Jesus: Why is He so offensive to others?

If you can't show me in the Scriptures, then I don't need it. Your Catholic organization can't save you.

:)) Protestants are always saying they know the Bible so much better...guess not,

Why do you think the Catholic Church can "save"?

If you can't show me in the Scriptures, then I don't need it. Your Catholic organization can't save you.

:)) Protestants are always saying they know the Bible so much better...guess not,

I do know the Bible better than you. Show me the Scripture of the "Sacrament of reconciliation" you claim is biblical.

Who saves you, the Catholic Church or Jesus? I don't need any organization like the Catholic "church". All I need is faith in Jesus.

A while ago, it was OK to say God, but not Jesus.

Of course now, even God is frowned up. But it seems the name Jesus really riles people up. Many of those that are not believers of particularly the Christian faith seem to want to mock it and be sacrilegious

You see it everywhere, with celebrities, in music.

So, why do you think particularly Jesus, and Christianity in general, gets people so worked up?

It's funny, you say the name out loud Jesus people cringe, look down ..

You say the name devil, people just giggle, laugh and back to cheating on their taxes, sleeping around on their wives, girls shoplifting....

This is plain silly. Try reading primary sources.
`
Anti-Catholics are a dime a dozen within the various extremist sects of the (generically speaking) evangelicals. They are profuse online but in reality, not so much. I wrote a paper in college about Catholic priests and child sexual molestation. While I used a plethora of different sources, this researched report done by the John Jay College of Criminal Justice, became my "go to" document; The Nature and Scope of Sexual Abuse of Minors by Catholic Priests and Deacons in the United States 1950-2002. It contains good, solid facts, not the inane rants of religious extremists. You might want to give it a read.

It doesn't exonerate the Catholic Church but it does put things in perspective. For example, Catholic priests account for 24% of all child sexual abuse arrest and lawsuits in the U.S.. However, the protestant sects account for 48% of all child sexual abuse arrest and lawsuits. The problem is religion wide. The Catholics are just easy targets.

Last edited:

Of course now, even God is frowned up. But it seems the name Jesus really riles people up. Many of those that are not believers of particularly the Christian faith seem to want to mock it and be sacrilegious

So, why do you think particularly Jesus, and Christianity in general, gets people so worked up?

You say the name devil, people just giggle, laugh and back to cheating on their taxes, sleeping around on their wives, girls shoplifting....
The name of Jesus is powerful. Jesus is the one who will judge everyone. If we have faith in Him, we are already judged on the cross. If not, the unrepentant sinner will have no excuse if they rejected Him. That's why the name of Jesus causes such radical reactions.

Because God the Father and Jesus will not coddle you in your sins.

The name of Jesus is powerful. Jesus is the one who will judge everyone. If we have faith in Him, we are already judged on the cross. If not, the unrepentant sinner will have no excuse if they rejected Him. That's why the name of Jesus causes such radical reactions.

I know it's so weird , I shout Jesus Christ people run from me..

I shout Lucifer ..people just giggle and want to buy me a beer.

I do know the Bible better than you. Show me the Scripture of the "Sacrament of reconciliation" you claim is biblical.

If you know the Bible better than I do, then you should be able to present the passages.

This is plain silly. Try reading primary sources.
`
Anti-Catholics are a dime a dozen within the various extremist sects of the (generically speaking) evangelicals. They are profuse online but in reality, not so much. I wrote a paper in college about Catholic priests and child sexual molestation. While I used a plethora of different sources, this researched report done by the John Jay College of Criminal Justice, became my "go to" document; The Nature and Scope of Sexual Abuse of Minors by Catholic Priests and Deacons in the United States 1950-2002. It contains good, solid facts, not the inane rants of religious extremists. You might want to give it a read.

