Jews would be better off converting to Christianity

Jews believe that if they order a Christian servant or employee to turn on the lightswitch, that's ok and not a violation of the sabbath.

That is a violation of the Sabbath.
A Jew CAN make a VAGUE suggestion such as, "Oh MAN! I wish that light was on!"
Anyway, if you're interested in understanding how God used the Torah as the blueprint of creation, check out
https://www.amazon.com/Way-God-Dere...&sr=8-1&keywords=the+way+of+God&tag=ff0d01-20.
I know, I know...you're not THAT interested.
It's ridiculous to say that turning a light on during the Sabbath is a sin, and the problem is, Jews don't have a Pope or binding religious authority that can clarify that stupid rules like this can be abandoned.

I think the conservative Jews have taken the most reasonable path, adhering to kosher rules, but not to the more ridiculous rules.
The Sabbath laws are derived by the proximity of the verses to observe the Sabbath and to cease from building the Temple.
Thus, any creative labor (39 categories) performed in order to construct the Temple is forbidden by God.

Conservative Jews have no rules and basically are one or two generations from becoming Christians (which they abhor) or Observant Jews (which they abhor).

It's ridiculous to eat the body of Jesus or to drink his blood but that's YOUR business, not mine.
We hate in others what we hate in ourselves the most, so this makes sense. Conservative Jews? Observant Jews? Then there are Orthodox Jews, too right? No wonder Christianity splintered, we were just copying you guys. Would you say there is a varying level of spirituality in the Jewish people?

So Jews would be better off if they realized that Jesus of Nazareth really was the Messiah they were waiting for, and another Messiah is not coming.

You DO realize that YOU are waiting for the 2nd coming of the Messiah.
The only problem is that you didn't get the 1st coming of the Messiah.
Jesus fulfilled the Old Testament prophesies that the Messiah would be born of a virgin, would be born in Bethlehem, would be called out of exile in Egypt, and would die in horrible manner and cry, "My God, why have you abandoned me?"

You know this, of course.
I know the Torah in Hebrew which is how I know all of those "proofs" are nonsense.
The smartest thing Mohammed did was to NOT reference the Torah.
The dumbest thing Paul did was to "reference" the Torah; makes it SO easy to mock him.
Mock Paul all you want, he was a lot smarter than you, and more successful. Other than Christ himself, he is the most significant religious leader who ever lived, helping to found a religion that has lasted more than 2000 years and has more than two billion living followers. What have you accomplished in life that gives you the right to mock Paul? You are not fit to tie up his shoelaces.
Paul was a dismal failure during his lifetime.
His writings are mocked in the Book of James.
By the way, Laverne & Shirley was a very successful show.
I'm sure Paul thanks Constantine, The Great on a daily basis.

Don't be offended that I find much in the Jewish religion ridiculous. You yourself must realize that fact, I'm sure every Jew realizes it. So your typical Jew has a choice of adhering to a bunch of ridiculous rules that make life literally impossible to live, or abandoning some of the rules and sticking to others in a hodgepodge manner, or abandoning all the rules and living with the guilt of not being a faithful Jew.

I offer a way out, convert to Christianity, which is a much more reasonable religion, and also has the advantage of being true since Jesus is the Messiah you have been waiting for.
The biggest problem the major rabbis had in post WWII America was how to maintain the almost infinite world of Torah observance in a world where most Torah giants were murdered.
The sad fact, that is only NOW being addressed, is the HEART of Torah is just as important as the MIND of Torah.
The Yeshivah system is VERY uninspiring.
I continued studying AFTER school and have been learning the MEANING of all the commandments and how they help me connect to God.
It CANNOT be explained in a post.

Christianity is Idol Worship...punishable for a Jew by death by court or a very unpleasant afterlife.
Now you're being to sound like guno and haShev, which means you're beginning to sound ridiculous.

