Jesus' Run for the Presidency

Jesus would not run for President. Perhaps you and Bill should learn a few facts about religious figures before you attribute bullshit to them?

Lighten up and open your mind for a second: the point is well-made that much of Christian doctrine conflicts with conservative dogma.

Yes, JC would not make it as the GOP nominee.

Nor would he make the DNC nomination. And much of Christian doctrine conflicts with the liberal dogma too.... see how that works?

This pathetic bullshit about Jesus being a liberal is equally as ridiculous as anyone claiming He's a conservative. The only difference is that I have yet to see a conservative make such a ridiculous claim.

then you haven't paying attention.

Um.........sure I have. I have seen, heard and read Maher make fun of hypocrite religious people and even some that are not hypocrites.....but are just nuts.

Have you a clip or a link to him actually making fun of Jesus? Or...am I taking your word for it?

Take my word for it.. You haven't been paying attention. I'm not going to search through youtube to teach you that which you should already know.

In other words, you are not going to search through youtube to find proof of a declarative statement that you have made. I get that. I sometimes ask people to take my word for things too...especially when I have just overplayed my hand and said something that I am not 100% certain that I can support.

I can't do it in this case though......because I am a pretty attentive guy....and I have been a fan of the his for quite some time. You'll either have to bring the proof-filled pudding or concede your error. Those aren't your only choices, however.....as I am sure you know.

Maher and others on the Left seem to perceive the word 'Hypocrite' in a very arbitrary and flawed fashion. What is a 'Hypocrite' to someone on the Left? And aren't there many hypocrites on the Left too? Using the 'Hypocrite' argument to justify hating & ridiculing those of faith is a very weak-minded approach. I have never run into any of these evil right religious fanatics the Left obesesses over. No Church i was ever a part of consisted of those kinds of people. It just seems like a convenient Boogeyman for the Left to freak out over.

My Church preaches the word of God and how the word can help you in your life. Prayer really is incredibly powerful. Maher and many on the Left exaggerate the numbers of these right religious fanatics. It really is a form of ignorant bigotry. Personally i feel a real sense of positive power when i leave my Church. I don't get that same feeling anywhere else. So Maher and the Left just need to chill out and quit ripping on those of faith. Basically he needs to get over it. If you want to be an Atheist,than so be it. But you don't have to be hateful and ignorant.

Last edited:
I was going to say that he couldn't be president because he wasn't born in America, however, since Obama was probably born in Kenya that isn't true.

Jesus was a liberal. He knocked over the tables of people doing commerce. I am sure people were wondering who this idiot was that wouldn't let them buy animals for sacrifices.

I can see him in one of the wall street protests.

Maher and others on the Left seem to perceive the word 'Hypocrite' in a very arbitrary and flawed fashion. What is a 'Hypocrite' to someone on the Left? And aren't there many hypocrites on the Left too? Using the 'Hypocrite' argument to justify hating & ridiculing those of faith is a very weak-minded approach. I have never run into any of these evil right religious fanatics the Left obesesses over. No Church i was ever a part of consisted of those kinds of people. It just seems like a convenient Boogeyman for the Left to freak out over.

My Church preaches the word of God and how the word can help you in your life. Prayer really is incredibly powerful. Maher and many on the Left exaggerate the numbers of these right religious fanatics. It really is a form of ignorant bigotry. Personally i feel a real sense of positive power when i leave my Church. I don't get that same feeling anywhere else. So Maher and the Left just need to chill out and quit ripping on those of faith. Basically he needs to get over it. If you want to be an Atheist,than so be it. But you don't have to be hateful and ignorant.

If I say that I would prefer that we take "under god" out of the pledge of allegience to this country.........and that I prefer that we take "in god we trust" off of our currency...would you consider that a hateful comment?

I was going to say that he couldn't be president because he wasn't born in America, however, since Obama was probably born in Kenya that isn't true.

Jesus was a liberal. He knocked over the tables of people doing commerce. I am sure people were wondering who this idiot was that wouldn't let them buy animals for sacrifices.

Look everyone! A living, breathing birther! It is OK to stare......they crave attention. And look.......he references a work of fiction in his signature line...he wants us to believe he can read.

Look everyone! A living, breathing birther! It is OK to stare......they crave attention. And look.......he references a work of fiction in his signature line...he wants us to believe he can read.

Maybe the Kenya comment was a tongue-in-cheek comment.

Last edited:
I certainly have my doubts that Barak Hussein Obama was born in the US.

Apparently, Michelle Obama believes that her husband's home country is Kenya.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBJihJBePcs]Michelle says Barack's Home country is Kenya - full statement - YouTube[/ame]

But hey everyone who runs for president has his original birth certificate destroyed in a fire. :eusa_whistle:

What work of fiction O' briliant one?

Last edited:
I certainly have my doubts that Barak Hussein Obama was born in the US.

Apparently, Michelle Obama believes that her husband's home country is Kenya.

Michelle says Barack's Home country is Kenya - full statement - YouTube

But hey everyone who runs for president has his original birth certificate destroyed in a fire. :eusa_whistle:

What work of fiction O' briliant one?

Good point, but how could she have better phrased it. His father's homeland?

Because I refuse to buy "ZOMG, can you believe that HUGE cat Michelle just let out of the bag?!"

...and even Jesus would be toast after a few news cycles because 'feed the hungry' sounds suspiciously like welfare! :lol:

Jesus would, I think, teach us to feed the hungry because it is the right thing for individuals to do. I missed the part of the bible where he handed that personal responsibility over to government.

The whole point of following Christ is to do it willingly - from choice. That's where many on the left part company from the teachings of Jesus.

Where does the right part company with the teachings of Jesus?

Enlighten us....

Yea,Maher does seem to have an unhealthy obsession with the Jesus issue. If you're an Atheist,that's fine with me but being an Atheist doesn't mean you have to be hateful and ridicule others. Being spritual is a positive thing. But the Left always wants to portray it as being a negative thing. I attend Church and i only get positive vibes and happiness out of it. Maybe more on the Left should give Jesus and Church another chance. It really can be a pleasant and uplifting experience. Finding the right Church is important though. But if you seek,you shall find. Hey that's just how i feel anyway.

If I say that I would prefer that we take "under god" out of the pledge of allegience to this country.........and that I prefer that we take "in god we trust" off of our currency...wouyld you consider that a hateful comment?

What's your motive then? What is it about God that so offends you?

Yea,Maher does seem to have an unhealthy obsession with the Jesus issue. If you're an Atheist,that's fine with me but being an Atheist doesn't mean you have to be hateful and ridicule others. Being spritual is a positive thing. But the Left always wants to portray it as being a negative thing. I attend Church and i only get positive vibes and happiness out of it. Maybe more on the Left should give Jesus and Church another chance. It really can be a pleasant and uplifting experience. Finding the right Church is important though. But if you seek,you shall find. Hey that's just how i feel anyway.

If I say that I would prefer that we take "under god" out of the pledge of allegience to this country.........and that I prefer that we take "in god we trust" off of our currency...wouyld you consider that a hateful comment?

The comportment of those who call themselves by His name.

Nothing. As there is no god, god does not offend me.

Hate & bigotry is wrong no matter who is doing it. Maher & many on the Left have become so hateful. I recommend some Church and a spiritual revival for them. Spending so much time hating has to take its toll. I know he's very wealthy but wealth isn't everything. I'll pray for him.

The comportment of those who call themselves by His name.
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BDBoop again."

Forum List

Back