Zone1 Jewish woman called “White K***” at work - and fired for complaining

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re not even recounting your article correctly. First of all the incident could have been a she said she said situation so for you to say the black lady should have been fired is short sighted and ignorant: Fact is there are many ways this could have gone and you only have the story from the disgruntled employee. She didn’t get fired for complaining about being called a name. There was obviously an incident that led to her needing to take sensitivity classes and after taking those classes they still had issues with her. There is a story there that isn’t being told but you don’t seem curious about it. Why?
The incident was that a black called a Jew a K. And they sent the JEW to “sensitivity” training, and required nothing of the black. Odd how you take the side of the black and not the Jew who was victimized.

At the MINIMUM, why wasn‘t the black who screamEd out K sent to sensitivity training? All this incident shows, and the leftist responses to it, is that leftists are quick to allow all sorts of abhorrent behavior if it comes from a black, and be quick to say that the Jew needed sensitivity training.

Why was only the Jew required to take “sensitivity training” (shorthand for “let’s understand blacks’ anger and be sensitive to it) and not the black who yelled out the horrible slur?

(1) Deepest sympathies to the lady.

(2) Hopefully, she will get another job soon.

(3) Her bosses were probably afraid that they would lose their jobs if they took any action against her abusers.
Now we’re getting somewhere. This is probably closer to the truth.

And therein lies the problem.

The incident was that a black called a Jew a K. And they sent the JEW to “sensitivity” training, and required nothing of the black. Odd how you take the side of the black and not the zjew who was victimized.
I’m not taking any side. I’m looking for a balanced story. It’s not believable that the lady was minding her business doing nothing and then got called a name and sent to sensitivity training. Common sense tells me that she probably did or said something to or about the black ladies that made the employer send her to sensitivity training. Don’t know what that is. Also don’t trust this lady’s account that nothing was done to the black ladies who called her a name. Also don’t know what persisted that lead to her firing after she took the classes. It was obviously something, but your article doesn’t even try to go there and you don’t seem the least bit curious. Why is that?

I’m not taking any side. I’m looking for a balanced story. It’s not believable that the lady was minding her business doing nothing and then got called a name and sent to sensitivity training. Common sense tells me that she probably did or said something to or about the black ladies that made the employer send her to sensitivity training. Don’t know what that is. Also don’t trust this lady’s account that nothing was done to the black ladies who called her a name. Also don’t know what persisted that lead to her firing after she took the classes. It was obviously something, but your article doesn’t even try to go there and you don’t seem the least bit curious. Why is that?
Whatever the Jewish lady did, if anything, the black woman lashed out and called her a k***. And NO action was taken against the antisemitic black. Aren’t you curious as to why a black employee can get away with the nastiest name you can call a Jew (equivalent to the n-word), and her employers didn’t take some sort of action? That ALL the blame was placed on the Jew?

Is this how it is in woke, liberal companies? A black can get away with abhorrent behavior with no action taken? Why wasn’t the black sent to sensitivity training?

1) I have no “record” of racism.

2) And the blacks called the Jewish woman a K. There is no justification for that, and the blacks should have been fired. But the Jew had the misfortune of working for a woke company, and so they - like you - blame the Jewish woman instead of the antisemitic blacks.
If it happened, then it is unacceptable and she's entitled to damages.

I suspect we are only getting one side of the story, though.

It might also be that she was a pain to work with.

Some backdrop I found after a search...

It's a rather long piece, so I took the liberty of snipping a bit more from it than usual, for sake of clarity...

“I was called a white k–e, and I was harassed over knowing a high-ranking Cabinet member in the Trump administration,” Weitzman told The Daily Signal in an exclusive interview, using an offensive term for Jewish individuals.

She had helped care for a daughter of the Trump administration official, Weitzman said.

According to the lawsuit, Weitzman’s coworkers often sent her unsolicited emails Condemning the Trump administration and blaming her for Trump’s policies. When she reported the harassment, the suit says, the director of the center’s human resources office told her to simply “deal with it” and warned her that she likely would face retaliation if she filed a formal complaint.

Nidhi Berry, who supervised “Race and Allyship” training sessions at the Seattle cancer center, had sent an anti-Trump article as a follow-up to a racial sensitivity training that Jan. 21, the day after Joe Biden became president, according to the lawsuit. That article made generalizations about Jewish people that Weitzman found offensive.

Weitzman told The Daily Signal that the article contained instructions to lecture those around her, including her cancer patients, about Trump. She said Berry asked her to use the article “to talk about racism with patients and families.”

