Jews would be better off converting to Christianity

What is the true path then?

The true path is whatever makes your life better for YOU. Maybe that's atheism, maybe it's Islam, maybe it's xtianity. But, whatever it is, it's YOUR choice and it can only make you happy if you leave everyone else to THEIR choice.

The Talmud rightly teaches that your jesus is in a hell boiling in his own excrement and semen

Sanhedrin 106b and Gittin 57a
I always assumed that you were an atheist. I never realized that you were Jewish. It seems that there are at least four militant jewish people on this board who have an intense dislike for Christianity and Christians. So much so that you all condemn respect for Christians. So much so that you literally dehumanize them. That's a very troubling behavior especially given your people's history at being on the receiving end of that behavior. I guess the only thing we can take away from that is that misery does love company after all. That and you are all very messed up human beings.

What is the true path then?

The true path is whatever makes your life better for YOU. Maybe that's atheism, maybe it's Islam, maybe it's xtianity. But, whatever it is, it's YOUR choice and it can only make you happy if you leave everyone else to THEIR choice.
I understand and agree with that. I have never attacked the faith of another because I understand that it is not possible for me to understand a faith that is not my own. But as long as I remember that it's adherents are human beings just like me, I don't need to fail miserably at it. Which is why I try to view their beliefs in the best light possible.

The reason I asked breezewood these questions is that he is a bit of an enigma. It seems his only mission here is to denounce Christianity.

I'm sure guno has had many interesting things to say in this thread, but I've put him on ignore and can't see any of it. At some point, being on the receiving end of his hate because I am Catholic was too much for me to put up with. I would say he is the most hateful person on this forum, and that's saying a lot. I worry that he might be insane, and I hope he has a responsible person who helps him.

The problem with Judaism is that while it once was the authentic religion of God, God abandoned Judaism when Christ was born and formed a new Church. The Romans destroyed the Temple in 70 A.D., and the Jews were dispersed to all parts of the Empire. That was the end of the Biblical Israel, and the modern Israel is a political creation, created with Western wealth and brute force, but not enjoying the legitimacy that Israel had in Biblical times.

The modern Jewish faith is unable to inspire the faith of even the majority of Jews, who reject God in favor of secularism, or even downright atheism. They consider themselves Jews, but they do not believe in the Old Testament, and they anger God with their faithlessness, which is probably why so many bad things keep happening to them.

So Jews would be better off if they realized that Jesus of Nazareth really was the Messiah they were waiting for, and another Messiah is not coming.

1260-laughter-1.jpg
I'm putting you on ignore.
Oh dear.

I'm sure guno has had many interesting things to say in this thread, but I've put him on ignore and can't see any of it. At some point, being on the receiving end of his hate because I am Catholic was too much for me to put up with. I would say he is the most hateful person on this forum, and that's saying a lot. I worry that he might be insane, and I hope he has a responsible person who helps him.
You think it's ok to bash Jews yet are this delicate flower about people questioning catholicism.....you know, the religion of the inquisition...the religion of pedophile priests protected by the hierarchy.

Jews would be better off believing in science and becoming even more powerful then they're now as a nation.

Religion holds people back.
Historians will tell you that their continued existence over 3000 years in the face of overwhelming odds and their contributions to mankind which are disproportionate to their numbers is inexplicable. When questioned about this, they see nothing special about themselves and give all credit to God. It seems that what they have been doing has worked pretty well. Science and religion are wholly compatible. They compliment each other. Israel is a leader in the field of science... again disproportionate to their tiny numbers.

I think what's happening to Jews is that God protects them so they are never totally destroyed or assimilated, but they are constantly angering God, so he makes them miserable over and over again. It is a love-hate relationship, I think, and I'm glad to not be a part of it.

It is far simpler to be Catholic. It's not easy to be a Catholic, because it makes difficult demands like not using birth control, not getting remarried after a divorce, and eating fish on Fridays during Lent, but the demands of the Jewish religion are impossible to meet.

I have heard that there are Jews who will not turn on a lightswitch on the Sabbath because that's "lighting a fire" which is "work." It's a rather ridiculous literalism, but what makes it worse is that Jews believe that if they order a Christian servant or employee to turn on the lightswitch, that's ok and not a violation of the sabbath.

Jesus spent quite a lot of effort explaining to the Pharisees that they had turned the sabbath rules into a heavy burden that oppressed the Jewish people, and the Catholic Church has interpreted the sabbath rules in a far more reasonable way so that people can actually live within the rules. Catholics can drive their cars to church for example, while Jews are not allowed to drive their cars to the synagogue.

Jews would be better off believing in science and becoming even more powerful then they're now as a nation.

Historians will tell you that their continued existence over 3000 years in the face of overwhelming odds and their contributions to mankind which are disproportionate to their numbers is inexplicable. When questioned about this, they see nothing special about themselves and give all credit to God. It seems that what they have been doing has worked pretty well. Science and religion are wholly compatible. They compliment each other. Israel is a leader in the field of science... again disproportionate to their tiny numbers.
When questioned about this, they see nothing special about themselves and give all credit to God.

you have to be kidding ...

In Judaism, "chosenness" is the belief that the Jewish people were singularly chosen to enter into a covernant with G-d. This idea has been a central one throughout the history of Jewish thought, is deeply rooted in biblical concepts and has been developed in talmudic, philosophic, mystical and contemporary Judaism.

their god of exclusivity ...

