Job Rejection Letter States Woman's Name Is 'Too Ghetto'

I was a line supervisor at factory for a couple of years and had to interview and hire workers for my section. At first, I did hire several people with ghetto sounding names.

But I quickly learned, the more ghetto the applicants name.....the worse the worker and attitude. Female hood rats were the worst.

So whenever it came to hiring new people. Applications with ghetto names went immediately into the circular file next to my desk. ... :cool:

Last edited:
Obviously a terrible choice to send out those emails but I can totally understand the sentiment included in them.

I look at some of the names in our Engineering and Design Departments at work and know there will be problems with their work and communications skills.

How many Liberals complained from 2004 and on in their IT departments that any resume with a non-Indian name was tossed in the garbage?

This comes down to POWER.

No white person is concerned with naming their children to please blacks.

Why is that ?

No one is shaming them for their boring names. Anne. Jill. Emily. If you're white you can never be too white. But a black person can be "too black” (what “ghetto” is code for). ‘Cause “white is right”. Why is that ? POWER.

So black people let's all give our children the whitest names out there. How about Cody ? Connor ? Wyatt ? for boys ? Or Amy ? Claire ? Katelyn ? Molly ? for girls ?

Yeah because racism will disappear then. Right ?

A lot of the names people think of as ghetto names are not. Beyoncé is a French name that nobody would bat any eye at in France. However because it was attached to a Black singer, many people assumed her parents stayed up late one night stringing syllables together until they came up with it. But even if they did do THAT it is how new names have always been created and Black people (even the ones in the ghetto) are no less entitled to add their own new names to the lexicon.

Even when you study of the origins of African-American first names. They tend to break into 2 categories

Islamic names like Raheem, Shameeka, Rameesh, Aaliyah and such names.

Black names that seem to be French or pseudo-French like LaTrell, LeWon, DeShawn, Marquis, Antoine, Andre

The sickening irony that underlies this talk about blacks having names acceptable to white people is that it was white people who stripped blacks of their African names and so much else to make them SERVICEABLE for white people. As if whites think they are the centre of the universe or something. If that is not racist, nothing is.

And by the way, if your a white dude and your name was ‘Bubba’ or ‘Jim Bob....no problem. But a black man being named 'Jamal’ or ‘Lakisha’ is an automatic fail.

By the way Jamal is a masculine Arabic name that means “Beautiful” or “handsome.” It’s pretty widely used in the muslim world that spans a good part of the globe. The Egyptian President, Gamal Abdel Nasser (1918–1970) is an Egyptian rendering of the name. Jamal Nebez was a Kurdish mathematician and linguist. The problem is that ppl have never even looked to try and understand what that name is, where it comes from, and who bore it.

Lakisha is also an Arabic name, meaning “Alive” or “She who lives.” there is also an English variant, usually spelled “Lakeisha” that means “Joyful.”

But neither name was invented in the ghetto, or somehow put together by illiterates. They are just names from another culture, that lean toward a Muslim asian world view rather than a Western Christian world view. There’s nothing ghetto about it.

Also these are top American names by race in 2016

BOYS

Blackest

1. Darnell
  2. DeAndre
  3. DeShawn
  4. Malik
  5. Marquis
  6. Terrell
  7. Trevon
  8. Tyrone
Whitest
  1. Cody
  2. Connor
  3. Dustin
  4. Jack
  5. Jake
  6. Luke
  7. Tanner
  8. Wyatt
GIRLS

Blackest
  1. Aaliyah
  2. Deja
  3. Diamond
  4. Ebony
  5. Imani
  6. Nia
  7. Precious
  8. Shanice
Whitest
  1. Amy
  2. Claire
  3. Emily
  4. Emma
  5. Katelyn
  6. Katie
  7. Madeline
  8. Molly

How did Michael not make that list? That's a very honky sounding name! :mad:

Ever see that video of the substitute teacher from an inner city school taking attendance at a suburban school?