The social worker found that highly unethical, she said, not in the least because such political posturing isn’t remotely of interest to cancer patients:

When Weitzman complained about the article to Tiffany Courtnage, her direct boss, Courtnage told her to bring up the issue directly with Berry. Weitzman objected to that approach, but ultimately followed that instruction from her boss and spoke over the phone with Berry on Jan. 21.

Although that phone conversation proved “relatively pleasant,” according to the lawsuit, one week later Berry sent an email berating Weitzman.

In that email, Berry wrote to Weitzman that she was “flabbergasted that you, a white woman. and fellow social worker, would choose to burden me, a woman of color, with your feelings and triggers around this post.”

Berry asserted that “Trump’s administration did inspire hate speech and violence —this is a non-negotiable fact.”

“It is the essence of white privilege to be able to focus on a tree at the expense of seeing the forest,” Berry added in the email to Weitzman. “It is the essence of white fragility to claim victimhood when you are definitely not the victim. I’m disturbed that a white woman on a social work team at a major institution like [Seattle Cancer Care Alliance] would try to play these games, would claim the status of victimhood, in the face of a woman of color, after the years of the era of Trump.”

Berry also wrote: “You’ve mentioned to me previously that you identify as Jewish, which makes this interaction from last Thursday all the more bewildering to me, considering the anti-Semitisim [that] is stoked by the hate speech and violence Trump’s administration inspired.”

Last edited:
If you complain about racism in the workplace, you're likely to be fired for doing so. It does not matter if you are black or Jewish. The victim mentality is the problem. Facebook is known for firing troublemakers who raised the issue of racial discrimination.

New York
CNN Business —
Facebook (FB) fired an employee who publicly criticized a coworker on Twitter for not adding a statement of support for Black Lives Matter to documentation on an open-source project they were working on.

Brandon Dail, a user interface engineer in Seattle, Washington, announced on Friday in a tweet that he was let go for calling out a colleague on Twitter.

Dail had been among a group of Facebook employees who have been tweeting criticism of Facebook since the company’s CEO Mark Zuckerberg decided to take no action against President Donald Trump’s posts on the platform.

Last edited:
Reads like the plaintiff is a victim of the subsequent shenanigans of the ''long march through the institutions.''

The tolerance for antisemitism among leftists, so much so that if a Jew complains about being called a K at work, the liberals fire HER and take no action against her abusers.

I am continually impressed by the Radical Left who, among being champions for child rights, females control over her own body, human rights for prisoners, concern for the planet, animals, racism, et al, are so often found to be the biggest most indifferent abusers of children, women, racist attitudes and human rights violations yet just laugh it off when they are caught in the act, all the while excoriating others for what they do even if these other groups are not even actually guilty of the same things!

If you complain about racism in workplace, you're likely to be fired for doing so. It does not matter if you are black or Jewish. The victim mentality is the problem.
So the person yelling the K word at a Jew gets off Scott-free, and the Jew is fired. It DOES matter whether you are black or Jewish.

I am continually impressed by the Radical Left who, among being champions for child rights, females control over her own body, human rights for prisoners, concern for the planet, animals, racism, et al, are so often found to be the biggest most indifferent abusers of children, women, racist attitudes and human rights violations yet just laugh it off when they are caught in the act, all the while excoriating others for what they do even if these other groups are not even actually guilty of the same things!
Just as bad, when they are caught in the act, they can count on other leftists to defend them - and claim the victim of their racism “deserved it.”

Or maybe a privileged white woman's inability to get along with her coworkers is just not very high up on our list of things to be concerned about.

She has the resources to prove that in court if she was wrongly fired. I am metaphysically certain, though, that the company documented everything she did to antagonize coworkers or otherwise fail to perform.

So the person yelling the K word at a Jew gets off Scott-free, and the Jew is fired. It DOES matter whether you are black or Jewish.
I don't know if she got fired.

I don't know what the culture in that company was. It sounds like the kind of company that has an anti-Trump bias, and she was a Trump cultist, so it wasn't a good fit.

It's probably a good reason to never bring your politics to work, especially in this day and age.

1. Do you have evidence she did that? I didn't see it in the article.
2. If you don't, why are you postulating she might have done it? Are you just looking for an excuse, any excuse, to excuse the bigotry she faced?
IF this white woman??? Where’s your thread? That gives me permission to call any Negro I hate the “ N” word 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back