Christianity is not idol worship because we don't actually believe the statues of Christ are Christ, we believe it is an artwork that may or may not look like him.

Pagans are idol worshippers, because they actually believe their idols ARE gods, and not mere representations of gods.

So Jews would be better off if they realized that Jesus of Nazareth really was the Messiah they were waiting for, and another Messiah is not coming.

Jesus fulfilled the Old Testament prophesies that the Messiah would be born of a virgin, would be born in Bethlehem, would be called out of exile in Egypt, and would die in horrible manner and cry, "My God, why have you abandoned me?"

I know the Torah in Hebrew which is how I know all of those "proofs" are nonsense.
The dumbest thing Paul did was to "reference" the Torah; makes it SO easy to mock him.
Mock Paul all you want, he was a lot smarter than you, and more successful. Other than Christ himself, he is the most significant religious leader who ever lived, helping to found a religion that has lasted more than 2000 years and has more than two billion living followers. What have you accomplished in life that gives you the right to mock Paul? You are not fit to tie up his shoelaces.
Paul was the most successful Apostle, and if it weren't for his influence, Christianity would not be the same today. He is probably the most successful man who ever lived, since he helped to found a religion that has lasted 2000 years and now has two billion worshippers. Also, he is in heaven now, which is the ultimate success for any Christian. Where will you go when you die? I've heard that Jews don't even know if they're going to heaven.

Jews believe that if they order a Christian servant or employee to turn on the lightswitch, that's ok and not a violation of the sabbath.

That is a violation of the Sabbath.
A Jew CAN make a VAGUE suggestion such as, "Oh MAN! I wish that light was on!"
Anyway, if you're interested in understanding how God used the Torah as the blueprint of creation, check out
https://www.amazon.com/Way-God-Dere...&sr=8-1&keywords=the+way+of+God&tag=ff0d01-20.
I know, I know...you're not THAT interested.
It's ridiculous to say that turning a light on during the Sabbath is a sin, and the problem is, Jews don't have a Pope or binding religious authority that can clarify that stupid rules like this can be abandoned.

I think the conservative Jews have taken the most reasonable path, adhering to kosher rules, but not to the more ridiculous rules.
The Sabbath laws are derived by the proximity of the verses to observe the Sabbath and to cease from building the Temple.
Thus, any creative labor (39 categories) performed in order to construct the Temple is forbidden by God.

Conservative Jews have no rules and basically are one or two generations from becoming Christians (which they abhor) or Observant Jews (which they abhor).

It's ridiculous to eat the body of Jesus or to drink his blood but that's YOUR business, not mine.
We hate in others what we hate in ourselves the most, so this makes sense. Conservative Jews? Observant Jews? Then there is Orthodox Jews, too right? How many more are there? No wonder Christianity splintered, we were just copying you guys. Would you say there is a varying level of spirituality in the Jewish people?
Observant is a very subjective word...
Every human being is a work in progress.
As a Jew who is attempting to be JEWISH, I spend many hours learning my technical AND spiritual responsibilities.
Everyone gets a smile from me.
If your cart only has a few item, I let you go first.
I thank everyone.
If something goes wrong, I impress upon myself that something WORSE was averted and I thank God for the imposition which is, in reality NOT an imposition.
And a whole bunch of other stuff.

Don't be offended that I find much in the Jewish religion ridiculous. You yourself must realize that fact, I'm sure every Jew realizes it. So your typical Jew has a choice of adhering to a bunch of ridiculous rules that make life literally impossible to live, or abandoning some of the rules and sticking to others in a hodgepodge manner, or abandoning all the rules and living with the guilt of not being a faithful Jew.

I offer a way out, convert to Christianity, which is a much more reasonable religion, and also has the advantage of being true since Jesus is the Messiah you have been waiting for.
The biggest problem the major rabbis had in post WWII America was how to maintain the almost infinite world of Torah observance in a world where most Torah giants were murdered.
The sad fact, that is only NOW being addressed, is the HEART of Torah is just as important as the MIND of Torah.
I continued studying AFTER school and have been learning the MEANING of all the commandments and how they help me connect to God.

