Jesus' Run for the Presidency

I don't know any of these so-called right religious fanatics the left always carps about. I attend Church all the time and i only get positive uplifting vibes. Maybe most on the Left just aren't informed enough to carp so much. Or maybe they attended the wrong Churches in the past and just can't get over it. But the Left's views on Jesus and the Church really are very uninformed views. I love Jesus and Church and i only feel great after services. So i guess finding the right Church really is very important. Many on the Left really should give Jesus and Church another shot. It's not the horror show many choose to make it out to be. Also,Jesus would run as an Independent. That's just my take anyway. Have a great day.

Last edited:
I don't know any of these so-called right religious fanatics the left always carps about. I attend Church all the time and i only get positive uplifting vibes. Maybe most on the Left just aren't informed enough to carp so much. Or maybe they attended the wrong Churches in the past and just can't get over it. But the Left's views on Jesus and the Church really are very uninformed views. I love Jesus and Church and i only feel great after services. So i guess finding the right Church really is very important. Many on the Left really should give Jesus and Church another shot. It's not the horror show many choose to make it out to be. Also,Jesus would run as an Independent. That's just my take anyway. Have a great day.

I believe in G-d... not yeshua. And given that I'm 18 hours into not eating today, I'm pretty sure my belief is pretty strong.

Jesus was a liberal. Watch Mahr's bit. he's not making fun of jesus. He's making fun of the people who pretend that the republican party is the party of jesus. I have no problem with what other people believe. The religious right has to learn to have a sense of humor.

Have a great day, too.

Yea,Maher does seem to have an unhealthy obsession with the Jesus issue. If you're an Atheist,that's fine with me but being an Atheist doesn't mean you have to be hateful and ridicule others. Being spritual is a positive thing. But the Left always wants to portray it as being a negative thing. I attend Church and i only get positive vibes and happiness out of it. Maybe more on the Left should give Jesus and Church another chance. It really can be a pleasant and uplifting experience. Finding the right Church is important though. But if you seek,you shall find. Hey that's just how i feel anyway.

If I say that I would prefer that we take "under god" out of the pledge of allegience to this country.........and that I prefer that we take "in god we trust" off of our currency...wouyld you consider that a hateful comment?

I believe in G-d... not yeshua. And given that I'm 18 hours into not eating today, I'm pretty sure my belief is pretty strong.

Jesus was a liberal. Watch Mahr's bit. he's not making fun of jesus. He's making fun of the people who pretend that the republican party is the party of jesus. I have no problem with what other people believe. The religious right has to learn to have a sense of humor.

Have a great day, too.
well, if Maher was discussing Jesus and not making fun of him, he's turned a new leaf. Maher is one of the funniest but at the same time one of the biggest jackasses around.

...and even Jesus would be toast after a few news cycles because 'feed the hungry' sounds suspiciously like welfare! :lol:

Jesus would, I think, teach us to feed the hungry because it is the right thing for individuals to do. I missed the part of the bible where he handed that personal responsibility over to government.

The whole point of following Christ is to do it willingly - from choice. That's where many on the left part company from the teachings of Jesus.

Where does the right part company with the teachings of Jesus?

Around about the same place that the left.

Have a great day, too.

Jesus was not a liberal, mo chara. I think this 'Jesus is on our side' is pathetic... from anyone. If you believe that He would think highly of the Limo Liberals in the US, I think you should study who He really was.

Have a great day, too.

I just refuse to give Maher the views, the ratings, or the platform.

:doubt:

Maher never makes fun of Jesus. He makes fun of hypocrites who use his name.

then you haven't paying attention.

Um.........sure I have. I have seen, heard and read Maher make fun of hypocrite religious people and even some that are not hypocrites.....but are just nuts.

Have you a clip or a link to him actually making fun of Jesus? Or...am I taking your word for it?

Um.........sure I have. I have seen, heard and read Maher make fun of hypocrite religious people and even some that are not hypocrites.....but are just nuts.

Have you a clip or a link to him actually making fun of Jesus? Or...am I taking your word for it?

Take my word for it.. You haven't been paying attention. I'm not going to search through youtube to teach you that which you should already know.

I think he's an atheist, so he cannot mock the nonexistent.

Or somesuch.

I see some wise Mod moved this thread to its appropriate home.

really?

Yea, really. It sure as hell wasn't 'politics'. It isn't funny - so the humor forums out. It's not a flame ... so the romper room seems appropriate.... Any poster that claims Christ for their own political agenda deserves to be posting here.

i didn't post it in humor, did I?

and if it weren't yom kippur, i'd have a lot more to say.

over and out.

Jesus would not run for President. Perhaps you and Bill should learn a few facts about religious figures before you attribute bullshit to them?

Lighten up and open your mind for a second: the point is well-made that much of Christian doctrine conflicts with conservative dogma.

Yes, JC would not make it as the GOP nominee.

Yea, really. It sure as hell wasn't 'politics'. It isn't funny - so the humor forums out. It's not a flame ... so the romper room seems appropriate.... Any poster that claims Christ for their own political agenda deserves to be posting here.

i didn't post it in humor, did I?

and if it weren't yom kippur, i'd have a lot more to say.

over and out.

I wish you and yours a peaceful Yom Kippur, mo chara.

Forum List

Back