Jesus' Run for the Presidency

...and even Jesus would be toast after a few news cycles because 'feed the hungry' sounds suspiciously like welfare! :lol:

Jesus would, I think, teach us to feed the hungry because it is the right thing for individuals to do. I missed the part of the bible where he handed that personal responsibility over to government.

The whole point of following Christ is to do it willingly - from choice. That's where many on the left part company from the teachings of Jesus.

...and even Jesus would be toast after a few news cycles because 'feed the hungry' sounds suspiciously like welfare! :lol:

Jesus would, I think, teach us to feed the hungry because it is the right thing for individuals to do. I missed the part of the bible where he handed that personal responsibility over to government.

The whole point of following Christ is to do it willingly - from choice. That's where many on the left part company from the teachings of Jesus.
And oddly enough? The Founders recognized the free will aspect.

And oddly enough? The Founders recognized the free will aspect.

It is, again, where the left part company with Christianity. Free will is absolutely fundamental in Christianity. Force is absolutely key on the left.

Where does the right part company with the teachings of Jesus?

Jesus_Saves_by_dmavromatis.jpg

Bill Maher opines as to what would happen if Jesus ran for president as a republican.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=62Y5uHcD_Ko]Bill Maher - The Word For Republicans These Days Is... - YouTube

That's where I stopped reading

:cuckoo:

When did you stop thinking?

Sorry if I don't allow irrelevant comedians do my thinking for me.

:eusa_hand:

For someone that is always ridiculing the "big invisible man in the sky" Maher seems overly concerned with what Jesus would or wouldn't do

That's where I stopped reading

:cuckoo:

For someone that is always ridiculing the "big invisible man in the sky" Maher seems overly concerned with what Jesus would or wouldn't do

Poor Bill Maher.. I used to really like him... then he lapsed into a cesspool of insanity... not sure what happened to him. He actually used to be relevant.

Jesus would not run for President.
Correct. The proper political description for Jesus would be "King."

A title which is just all right with theocrats ... provided, of course, the "Jesus" in question is their own personal Jesus(TM).

Because, you know:​
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0CcB-sHGkE"]Nobody Fucks with the Jesus[/ame]Obviously, if we're talking about someone else's personal Jesus(TM), then "NFW" (hypocritically disavowing their latest critique of the 1st Amendment.)

Perhaps you and Bill should learn a few facts about religious figures before you attribute bullshit to them?
An excellent point--that should be taken by ... well, ... everybody.

Yea,Maher does seem to have an unhealthy obsession with the Jesus issue. If you're an Atheist,that's fine with me but being an Atheist doesn't mean you have to be hateful and ridicule others. Being spritual is a positive thing. But the Left always wants to portray it as being a negative thing. I attend Church and i only get positive vibes and happiness out of it. Maybe more on the Left should give Jesus and Church another chance. It really can be a pleasant and uplifting experience. Finding the right Church is important though. But if you seek,you shall find. Hey that's just how i feel anyway.

Yea,Maher does seem to have an unhealthy obsession with the Jesus issue. If you're an Atheist,that's fine with me but being an Atheist doesn't mean you have to be hateful and ridicule others. Being spritual is a positive thing. But the Left always wants to portray it as being a negative thing. I attend Church and i only get positive vibes and happiness out of it. Maybe more on the Left should give Jesus and Church another chance. It really can be a pleasant and uplifting experience. Finding the right Church is important though. But if you seek,you shall find. Hey that's just how i feel anyway.

not nearly as unhealthy an obsession as the radical religious right.

i think his point... which you might not like... is that even jesus couldn't get past the GOP base.

let me know what he said that wasn't true.

Poor Bill Maher.. I used to really like him... then he lapsed into a cesspool of insanity... not sure what happened to him. He actually used to be relevant.

Me too.
A lot of my favorite people are/were comedians....Pryor, Martin, Carlin, etc... Maher used to be hilarious.
Either he got turned sideways or I just matured faster than him
:D

Forum List

Back