Christianity is Idol Worship...punishable for a Jew by death by court or a very unpleasant afterlife.
Now you're being to sound like guno and haShev, which means you're beginning to sound ridiculous.

Christianity is not idol worship because we don't actually believe the statues of Christ are Christ, we believe it is an artwork that may or may not look like him.

Pagans are idol worshippers, because they actually believe their idols ARE gods, and not mere representations of gods.

But that's YOUR opinion.
There are more Christians Who Hate Other Christians sites on the web than any other type of religious oriented sites.
The problem is that the Epistles and Gospels conflict with each other and there's no central theme to unify Christians.

Paul was the most successful Apostle, and if it weren't for his influence, Christianity would not be the same today. He is probably the most successful man who ever lived, since he helped to found a religion that has lasted 2000 years and now has two billion worshippers. Also, he is in heaven now, which is the ultimate success for any Christian. Where will you go when you die? I've heard that Jews don't even know if they're going to heaven.
The religion that was founded by Constantine has almost ZERO resemblance to the Christianity of today.
No religion should take over 1,000 years to form.

Independent Blackrook is having a bad time of it so I am giving him some slack... However it would be best to point out to him that if Jews convert he will have to rename himself something else as the best players of chess in the world are usually Jews and since his supposed saviour was supposedly Jewish then he owes an incredible debt of gratitude to Jews and Jewish culture I could point out in many other ways but hey I don't want to take his rook with one little knight... Suffice to say yes some Jews may decide to lower themselves off Jacobs ladder but the vast majority aren't going anywhere except up no matter how nasty others become to them...
I'm not being nasty to Jews, only pointing out that the Jewish religion is wrong on the most fundamental question, which is that they reject Jesus as the Messiah.
Jesus did not exsist accept in the Christian story telling.... Heck the letter J is only a few hundred years old.. The character you conceive of fulfilled nothing to make him a messiah he was an abysmal failure in every way... We just were not fooled by the nonsense attributed to your idol....

I've heard that Jews don't even know if they're going to heaven.
Your soul is what you have achieved with it.
Jews, like God, are not Aristotelian.

Independent Blackrook is having a bad time of it so I am giving him some slack... However it would be best to point out to him that if Jews convert he will have to rename himself something else as the best players of chess in the world are usually Jews and since his supposed saviour was supposedly Jewish then he owes an incredible debt of gratitude to Jews and Jewish culture I could point out in many other ways but hey I don't want to take his rook with one little knight... Suffice to say yes some Jews may decide to lower themselves off Jacobs ladder but the vast majority aren't going anywhere except up no matter how nasty others become to them...
I'm not being nasty to Jews, only pointing out that the Jewish religion is wrong on the most fundamental question, which is that they reject Jesus as the Messiah.
Jesus did not exsist accept in the Christian story telling.... Heck the letter J is only a few hundred years old.. The character you conceive of fulfilled nothing to make him a messiah he was an abysmal failure in every way... We just were not fooled by the nonsense attributed to your idol....
The false impression is that Christianity caught on amongst the Jews.
The Jews were educated enough in their Scripture to know that whatever was being preached was a mangling of TJS.

But that's YOUR opinion.
There are more Christians Who Hate Other Christians sites on the web than any other type of religious oriented sites.
The problem is that the Epistles and Gospels conflict with each other and there's no central theme to unify Christians.
There was centralization but then that whole reformation thingee happened. I think they had to manage holy hell at the initial fragmentation, but they pulled it together and it was probably God's will that it turned out the way it did. Or at least I like to think it was. He does allow me to have a few rationalizations.

