Jo Jorgensen for President

I sure would love to vote third party. Or write in Yang. But I live in a purple state, and therefore I have to vote directly against Trumpism.
That's not a real thing Mac. All you can do is vote FOR a candidate. Which one will you vote for?
The only way to vote against Trumpism is to vote for the person who has the best chance to beat him. That would be Biden, as distasteful as that will be.

If he wins, it will then be time to work on what has become of the Democratic party.

Wash rinse repeat. Seriously, you're advocating voting for a candidate who you don't believe is a the best candidate - or even a good one - because someone else is worse. How did we get to a place where most voters are voting, on purpose, for a bad candidate? How do we expect that kind of idiocy to produce anything but bad results?

Someone once said that if you don't see a candidate on the ballot you can vote for, pick the one you like the least and vote candidate most likely to defeat them. It's sounds reasonable. But the idea is poison, and it's destroying democracy. If you really love you country, find a candidate you can vote for, and do so. Or write someone in. But for fuck's sake don't vote for a bad candidate purpose!
I've never seen anything like what is happening right now. Trumpism is ugly and dangerous, and I have no choice.

Wash rinse repeat. Seriously, you're advocating voting for a candidate who you don't believe is a the best candidate - or even a good one - because someone else is worse.
Because only one of them is going to be the next president.

You protest voters always conveniently leave this out when trying to chastise people on a moral level. We are being adults who don't think the presidential election is about feeling good about ourselves. So your argument misses the mark by about a light year.

Glad to see I'm not the only one, though. So far as I've seen around here, DTMB was the only other person who mentioned about voting for the libertarian candidate.

I have never voted for a third party candidate. I was a straight Republican ticket kind of guy. All or nothing.

Since the GOP veered way, way off track from it's principles more than a decade ago, I have stopped voting on the national level since 2006.

Yet I have refused to vote third party in all this time. The reason being that the third parties are all whackadoos.

Well, the Republican party has somehow managed to become the whackiest of all whackadoos, and they are starting to make the Libertarian Party look good.

That's how badly our country has fallen, folks. Libertarians are starting to look like the sane people in the room.

Now, as a die hard Reagan Republican who has been active in politics since the age of 15, I have rubbed elbows with many a Libertarian at various conventions and conferences and whatnot. If you attend a conservative function, there are always Libertarians there.

I am not going to far as to register as a Libertarian. As I have said for many years, I would be a Libertarian except for the fact I have common sense. :tongue:

However, there are certain principles with which I and Libertarians are aligned. More on that in my succeeding posts.
as always the libertarians come so close and then choose the wrong person,,

jorgenson is in favor of ANTI-RACISM which we all know is forced thought where it requires you tell others what they must think,,,
that doesnt sound libertarian to me,,

I guess I will go with the constitution party again,,,

Profile photo, opens profile page on Twitter in a new tab

Jo Jorgensen

@Jorgensen4POTUS

It is not enough to be passively not racist, we must be actively anti-racist. #BlackLivesMatter #VoteGold
12:14 PM · Jul 10, 2020

The only way to vote against Trumpism is to vote for the person who has the best chance to beat him. That would be Biden, as distasteful as that will be.

If he wins, it will then be time to work on what has become of the Democratic party.
I got a better idea... You do that if he wins or not.

Glad to see I'm not the only one, though. So far as I've seen around here, DTMB was the only other person who mentioned about voting for the libertarian candidate.
Which of the two major candidates do you least prefer? So we can know who you are actually voting for.

jorgenson is in favor of ANTI-RACISM which we all know is forced thought where it requires you tell others what they must think,,,

Jo Jorgensen
@Jorgensen4POTUS

It is not enough to be passively not racist, we must be actively anti-racist. #BlackLivesMatter #VoteGold

I was gonna mention about the whole anti-racism thing but changed my mind. It's just another reflection of what's wrong with the big L party.

Let her on the debate stage with those two representatives of the party of one and regardless of some anti-racism rhetoric, she'd likely make them both look like high schoolers.

And that's what the mainstream Ds and Rs fear. That's why they fight so hard to keep them of fthe debate stage.

I sure would love to vote third party. Or write in Yang. But I live in a purple state, and therefore I have to vote directly against Trumpism.
That's not a real thing Mac. All you can do is vote FOR a candidate. Which one will you vote for?
My father hated Trump. Haaaaaated him. But he voted for him because he hated Hillary more.

There are millions of votes cast AGAINST a candidate.

Which of the two major candidates do you least prefer? So we can know who you are actually voting for.
Both candidates will run trillion dollar deficits. The Libertarian would not.