I was a line supervisor at factory for a couple of years and had to interview and hire workers for my section. At first, I did hire several people with ghetto sounding names.

But I quickly learned, the more ghetto the applicants name.....the worse the worker and attitude. Female hood rats were the worst.

So whenever it came to hiring new people. Applications with ghetto names went immediately into the circular file next to my desk. ... :cool:
No racism here.

And Republicans wonder why their party is 90% white.

RACIST!!!!

This comes down to POWER.

No white person is concerned with naming their children to please blacks.

Why is that ?

No one is shaming them for their boring names. Anne. Jill. Emily. If you're white you can never be too white. But a black person can be "too black” (what “ghetto” is code for). ‘Cause “white is right”. Why is that ? POWER.

So black people let's all give our children the whitest names out there. How about Cody ? Connor ? Wyatt ? for boys ? Or Amy ? Claire ? Katelyn ? Molly ? for girls ?

Yeah because racism will disappear then. Right ?

A lot of the names people think of as ghetto names are not. Beyoncé is a French name that nobody would bat any eye at in France. However because it was attached to a Black singer, many people assumed her parents stayed up late one night stringing syllables together until they came up with it. But even if they did do THAT it is how new names have always been created and Black people (even the ones in the ghetto) are no less entitled to add their own new names to the lexicon.

Even when you study of the origins of African-American first names. They tend to break into 2 categories

Islamic names like Raheem, Shameeka, Rameesh, Aaliyah and such names.

Black names that seem to be French or pseudo-French like LaTrell, LeWon, DeShawn, Marquis, Antoine, Andre

The sickening irony that underlies this talk about blacks having names acceptable to white people is that it was white people who stripped blacks of their African names and so much else to make them SERVICEABLE for white people. As if whites think they are the centre of the universe or something. If that is not racist, nothing is.

And by the way, if your a white dude and your name was ‘Bubba’ or ‘Jim Bob....no problem. But a black man being named 'Jamal’ or ‘Lakisha’ is an automatic fail.

By the way Jamal is a masculine Arabic name that means “Beautiful” or “handsome.” It’s pretty widely used in the muslim world that spans a good part of the globe. The Egyptian President, Gamal Abdel Nasser (1918–1970) is an Egyptian rendering of the name. Jamal Nebez was a Kurdish mathematician and linguist. The problem is that ppl have never even looked to try and understand what that name is, where it comes from, and who bore it.

Lakisha is also an Arabic name, meaning “Alive” or “She who lives.” there is also an English variant, usually spelled “Lakeisha” that means “Joyful.”

But neither name was invented in the ghetto, or somehow put together by illiterates. They are just names from another culture, that lean toward a Muslim asian world view rather than a Western Christian world view. There’s nothing ghetto about it.

Also these are top American names by race in 2016

BOYS

Blackest

1. Darnell
  2. DeAndre
  3. DeShawn
  4. Malik
  5. Marquis
  6. Terrell
  7. Trevon
  8. Tyrone
Whitest
  1. Cody
  2. Connor
  3. Dustin
  4. Jack
  5. Jake
  6. Luke
  7. Tanner
  8. Wyatt
GIRLS

Blackest
  1. Aaliyah
  2. Deja
  3. Diamond
  4. Ebony
  5. Imani
  6. Nia
  7. Precious
  8. Shanice
Whitest
  1. Amy
  2. Claire
  3. Emily
  4. Emma
  5. Katelyn
  6. Katie
  7. Madeline
  8. Molly
Buffy

Hermeisha in African means “angry black women that will always be late to work.”
No wonder she didn’t get hired.

Good! If I were an employer and saw names on job applications like Shainiqua, Locuta, DeShawn, DeQuan, Jamal or Quantavious - those applications are going straight into the garbage.

No racism here.

And Republicans wonder why their party is 90% white.
Only 90%?

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back