It doesn't exonerate the Catholic Church but it does put things in perspective. For example, Catholic priests account for 24% of all child sexual abuse arrest and lawsuits in the U.S.. However, the protestant sects account for 48% of all child sexual abuse arrest and lawsuits. The problem is religion wide. The Catholics are just easy targets.
Thank you! I think I may have already read this, or at least references to it, as the information in it is very familiar. Very good job.

If you know the Bible better than I do, then you should be able to present the passages.
Sure, right after you present the New Testament Scripture about confession to a priest and the Scriptures that state priests and nuns are to remain celebate.

Sure, right after you present the New Testament Scripture about confession to a priest and the Scriptures that state priests and nuns are to remain celebate.
Game over. Sad when someone cannot point to one of the many passages on this. Or, perhaps forgiveness simply isn't prized as highly in other denominations as by Catholics/Orthodox?

Game over. Sad when someone cannot point to one of the many passages on this. Or, perhaps forgiveness simply isn't prized as highly in other denominations as by Catholics/Orthodox?
Oh, cut the crap. I'm not the one here that claims tradition is as authoritative as Scripture. We both already know that Jesus forgives us if we confess our sins to Him. Now you're playing games to deflect because you can't produce Scriptures backing up the beliefs of the Catholic Church. Lame on your part.

Oh, cut the crap. I'm not the one here that claims tradition is as authoritative as Scripture. We both already know that Jesus forgives us if we confess our sins to Him. Now you're playing games to deflect because you can't produce Scriptures backing up the beliefs of the Catholic Church. Lame on your part.

1. The problem with so many non-Catholic Christians is that they forego doing many things that are meaningful and valued by Catholics. They do less. And, that's fine. If they feel less is more, and it draws them closer to God, Catholics have no problem with it. Go with our blessings. What is bemusing (and yes, somewhat amusing) is that non-Catholic Christians want Catholics to stop doing what Protestants consider "extra." Catholics are better versed in scripture, read through the Bible more often than others, and adhere to discipleship more closely. This is like an amateur athlete complaining that the professionals athletes are doing too much--if they would just do less, things would be better.

2. If you had truly been paying attention to my earlier posts, you would have known exactly which scriptures Catholics base the Sacrament of Reconciliation--and every other Sacrament as well.

3. Not lame, but philosophical. You have shown no interest in Catholic belief, but a great interest in wanting to tear down Catholic beliefs--if you could just figure out what those beliefs are.

4. I am sincere when I say, that as you are comfortable with your own beliefs and practices and they draw you closer to God, I am happy for you.

1. The problem with so many non-Catholic Christians is that they forego doing many things that are meaningful and valued by Catholics. They do less. And, that's fine. If they feel less is more, and it draws them closer to God, Catholics have no problem with it. Go with our blessings. What is bemusing (and yes, somewhat amusing) is that non-Catholic Christians want Catholics to stop doing what Protestants consider "extra." Catholics are better versed in scripture, read through the Bible more often than others, and adhere to discipleship more closely. This is like an amateur athlete complaining that the professionals athletes are doing too much--if they would just do less, things would be better.

2. If you had truly been paying attention to my earlier posts, you would have known exactly which scriptures Catholics base the Sacrament of Reconciliation--and every other Sacrament as well.

3. Not lame, but philosophical. You have shown no interest in Catholic belief, but a great interest in wanting to tear down Catholic beliefs--if you could just figure out what those beliefs are.

4. I am sincere when I say, that as you are comfortable with your own beliefs and practices and they draw you closer to God, I am happy for you.
I agree 100% with what you are saying.

Sin is only powerful over us when we are afraid to speak it out loud. There is a practical application to confessing out loud our sins to another, it removes the power that sin holds over us. That's why people feel like a weight has been lifted off of them. And it has too. Christ is carrying that load.

someone not believing what you believe does not mean what you believe is offensive. it means that they aren't interested in self-satisfied people acting like their beliefs are the only legitimate ones. and it also probably means that they don't want those beliefs imposed on others. so there ya go.

You're still playing games. There is no such term as "Sacrament of reconciliation".

Forum List

Back