My father hated Trump. Haaaaaated him. But he voted for him because he hated Hillary more.

That's semantic trifling. His vote was still a vote FOR hillary.

Both candidates will run trillion dollar deficits. The Libertarian would not.
Yes she would, because presidents don't make budgets. If they refuse to sign a budget, then congress sidesteps them repeatedly.

What you are suggesting would require voting 218 Jojos into the house and 51 jojos into the senate.

Jo Jorgensen
@Jorgensen4POTUS

I was gonna mention about the whole anti-racism thing but changed my mind. It's just another reflection of what's wrong with the big L party.

Let her on the debate stage with those two representatives of the party of one and regardless of some anti-racism rhetoric, she'd likely make them both look like high schoolers.

And that's what the mainstream Ds and Rs fear. That's why they fight so hard to keep them of fthe debate stage.

so true,,their real agenda would get exposed and them for the incompetent shills they are,,,

But it's delusional. It's something we tell ourselves do justify a dishonest vote. All that matters, all that's recorded, the only impact of your vote, is to register approval of the candidate you vote FOR. No one will know who you were supposedly voting against. Your vote will ensure that, next time around, we get more candidates like the one you voted FOR.

All that matters, all that's recorded, the only impact of your vote, is to register approval of the candidate you vote FOR
The point of the vote is to add to the vote tally. You can register approval with a bumper sticker.

I have many points of disagreement with the Libertarian Party. For instance, their platform plank which would reduce our military to the size of a boy scout troop.

For those waiting to pounce, I am obviously exaggerating. But not by much. :D

I also would not disband the Fed or the FAA or the USDA. They would.

"End the Fed" is the core value of the LP. Libertarians can go on for hours and days and weeks about their hatred of the Fed. :)

However, I do believe the federal government has expanded way, way, way, way beyond its enumerated powers.

Another plank of the LP is the abolition of the War On Drugs and the legalization of all drugs. I have come to agree with that belief.

Our craving for drugs is costing the lives of innocents in Latin America and other temperate zones.

The cartels and narco terrorists would go out of business overnight if we legalized all drugs.

But it's delusional. It's something we tell ourselves do justify a dishonest vote. All that matters, all that's recorded, the only impact of your vote, is to register approval of the candidate you vote FOR. No one will know who you were supposedly voting against. Your vote will ensure that, next time around, we get more candidates like the one you voted FOR.
Here is what I have been saying for years on this forum:

When you vote for someone, you are telling them they are doing a great job and to keep it up.

I refuse to send that message with my vote to either major party. If you hate Trump, for example, but hate Hillary more and so you vote for Trump, you are telling Trump to keep doing what he is doing. Oh hell no!

I refuse to vote that way. My dad did it, and I believe the only reason Trump won was because of this phenomenon.

When I cast my vote for Jorgensen, I am going to be telling her to keep up what she is doing, fully realizing I don't agree with large chunks of their platform.

But as I said at the top, Donald Trump has succeeded in making Libertarians look good. He even makes George Bush and Barack Obama look good. But I hated both of them, too, and would never cast a vote for either one.

I am what is known as a "Never Trumper". A conservative Republican who thoroughly detests that man.

I'm an ex-Republican now, thanks to Trump. His insanity, stupidity, ignorance, his utter immorality, and the spineless craven hypocrites in the party who allowed him to hijack the GOP finally sickened me enough to register as an independent.

When you vote for someone, you are telling them they are doing a great job and to keep it up.
Maybe you are.

Now, mathematical facts, on the other hand, apply equally to everyone. Such as, your vote for Jo being a net vote for the one of the two major candidates you least prefer.

All that matters, all that's recorded, the only impact of your vote, is to register approval of the candidate you vote FOR
The point of the vote is to add to the vote tally. You can register approval with a bumper sticker.
Ahh... that's where we disagree. I think the point of a vote is to register your assessment of who the best candidate is. If you refuse to answer honestly, playing the sort of second-guessing games you advocate, you're undermining democracy. How can we possibly hope for government that represents the will of the people, if voters aren't being honest in the voting booth? If everyone is playing this insidious game, we have no idea what voters really want. All we know is that the partisans are gaming the system with scare tactics.

I think the point of a vote is to register your assessment of who the best candidate is
You can think that is what it SHOULD be, and i would agree. But that is not the system we have, so it isn't that. You are either voting for the major candidate you prefer, or you are casting a net vote for the major candidate you least prefer. It is a mathematical reality you cannot talk your way out of.

Unfortunately, the game is rigged. And even if you refuse to play, you are playing anyway.

Forum List

Back