But that's YOUR opinion.
There was centralization but then that whole reformation thingee happened. I think they had to manage holy hell at the initial fragmentation, but they pulled it together and it was probably God's will that it turned out the way it did. Or at least I like to think it was. He does allow me to have a few rationalizations.
The "certralization" was a war machine that looted all of Europe.
I guess God likes gold.

The false impression is that Christianity caught on amongst the Jews.
The Jews were educated enough in their Scripture to know that whatever was being preached was a mangling of TJS.
It was easier for Christianity to spread after the Jews were dispersed and attacked and persecuted wherever they tried to make a life for themselves... The church saw to it that Jews were scapegoated , imprisoned, herded and basically treated as lower then the populace that way no matter how bad things were for the average Christian they wouldn't grumble because the Jew was lower on the totem pole and they could take their frustrations out on them instead of the aristocracy... It worked the same way in the Muslim countries...

That doesn't sound good. Is there a cure for me, I'm Catholic!

Why do you believe that Christianity is idol worshipping? Is it because of Christ and/or the Holy Spirit or Mary or whatever?

But that's YOUR opinion.
I guess God likes gold.
You do realize that other Christians fought to end that and that quite a few of the centralized did everything in their power to minimize the harm, right? So, in that light what men intended for evil, God used for the good of those who love Him.

Why do you believe that Christianity is idol worshipping? Is it because of Christ and/or the Holy Spirit or Mary or whatever?
I apologize...It's idol worship for a Jew.
It's a big question of whether or not this level of severity applies to a non-Jew.
You ARE mandated to believe in God as THE sole source of existence.
Any attribution of absolute power to a secondary entity is punishable by a very difficult state of being known as "being cut off".
Since there is no other source of existence besides God, God can leave you in a type of existence bereft of awareness of the existence that God created and sustains with every passing moment.
That's why you keep bumping into Jews...you have the knowledge of your mandate.

The religion that was founded by Constantine has almost ZERO resemblance to the Christianity of today.
What is the major difference between when it was founded and today? How about 200 years ago?

But that's YOUR opinion.
I guess God likes gold.
You do realize that other Christians fought to end that and that quite a few of the centralized did everything in their power to minimize the harm, right? So, in that light what men intended for evil, God used for the good of those who love Him.
There are always more good people than bad people.
It's just that the bad people have the foresight to collect the weapons before they give themselves away.

What is the major difference between when it was founded and today? How about 200 years ago?

Today, the Virgin Mother is more important than Jesus; that's why when you go into a hospital, the statues of Mary are far larger than any figures of Jesus.
Vatican II moves the Spirit from Jesus and the Father to the Church goers.
Christianity, like non-Orthodox flavors of Judaism, caters to the moors of the times.

The history of Christianity and what the RCC holds by in any given decade is incredibly confusing as more cultures were conquered.
You know of course that the concept of the Trinity came along way after Paul died and so Paul cannot, by the Church's own rules of what makes one a Saint, be a Saint.

You are not encouraged to know your history...
Ever wonder why?

I apologize...It's idol worship for a Jew.
It's a big question of whether or not this level of severity applies to a non-Jew.
You ARE mandated to believe in God as THE sole source of existence.
Any attribution of absolute power to a secondary entity is punishable by a very difficult state of being known as "being cut off".
Since there is no other source of existence besides God, God can leave you in a type of existence bereft of awareness of the existence that God created and sustains with every passing moment.
That's why you keep bumping into Jews...you have the knowledge of your mandate.
So my beliefs aren't much different, no other source of existence besides God (although He does not agree with me), yes, to the existence bereft, for sure.

So I had heard that the ancient Jews actually believed there were more than one God. I don't know if that was true or not, I assumed it was false. I had assumed the Bible was referring to false gods or idols. Anyway, how many Gods do you believe there are? You only believe there can be one Creator, right? The other one's mentioned, don't really exist, right?

Lastly, are you saying there are no coincidences (i.e. keep bumping into Jews) to fulfill the mandate? If so, I like that. I like that alot.

Forum List

Back