I suppose to the science minded.

Forum List

Back