When questioned about this, they see nothing special about themselves and give all credit to God.

In Judaism, "chosenness" is the belief that the Jewish people were singularly chosen to enter into a covernant with G-d. This idea has been a central one throughout the history of Jewish thought, is deeply rooted in biblical concepts and has been developed in talmudic, philosophic, mystical and contemporary Judaism.

Chosenness is the least arrogant answer they could make for their inexplicable survival and success. They were not chosen because they were special. They are special because they were chosen. It's like you hate all religions. Except yours, which is a secret and you can't tell anyone anything about it.

Jews believe that if they order a Christian servant or employee to turn on the lightswitch, that's ok and not a violation of the sabbath.

That is a violation of the Sabbath.
A Jew CAN make a VAGUE suggestion such as, "Oh MAN! I wish that light was on!"
Anyway, if you're interested in understanding how God used the Torah as the blueprint of creation, check out
https://www.amazon.com/Way-God-Dere...&sr=8-1&keywords=the+way+of+God&tag=ff0d01-20.
I know, I know...you're not THAT interested.

Chosenness is the least arrogant answer they could make for their inexplicable survival and success. They were not chosen because they were special. They are special because they were chosen. It's like you hate all religions. Except yours, which is a secret and you can't tell anyone anything about it.
Let's put it this way, God gave us a whole list of ways to behave and we said, "God said it so we're doing it."
God gave the same list to every one else and every one else has spent nearly 3,000 years explaining why God's list is an unnecessary
pain in the ***.

I think what's happening to Jews is that God protects them so they are never totally destroyed or assimilated, but they are constantly angering God, so he makes them miserable over and over again. It is a love-hate relationship, I think, and I'm glad to not be a part of it.

It is far simpler to be Catholic. It's not easy to be a Catholic, because it makes difficult demands like not using birth control, not getting remarried after a divorce, and eating fish on Fridays during Lent, but the demands of the Jewish religion are impossible to meet.

I have heard that there are Jews who will not turn on a lightswitch on the Sabbath because that's "lighting a fire" which is "work." It's a rather ridiculous literalism, but what makes it worse is that Jews believe that if they order a Christian servant or employee to turn on the lightswitch, that's ok and not a violation of the sabbath.

Jesus spent quite a lot of effort explaining to the Pharisees that they had turned the sabbath rules into a heavy burden that oppressed the Jewish people, and the Catholic Church has interpreted the sabbath rules in a far more reasonable way so that people can actually live within the rules. Catholics can drive their cars to church for example, while Jews are not allowed to drive their cars to the synagogue.

So don't be a Jew.

Jews believe that if they order a Christian servant or employee to turn on the lightswitch, that's ok and not a violation of the sabbath.

That is a violation of the Sabbath.
A Jew CAN make a VAGUE suggestion such as, "Oh MAN! I wish that light was on!"
Anyway, if you're interested in understanding how God used the Torah as the blueprint of creation, check out
https://www.amazon.com/Way-God-Dere...&sr=8-1&keywords=the+way+of+God&tag=ff0d01-20.
I know, I know...you're not THAT interested.
It's ridiculous to say that turning a light on during the Sabbath is a sin, and the problem is, Jews don't have a Pope or binding religious authority that can clarify that stupid rules like this can be abandoned.

I think the conservative Jews have taken the most reasonable path, adhering to kosher rules, but not to the more ridiculous rules.

So don't be a Jew.
He's not a Christian either.

Let's put it this way, God gave us a whole list of ways to behave and we said, "God said it so we're doing it."
God gave the same list to every one else and every one else has spent nearly 3,000 years explaining why God's list is an unnecessary
pain in the ***.
No, Peter and Paul and the other Apostles got together and decided that Christians DON'T have to follow the Jewish rules. They got authority to make this decision from Jesus Christ, but were guided by Peter's vision that told him that Christians were allowed to eat any kind of animal, and none of them were "unclean."

The problem with Judaism is that while it once was the authentic religion of God, God abandoned Judaism when Christ was born and formed a new Church. The Romans destroyed the Temple in 70 A.D., and the Jews were dispersed to all parts of the Empire. That was the end of the Biblical Israel, and the modern Israel is a political creation, created with Western wealth and brute force, but not enjoying the legitimacy that Israel had in Biblical times.

The modern Jewish faith is unable to inspire the faith of even the majority of Jews, who reject God in favor of secularism, or even downright atheism. They consider themselves Jews, but they do not believe in the Old Testament, and they anger God with their faithlessness, which is probably why so many bad things keep happening to them.

So Jews would be better off if they realized that Jesus of Nazareth really was the Messiah they were waiting for, and another Messiah is not coming.

Yeah, they can convert to Christianity and then see the violence in their country skyrocket.

Why? Well, of the top 40 murder cities in the world, 40 are Christian. The Top 27 countries in the world for murder are all Christian. Then Burma appears. Not sure why Burma has such a high murder rate, or how they get the stats from Burma, but anyway.

Yeah, they can convert to Christianity and then see the violence in their country skyrocket.

Why? Well, of the top 40 murder cities in the world, 40 are Christian. The Top 27 countries in the world for murder are all Christian. Then Burma appears. Not sure why Burma has such a high murder rate, or how they get the stats from Burma, but anyway.
You really need to provide links if you're going to roll off statistics.

You really need to provide links if you're going to roll off statistics.

Fine

List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia

List of cities by murder rate - Wikipedia

Forum List

Back